What was the verdict on KCCC/KCKT

MaybeWavyMaybeWavy Posts: 374Registered Users
is it compatible w/ TE?
2cFii-ish with 3a moments. Always subject to change.
(\_/) This is Bunny.
(O.0) Copy Bunny into your signature to help
(> <) him on his way to world Domination.

I'm voting for Bunny.

Comments

• pigreyhoundpigreyhound Posts: 764Registered Users
    I think as we talked about it, we thought the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]/KT would be fine after the initial detox week? But let's see what the others think.

I tried to only use the clay wash and cocoa butter oil for the first week, with a bit of FSG on top. Once I got down to a once a day wash, I used the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink].
    Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
    CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
    Co-wash: TJ Nourish
    Protein: CJ Repair Me
    Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
    Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    That would be my assumption too. :D
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • memesmemes Posts: 785Registered Users
    I have lots of KKCC so I intend to go ahead and alternate using it now that my detox is done. It's not perfectly natural but darn close and I really like it. I just bought a bag of flax seed and a fine strainer today so I'm going to try and make some gel tonight!

M
    3A, fine but thick, low porosity, low to medium resilience, protein sensitive but not to silk

Favorites: Anything from Curly Kinks...their system is my new holy grail. Still liking Juice Organics Orange and TJ Refresh Conditioners as all purpose co-wash and rinse outs.
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    memes wrote: »
    I have lots of KKCC so I intend to go ahead and alternate using it now that my detox is done. It's not perfectly natural but darn close and I really like it. I just bought a bag of flax seed and a fine strainer today so I'm going to try and make some gel tonight!

M

OMG My first try was last week....it was quite the experience, and I laughed my butt off at me trying to strain those seeds......
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I made the FSG last night but haven't tried it yet....I just poured the very hot gel through a strainer into a measuring cup and then pressed the seed mess and left them to drain on their own so it didn't seem bad....not sure how it turned out yet though :) I was surprised at how much it made.

ETA...I used my KKCC this morning after my lemon clay wash and my hair feels so good...

Michelle
    3A, fine but thick, low porosity, low to medium resilience, protein sensitive but not to silk

Favorites: Anything from Curly Kinks...their system is my new holy grail. Still liking Juice Organics Orange and TJ Refresh Conditioners as all purpose co-wash and rinse outs.
  • swirlygirlswirlygirl Posts: 606Registered Users
    memes wrote: »
    I made the FSG last night but haven't tried it yet....I just poured the very hot gel through a strainer into a measuring cup and then pressed the seed mess and left them to drain on their own so it didn't seem bad....not sure how it turned out yet though :) I was surprised at how much it made.

ETA...I used my KKCC this morning after my lemon clay wash and my hair feels so good...

Michelle

That is exactly how I strain my FSG works great!

I finally decided to sell my tub of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]. I tried it twice this week and did not like it with the TE. It felt a little more producty than the FSG and my hair the next day was not so nice. :thumbdown:

memes, is it still working for you?
    2B ~ Lovin' it short again!
    Aloe 80 Shampoo & Conditioner, Shea Butter & Aveda Control Paste
    Fotki PW: swirlygirl
    Updated 7/13/08

swirlygirl,

I've been using the flax seed gel and have been very happy with it. Today I used my [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] and my hair is good but not great....I'm going to hang on to the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] a little while longer but I'm thinking I may end up just using the TE wash, flaxseed gel and a little aloe. I am fooling around with the castor oil though....has anybody else used this with good results?

This new routine could really cure my PJ and save me a ton of money but what am I going to do with all those bottles and tubs in my closet? I already gave away a bunch but I'm hanging on to the more natural ones for now in case I need more moisture when the weather changes. In the meantime, I'm shaving my legs with my collection of conditioners.

memes

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file