Tanning woes

goodchar1991goodchar1991 Posts: 21Registered Users
I have a tanning problem. I am fair-skinned, and I can't seem to tan easily.

Since I've been wearing mostly t-shirts for a few months now, my upper arms are white and my lower arms are darker. It looks really bad.

I'd like to think there is some sort of product I can put on my upper arms, and that it would magically be the same shade of tan that's on my lower arms.

I'm planning on going to a Maroon 5 concert that's outside on September 6, and I don't want to wear a short-sleeve shirt; i want to wear a tank top of some sort.

Does anyone else have this problem?
"It's not always rainbows and butterflies, it's compromise it moves us along."

~~Sarah- Official Maroon 5-obsessed fan~~

Comments

• MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    Yo!! Right here. I have perzaktly the same problem.

Self tanner is the way to go, but it sometimes takes some experimenting to find a brand and type that works perfectly for you. Use something with a bronzer so you can be sure to only put it where you're still white. I prefer lotions or gels to sprays.

Good luck!!
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm a strawberry blonde, and have tried lots of self tanners. I'm also bad at applying them evenly, so I basically need something foolproof. The best product I've used is Bare Escentuals Faux Tan. It's easy to use, it smells good, and even an inept applier like me can use it.

HTH
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    self-tanners are hit and miss. i love this site for the info they gave me before i wrote my column about sunless tanning last year:

http://www.sunless.com/index.php
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file