Thanks re: Tucson

ScrappyTamScrappyTam Posts: 470Registered Users
Well, I'm back in NC after my trip to Tucson. For those ladies that offered advice...thanks so much! We didn't have lots of time to do lots of stuff, but here's what we did do...

- Stayed at Loews Ventana Canyon. Very nice. We got a great deal via American Airlines vacations. I would definitely stay there again if I could get good rates on the rooms. This time around, we were able to get the flight for 3 and the room for 4 nights for LESS than airfare alone. Woo hoo! We even splurged for the slight upgrade. Gorgeous views looking out over Tucson.

- Downtown....not a great place to hang. Spent most of the time at the convention center.

- Tombstone - so not the drama. The people I was with wanted to go, so we drove down there. Beautiful scenery. Tombstone was mostly closed when we got there...it was after 5. All it seemed to be was just a bunch of shops. Saw some people dressed up like they were hanging out there for the evening. Had a margarita at Big Nose Kate's Saloon. Bought some prickly pear syrup to make margaritas and some local bbq sauce. Very disappointing.

- Stopped by the International Wildlife Museum (?)...saw it on a drive and just decided to stop in. Lots of animals from all over the world. Cheap at $7/adult. Filled with lots of stuffed animals...so, if you don't like that kind of thing...stay away. Very interesting to look at some. Good thing for the price.

- We tried to make a pact that we wouldn't eat anywhere that we could eat at home. Stuck to that pretty well. We stopped at Wendy's one time to pick up a snack before we hit the road to Tombstone. So, that really doesn't count. :wink:

- Rosa's Mexican - yum....very different mexican from what I'm used to here. Would go back again.

- Bison Witches - LOVED it. It is a scary looking hole in the wall kind of place, but it was recommended by good friends. Sandwiches were HUGE and yummy. Bought a tshirt while I was there. Would go back again!

- El Corral - YUM-O!! I was ready for some good ole steak by the time we ate here. The food is cheap and delicious. The steaks are cooked over mesquite fire. YUM. For 3 people, we got: 2 prickly pear margs, 2 bottled sasparillas, filet mignon, prime rib, and kids meal for about $50. Couldn't do that here.

- Risky Business - good food/ nice atmosphere. Would go again.

- El Minute Cafe - across the street from the convention center. Not bad not great. Served its purpose in feeding me and it was close to where we were.

Almost went to Gentle Ben's, but got back from Tombstone too late. So, we missed it this time around.
I almost threw my ovaries at him. - Trenell

Comments

• SweetPicklesSweetPickles Posts: 850Registered Users
    ScrappyTam wrote: »
    - Bison Witches - LOVED it. It is a scary looking hole in the wall kind of place, but it was recommended by good friends. Sandwiches were HUGE and yummy. Bought a tshirt while I was there. Would go back again!
    I love that place! You're making me miss Tucson (where I lived for a couple of winters) :sad5:

Glad you had a great time!
    Hair type: Completely confused: mostly 3a, some 3b parts, and even 2 in places; very fine and thin.
    Products: Elucence clarifying & MBC; CK, F/X Curl Booster Fixative Gel (when I can find it)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file