I Paid Off Every Credit Card Today!!!

KeeweeKeewee Posts: 1,376Registered Users Curl Neophyte
So I got some of me Divorce Settlement money and this morning I paid off all my Debt. I had quite a bit you don't even want to know.. But Now I have no more credit cards bills I am so relieved.......
3A some 3b Total Product Junkie
P/Wmarissa
http://public.fotki.com/Keewee

Comments

• sonnysonny Posts: 467Registered Users
    That is a great feeling! Congrats on being able to do that!
    We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the vitriolic words and actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people. ~.Martin Luther King Jr
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    Awesome!! Congratulations!
  • KeeweeKeewee Posts: 1,376Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    :pukeright: I could have bought a car with what I owed.....
    P/Wmarissa
  • rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users
    Keewee wrote: »
    :pukeright: I could have bought a car with what I owed.....

you are freeeee from the credit trap. congrats!

now, take steps to ensure that you don't fall in that trap again:

1. keep one major credit card with a limit that is high enough to bail you out of emergency situations (having to stay in a hotel for a few days) or unforseen expenses (like a car repair), yet low enough that if you came close to maxing it out, you could pay it down to zero in less than a year.

2. get rid of department store credit cards and get rid of impulsive habits. if you have to charge it, you can't afford it.

3. this is the fun part. determine the total monthly payments that you have been making on your credit cards. let's say you were paying out $250 a month toward all your card debt. because you have paid off your debts, you are now saving $250 a month. put $250 a month in your savings account. you won't miss it because you were already used to paying out that much each month anyway. just continue to put it away and in a year's time, you'll have $3K in savings, plus whatever you had been putting in savings (if anything) before you paid off your cards.

:cya:
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    That is a really smart use for your settlement! Good feeling, isn't it?
  • OnyxCabeloOnyxCabelo Posts: 1,767Registered Users
    Oh!! I'm sooo jealous;-)!! I can't wait until I can pay off all my debt. I imagine it must feel wonderfull!!!
    Currently:Alaffia Shea & Coconut Enriching Shampoo, Alaffia Virgin Coconut & Shea Enriching Hair Lotion, Qhemet Amla Olive Heavy Cream, Qhemet Honeybush Tea Gel.

Last Texturizer: March 12, 2008
    BC: July 21, 2008
    Hair: Coarse, low porosity, iii.

Certified Denirophile:love5:

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different outcome". ~ Albert Einstein
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Hooray! Don't feel :pukeright: with regret, just think of how great and relieved you feel to be out of debt.
    ehLB.jpg
  • KeeweeKeewee Posts: 1,376Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    yes I feel really good that i did it its like a huge weight lifted off of me.....
    P/Wmarissa
  • MeganMegan Posts: 335Registered Users
    doesn't it feel great?! congrats! i just paid mine off too.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Awesome! :)
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Good for you. Doesn't it feel good??

Debt? :cya:
  • KrazyblondegurlKrazyblondegurl Posts: 1,008Registered Users
    Congrats! That's awesome. I just paid off one of my cc and working on the last (from college days). It's a great feeling to be out of debt!! :)
  • twirlacurltwirlacurl Posts: 100Registered Users
    You're FREE! Congrats:flower:

DH and I are down to $800 debt. It is such a relief. We could have bought 2 cars with our debt :sad1:!

Definitely put money in savings. DH gets discouraged because stuff breaks down and eats into our ability to save. I keep reminding him that we are in the same boat as before, but this time we have paddles. No debt! (almost)

I'm very happy for you.

twirlacurl
  • g-stringrannyg-stringranny Posts: 2,701Registered Users
    Smart move. Not many people can say they have done this. Just don't close them. Having them open will help your credit score.
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    Smart move. Not many people can say they have done this. Just don't close them. Having them open will help your credit score.

Very much agreed!! Protect your "depth of credit" for when you might need it for major purchases. And CONGRATULATIONS for being debt free!!
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Congratulations! I'm paying off one, and working on another.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Congratulations! There's a reason they call it "financial freedom" :wink: cause I'm sure it feels like a weight has been lifted.
    DH and I are paying off our debt (from college days) while trying to save for a house so it's tough but we're getting there. :toothy7:
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • va_candiva_candi Posts: 849Registered Users
    Congrats! That's a major accomplishment. I aspire to pay off mine one day soon.
  • violaviola Posts: 224Registered Users
    Excellent. Congratulations. I was just listening to yet another report about how credit card cos will raise your interest rate for any reason they can think of, even things that have nothing to do with the credit card. It's as if you're their hostage. I'm always happy to see someone come off them. I say this as a former cc debt holder who is now completely cc debt free, too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file