Anti-aging facial product recs please

Jess2316Jess2316 Posts: 617Registered Users
I'm looking for a decently priced yet effective night treatment kind of thing for my face. I have used some Olay stuff and I've used the Estee Lauder stuff in the brown bottle...I forget what it's called now. I have also tried Philosophy products but don't really find they do much for me.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would prefer something I can get either at Sephora or better yet Target. I don't want to spend too much...especially for something that isn't that good!

Thanks!
3a fine hair (I think)

CoN poo and Biolage Conditioning Balm
I love CK and B&A gel...I like HETT Mousse

Comments

• LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    I recommend either an alpha-hydroxy acid or retinoid. You should have lots of options available at Target, but I can't think of any brand name products right now. Or, if you have a dermatologist, ask for Retin-A which will also help with blemishes.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • Jess2316Jess2316 Posts: 617Registered Users
    No blemishes at all...but I do have very dry sensitive skin. I have also tried some of the Paula's Choice stuff (I forgot about that in my initial post) and it was pretty harsh on my skin.
    3a fine hair (I think)

CoN poo and Biolage Conditioning Balm
    I love CK and B&A gel...I like HETT Mousse
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    Eek! Forget Retin-A then. Renova might be better if you want to go the prescription route.

I'm sure RCW will jump in and have some great recommendations for you.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Olay Regenerist Perfecting Cream was the only drugstore/department store product that was shown to work in a double-blind study conducted by Consumer Reports magazine about 2 years ago.

even then, it only reduced wrinkles by about 10% - which is barely visible to the naked eye.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/makeup/rouquinnes-makeup-missive-ironing-out-the-wrinkles-part-ii
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Disregard. :dontknow:

Over the years I've bounced from ?... ?... to ?... (all forgotten) to St Ives to Garnier to Oil of Olay & now I'm trying PSF. Some were too drying, some too oily, etc. :lol:

I just like to try new things because of the way they feel or smell. The way I am with conditioners, you'd think I'd have a whole stockpile of different facial items too! I may try something else next, you never know! LOL
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    There's a link (or two) in the Over 40 thread re PSF products. There are a few of us that swear by them.

www.psfskincare.com
    2b/3a.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file