Another CV order too!

rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
I placed another CV order as well. Here's what is in THAT haul LOL....

Cucumber lime soap sample
olive/shea soap sample
orange creamsicle soap sample
cafe moreno shampoo bar sample
Mini whipped shea lemon almond sample
large jar of whipped cocoa butter (4 oz!!!)
soap deck

Can't wait for this one either! :D
Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Low poo: looking
COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
RO: varies
Protein: CJCF or CJRM
DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
LI: varies, usually KCKT
Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• pigreyhoundpigreyhound Posts: 764Registered Users
    Rymorg,
    You are just buying it all!!! ;-)
    So, I am very interested in what you think about the hair benefits of the whipped cocoa butter vs. the shea butter. I typically use shea butter but I noticed someone said they really liked the cocoa butter.
    Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
    CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
    Co-wash: TJ Nourish
    Protein: CJ Repair Me
    Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
    Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    I know a PJ, I know a PJ ! :tongue10:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm very jealous of your CV and Terressential orders! I can't afford anything right now, but I'm definitely going to order some of the Honey Butter soap and Olive Babassu Shampoo when they're available....show me the moisture! Can't wait for your feedback on it all.
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    rymorg2 - Just teasing you. :flower: Some of those soaps look real yummy. I'll be curious to hear about the whipped cocoa butter as well. I have some regular cocoa butter I bought at Whole Foods, but it is as hard as a rock!! The whipped might be the way to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    Rymorg,
    You are just buying it all!!! ;-)
    So, I am very interested in what you think about the hair benefits of the whipped cocoa butter vs. the shea butter. I typically use shea butter but I noticed someone said they really liked the cocoa butter.

Oh yeah, I know. I'm a PJ. No, really. I am. I've used both in my hair and their benefits at least for me are similar. However....The cocoa scent is to DIE for in the whipped butter. I really like it in my hair. SO YUMMY!!!!! Can you imagine the Cafe Moreno bar and then whipped cocoa butter in after? Can you say CAFE MOCHA anyone????? :binky:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    misspam wrote: »
    I know a PJ, I know a PJ ! :tongue10:

OMG WHERE????!!!!! :smilebox: :money:

rymorg2 - Just teasing you. :flower: Some of those soaps look real yummy. I'll be curious to hear about the whipped cocoa butter as well. I have some regular cocoa butter I bought at Whole Foods, but it is as hard as a rock!! The whipped might be the way to go.

I know. I'm nothing but a :angel13:really. LOL....just kidding. I smelled that cocoa butter and looked at it, but it was too hard for my taste. And the cocoa scent was a little stronger than this. This is very light and yummy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm very jealous of your CV and Terressential orders! I can't afford anything right now, but I'm definitely going to order some of the Honey Butter soap and Olive Babassu Shampoo when they're available....show me the moisture! Can't wait for your feedback on it all.

sigh....I've been getting pretty good tips at work over the last few weeks. That's the only reason I CAN afford it LOL. I'm hoping to find something all natural that works and stick with it, but I think the PJ in me will do this occasionally :money: anyway. I'm planning on those two as well.

So far I've just tried the extra honey beer and egg. I did like it. They all smell divine though. And I did patch tests with them all as well. No problems with my problematic skin. Which is good. The extra honey beer and egg has a very creamy lather. I lathered up in my hands three times, and did a vinegar rinse and AOHR. It sure took whatever is left in/on my hair off though, can we say FUNKY hair???? But a vinegar rinse took care of that. Add to that the AOHR and the butters I've put in my hair since and my hair is very soft. Today is an off day and one that I've chosen to do nothing to my hair for (it's back in a ponytail with nothing but the whipped shea on it) and if I do that occasionally I get pretty soft hair. Thanks!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rhosyn_durhosyn_du Posts: 99Registered Users
    Oh, man. They have the cucumber lime back in stock? I wonder how annoyed my husband would be if I placed another soap order after having just gotten a huge box...

Also, the olive shea soap is truly awesome. It's currently my favorite body soap. It makes my skin so soft. :thumbleft:
    2c, fine/medium with a few coarse grays, medium porosity, normal elasticity, protein-sensitive

Modified CG
    Low-Poo: L'Oreal EverCurl Shampoo
    RO: L'Oreal EverCurl Conditioner
    LOC: KCKT,
    Nightblooming Triple Moon Hair Anointing Oil, & Nightblooming Panacea or Freya Hair Salve
    Styling: Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel, Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Finishing Paste
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    rhosyn_du wrote: »
    Oh, man. They have the cucumber lime back in stock? I wonder how annoyed my husband would be if I placed another soap order after having just gotten a huge box...

Also, the olive shea soap is truly awesome. It's currently my favorite body soap. It makes my skin so soft. :thumbleft:

Stop, STOP already...so, Olive Shea goes on my list, too. I have a sample of the cucumber lime, but I think I need more moisture. Have you ever used the Olive Shea on your hair?
  • memesmemes Posts: 785Registered Users
    I don't even like shampoo bars and I'm lusting to try some of those CV scents. Are the bars really that different from other shampoo bars?

Michelle
    3A, fine but thick, low porosity, low to medium resilience, protein sensitive but not to silk

Favorites: Anything from Curly Kinks...their system is my new holy grail. Still liking Juice Organics Orange and TJ Refresh Conditioners as all purpose co-wash and rinse outs.
  • scorpiofirescorpiofire Posts: 122Registered Users
    I just placed an order since i had money in my paypal for once. I ordered samples of :
    carrot milk and honey shampoo bar
    extra honey,beer and egg shampoo bar
    rosemary lavander aloe shampoo bar
    chamomille and citrus shampoo bar
    avocadoe,oats and shea soap

Cant wait to try these out :blob4:
    Colored shoulder lenght ,3A/3B, fine hair but lots of it

http://public.fotki.com/scorpiofire/

pw:maxime

currently using:
    suave tropical coconut, apple or tangerine conditioner to co-wash
    condition with Live clean or L'Oreal pro vive
    Loo-poo every 2 wks with Live clean
    Styling combos:
    Just got some jessicurl products last week and loving the results
    AG re:coil, biolage gelee or BHRG
    Catwalk curls amplifier,biolage gelee

Banned products:
    CK

Total PJ ,can you tell?
  • pigreyhoundpigreyhound Posts: 764Registered Users
    memes wrote: »
    I don't even like shampoo bars and I'm lusting to try some of those CV scents. Are the bars really that different from other shampoo bars?

Michelle

I have never used another shampoo bar, so I can't help you there, but they are very moisturizing and don't seem to strip or dry my hair at all. I typically use the Extra Honey and Beer shampoo bar. I really like it. And since you can get good sized samples of the products, it is really great to try and not too expensive.
    And honestly, they are so convenient for traveling! I bring the sample sized shampoo bars and body bars and they take up no room in my bag. So much easier than all the bottles I used to haul around!!
    Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
    CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
    Co-wash: TJ Nourish
    Protein: CJ Repair Me
    Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
    Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I am so salivating over this thread. These soaps are so appealing. Now I want to try some of the whipped butters but I am product saturated.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • rhosyn_durhosyn_du Posts: 99Registered Users
    Stop, STOP already...so, Olive Shea goes on my list, too. I have a sample of the cucumber lime, but I think I need more moisture. Have you ever used the Olive Shea on your hair?

The Olive Shea is the only bar I've tried that left my hair over-moisturized, and I've got dry hair. For context, all of the shampoo bars I've tried have been too drying, although I can use the the Olive Babassu and Marshmallow Babassu if I alternate with a moisturizing soap (Honey Butter and Marshmallow Lemongrass are my favorites), but they still leave my hair feeling brittle toward the ends. It's possible that someone with very dry hair might be able to use the Olive Shea as a shampoo, but I'd recommend experimenting with it on a day where it won't be a big deal if your hair comes out looking very greasy.
    2c, fine/medium with a few coarse grays, medium porosity, normal elasticity, protein-sensitive

Modified CG
    Low-Poo: L'Oreal EverCurl Shampoo
    RO: L'Oreal EverCurl Conditioner
    LOC: KCKT,
    Nightblooming Triple Moon Hair Anointing Oil, & Nightblooming Panacea or Freya Hair Salve
    Styling: Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel, Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Finishing Paste
  • hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    All those bars sound yummy -- I am going to place a small order today, can't wait to try the shampoo bars again!! Rymorg, let us know how they work on your hair and I will keep you all posted on what I get from Ida! :)
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
    Here is what I ordered:

Cucumber Lime Soap sample
    Carrot Milk and Honey Shampoo sample
    Chamomile Citrus Shampoo sample
    Nettle Shampoo sample

Can't wait to try them out!
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

• memesmemes Posts: 785Registered Users
    pigreyhound.....traveling, I hadn't thought of that, now I have an excuse to order those samples! I'm off to check them out...

M
    3A, fine but thick, low porosity, low to medium resilience, protein sensitive but not to silk

Favorites: Anything from Curly Kinks...their system is my new holy grail. Still liking Juice Organics Orange and TJ Refresh Conditioners as all purpose co-wash and rinse outs.
    I really like the extra honey beer and egg sample I got. My hair still feels funky when it's wet but once it dries it's fine. :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rymorg2 wrote: »
    I really like the extra honey beer and egg sample I got. My hair still feels funky when it's wet but once it dries it's fine. :D

I knew I should have gotten that one! ;)
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

rymorg2 wrote: »

I knew I should have gotten that one! ;)

LOL! It does seem a little heavy though so I may try the regular honey beer and egg one today to see how it does instead.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file