I get my braces off today!

fpmonkee11fpmonkee11 Posts: 190Registered Users
After more than THREE dreadful, painful years with these things, I finally get to go to the orthodontist today and have them ripped out! I'm so excited!:toothy7:

The only thing I'm worried about is the 5 days between today and when I get my retainer. I'm a severe "tongue-thruster, " especially when I sleep, so I hope I don't change my teeth so soon!

Has anyone else had braces? What was your experience like?
6203750_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Comments

• SpiderSpider Curl Neophyte Posts: 3,381Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I didn't need them but I think my daughter will (she's 13 today!). She's okay with getting them (now) but we still need to get more teeth pulled out and come up with the $$ before it happens.

Congratulations! now go eat some corn on the cob!:laughing7:
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • fpmonkee11fpmonkee11 Posts: 190Registered Users
    LOL spider! And popcorn, and gummi bears! all my favorites. :laughing7:
  • sonnysonny Posts: 467Registered Users
    Congrats! It will be the strangest sensation, your teeth will fell huge and slimy!:wink:
    We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the vitriolic words and actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people. ~.Martin Luther King Jr
  • realisticrealistic Curl Novice Posts: 2,222Registered Users Curl Novice
    You are going to feel like you have so much room in your mouth. Congratulations!!
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • BohemianRenegadeBohemianRenegade Posts: 1,078Registered Users
    Your teeth will look huge to you for a few days! At least that's what I thought when I got mine off. They will also be sore, so don't rush to go eat ribs, which is what I did. I didn't wear my retainer for long though and my teeth have shifted again some. So wear your retainer when you get it! You can also train yourself to keep your tongue back in your mouth, I had to learn that years ago and now its habit and I no longer push it into the back of my front teeth.
    Trying to find some sanity as I work on my master's in nursing...
  • fpmonkee11fpmonkee11 Posts: 190Registered Users
    YAY! I just returned from the ortho.

My teeth look so cute! I haven't seen them in 3 years...I missed them.:laughing7:
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    fpmonkee11 wrote: »
    YAY! I just returned from the ortho.

My teeth look so cute! I haven't seen them in 3 years...I missed them.:laughing7:
    Hee! Congratulatoins!
  • melloweermelloweer Posts: 2,308Registered Users
    Congrats to you!

I'me leaving in 10 mins to take my son (12) to the ortho to get braces put on!

The fun is only beginning for him!

Spider, btw, apparently around here it's extreamly cool to get braces lol. My son gets to pick 2 colors for his rubber bands, and go figure he's picking blue and white. GO COLTS!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file