Post your embarrassing pre-cg pics!

kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
Thought would be gd to show these for a laugh! I was going through the old photos to put into albums and came across some truly awful pictures of my hair, so bad I cannot believe my mother let me leave the house!

So laugh and enjoy and post your own so I dont feel so stupid! :flower:

Comments

• BecciBecci Posts: 401Registered Users
    I think the last one looks quite good actually!

Must say that your curls seem to be alot tighter now though.
    From U.K & started CG 13th July 08 :thumbleft:

Using VO5 Moisture Milks Passion Fruit Smoothie for co-washing and conditioning.

Using Boots curl creme

Considering going Mod-CG and using H&S once a week to prevent build up, flakes and other nastys.:confused3:
  • EireEire Posts: 72Registered Users
    Ok, I'll bite. These are the reasons that all the pictures of my teenage years (up until 16) must be burned. Only the last one isn't too bad.
    3A- Current products: EMBS, B2B Pom, Pink Boots
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! was beginning to think I'd scared everyone away with my hideous photos lol!

Eire- you look great!

:laughing6:
  • bluujaybluujay Posts: 71Registered Users
    oh jeez
    latesummer06001.jpg
    sanfran.jpg way way old but wow
    hahah i even bleached it halla1.jpg
    and of course i used to straighten it vermont1-1.jpg i was a crazy teen....i'm so happy i know how to do my hair now
  • EireEire Posts: 72Registered Users
    Thanks, Kat! You've got some pretty nice ones there yourself. :toothy7:

And bluujay, that's not even fair. You look nice in your pre-cg pics!
    3A- Current products: EMBS, B2B Pom, Pink Boots
  • ArjaeArjae Posts: 412Registered Users
    It's a Christmas tree! Lol. Here is my hair, pre-CG, all brushed out. (I did it just for fun.) But, it would probably look just as bad if I brushed it out now...

[picture removed by Rose J]
    3A, medium fine. Currently avoiding shampoos, 'cones, 'xanes and sulfates. Hair length - a bit beyond BSL. Mostly CG since July 2, 2008.oregonian_showersmile.gif
  • curlywurly271curlywurly271 Posts: 286Registered Users
    Here are mine ...
    UK curly :occasion8:

event.png
  • BecciBecci Posts: 401Registered Users
    Well here goes.. When I was a baby I had curls and waves at the bottom of my hair but it was always tied in ponytails, bunchs or put in braids as it was right past my rear end. Im unsure whether that is the reason it seems to curl and wave from the bottom (below the bobble) When I have layers like on the 3rd pic the waves seem to curl from near the roots but drop as soon as my hair was dry.

In the photos where I was about 6 or 7 and the one where I was 12 my hair was cut off to try to get rid of the waves and curls as they were "to much hassel" for my dad.

Then the ones of me older was where I got caught out on holiday. (Ive always blow dried my hair straight or used irons so theres not many pics of me with natural hair.)

Then the last is what my hairdresser thought would look good for my wedding!!!!!!!!! :cry::thumbdown:
    From U.K & started CG 13th July 08 :thumbleft:

Using VO5 Moisture Milks Passion Fruit Smoothie for co-washing and conditioning.

Using Boots curl creme

Considering going Mod-CG and using H&S once a week to prevent build up, flakes and other nastys.:confused3:
  • redheadmommy05redheadmommy05 Posts: 289Registered Users
    100_0227.jpg
    PHTO0001859.jpg
    PHTO0001.jpg
    I used to brush my curly hair and then pull half of it back so it didn't look so thick. I also had terrible hat hair when i was in the military.:puker: It is in much better shape now that i know how to take care of it.
    3A thick curls and waves.....
    trying to find a simple hair routine for a nurse/mommy always on the go!!
    Currently using henna and ....
    Low poos: Giovanni TTT , KC Come Clean
    CO: Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin MC, CJ Deep Fix, AOHR, TIGI MM, KCKT
    Stylers: Ecostyler, KCCC, BRHG, DevaCare Arc AnGel
    http://public.fotki.com/redheadmommmy05
    pw:curly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PwniePwnie Posts: 29Registered Users
    Man, I wish there was a prize for this.

n517685424_2722397_8678.jpg
    n1456290214_30084598_1315.jpg
    n1456290214_30084590_8880.jpg
    Pwnie-wow love your red hair? Any pics of what you hair looks like now on cg?
  • PwniePwnie Posts: 29Registered Users
    Yes, thank goodness!

HERE is my before and after thread. Much improved, I think. (:
    oh yes I have seen that thread, your hair looks great and you can get away with no styling products!
  • curlieicacurlieica Posts: 20Registered Users
    Before, pictured with my awesome and beautiful girls (and son). The older girl is Mixed_mama on this site. We've started our CG journey together. Buying products for two is expensive!)
    329229110.jpg
    After, but only three days CG. My hair is clipped on top and it took about 4 hours to dry. It's also a bit longer than the pre CG picture which was taken last Oct:
    329227583.jpg
    I got a hair cut and he put lots of short layers in it. It curls up OK with the shorter layers but I'm anxious to see how it looks after it has grown 3 or 4 inches:
    329223336.jpg
    329223047.jpg
  • Curligirl89Curligirl89 Posts: 70Registered Users
    I would love to put up my embarassing pics but I can't figure out how to. lol I'm new to this posting thing! Help? :cry:
    *~Lora~*
    3a,brunette,about shoulder length, CG Newbie!
    CO-Wash: Suave Natural Ocean Breeze Cond
    Leave In: BioInfusion Rosemary Mint Cond
    Love ACV Rinses!
    Sometimes use Dove Therapy Cool Mint for clarifying
    Aussie Sydney Smooth Gel for frizzies :)
    My hairhates FOTE and is protein sensitive
    if you go onto advanced post then managed attachments yo can ass picture from your computer that way
  • Curligirl89Curligirl89 Posts: 70Registered Users
    Okay, I think i figured it out!
    The first one was taken in HS right after i got it chemically straightened. Yikes! It ruined my hair! The second one is a few months later when the effect began to wear off. The third was my junior year of HS when my natural curl was beginning to come back, I just didn't know how to care for it. The fourth was a few months ago after I got 6 inches cut off (wish I had never done it!) and had to straighten it because it curled up way too short. And the fifth one was taken last week before I started CG :)
    *~Lora~*
    3a,brunette,about shoulder length, CG Newbie!
    CO-Wash: Suave Natural Ocean Breeze Cond
    Leave In: BioInfusion Rosemary Mint Cond
    Love ACV Rinses!
    Sometimes use Dove Therapy Cool Mint for clarifying
    Aussie Sydney Smooth Gel for frizzies :)
    My hairhates FOTE and is protein sensitive
  • misfitcurlsmisfitcurls Posts: 736Registered Users Curl Novice
    here is my transition from a chemical straightener :(
    100_5864.jpg
    me on left mom on right... BANGS?! wtf
    DSC02289.jpg
    a very young misfit (i'd guess 10 or 11?)dressed for halloween but regular hair!
    DSC02287-1.jpg
    HENNA HEAD
    3B just past BSL in back (when curly)
    CG since 3/08
    HG's:biolage condtioning balm and kpak (both the generic value versions)
    overnight plop with a flour sack the strutt way
    honey after leave-in
    satin sleep cap & shea butter for day 2 hair
    USING:KCKT&KCCC(its my HG :))
    ALSO LOVE:jessicurl aloeba leave-in, rr, ccss
    http://public.fotki.com/misfitcurls/
    by: Riot Crrl!
    I think you could walk around with words and stick people drawn on your face and still look supercute.
    okay seriously that last picture with your long red hair is sooooo cute! I still think no one else's is as bad as mine though!
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    okay seriously that last picture with your long red hair is sooooo cute! I still think no one else's is as bad as mine though!

Oh yeah? Check out my fotki under short hair. LOL

I wish my scanner wasn't busted I have some beauts in hard copy from high school and university. ;)
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • curlieicacurlieica Posts: 20Registered Users

I wish my scanner wasn't busted I have some beauts in hard copy from high school and university. ;)

Oh yes! I have one of those short cuts too! It was good for about 2 days after it was cut but as soon as it started growing in it became a hair helmet. This was taken right after a cut. I really wanted this look to work for me!

329461957.jpg
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    curlieica wrote: »

Oh yes! I have one of those short cuts too! It was good for about 2 days after but as soon as it started growing in it became a hair helmet. This was taken right after a cut. I really wanted this look to work for me!

329461957.jpg

Glad I wasn't alone. My boyfriend called it "snap-on lego" hair. LOL
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • hunnybeemayhunnybeemay Posts: 75Registered Users
    Okay, you guys have great results going CG. I tried but I felt like I had to use a TON of gel and my hair felt weird. If I had curls like some of you now I would die out of pure joy.
    I know this is an embarrassing pic gallery, but what am I doing wrong. I am seriously amazed at the after pics I've seen on this site.
    Do you use special CG products? I was using suave with only so-so results. I don't have a lot of $$ to spare.
    Also, I'm trying to grow out my hair and I'm still unsure of what cuts are flattering now (I got lots of complements on my curly bob) so it's trial and error for the forseeable future.
    Thanks for the help!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file