How to lose weight in a week without excersizing?

Stranger_xStranger_x Posts: 125Registered Users
Hi guys. So lately I've been really down about my weight :( My BMI is 27 and I am 14 years old. I ask my mom when we go out if I can buy excersizing things that you use with the tv but she doesn't let me. =/

and she wont even let me go for a half hour walk around my neighborhood by myself because i'm "too young" and nobody would go with me.

so can you help give me tips on how to lose weight without excersizing? i'd like to lose 1 pound a day and lose weight in a week.. thanks in advance.
3b Shoulder-length dark brown curls.
Using
: Suave Naturals conditioners, LA Looks Curl/Sport Gel, still looking for a good deep conditioner that i can buy locally (CVS/Walmart/Target,etc). Suggestions? =)

I like to mix Suave coconut cond. with my gel and scrunch them both in, after using Suave Aloe and Waterlily to co-wash and condition. I detangle it in the shower with a wide-toothed comb. & when hair is dry, if crunchy, scrunch once again. :D

CG since Aug. 2, 2008!

Comments

• midgimidgi Posts: 2,409Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think that's very unfortunate that your mother is discouraging you from leading a healthy lifestyle.

Beyond that though, the reality is, if you want to lose weight you've got to exercise. And there are several exercises you can do indoors.

When I was your age, I danced alone in my room a lot and cleaned up around the house to burn calories because I wasn't in to doing push ups. I did use soup cans as free weights and did a lot of leg lifts and crunches.

My mom also had a lot of workout videos like Buns of Steel and Walk Away the Pounds tapes and I'd do those in the living room after school before she came home from work.

Also what types of foods do you eat now? You can safely lose 1 lb a week by just eating right and eating under 2000 calories, but no less than 1300.
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
  • Stranger_xStranger_x Posts: 125Registered Users
    midgi wrote: »
    I think that's very unfortunate that your mother is discouraging you from leading a healthy lifestyle.

Beyond that though, the reality is, if you want to lose weight you've got to exercise. And there are several exercises you can do indoors.

When I was your age, I danced alone in my room a lot and cleaned up around the house to burn calories because I wasn't in to doing push ups. I did use soup cans as free weights and did a lot of leg lifts and crunches.

My mom also had a lot of workout videos like Buns of Steel and Walk Away the Pounds tapes and I'd do those in the living room after school before she came home from work.

Also what types of foods do you eat now? You can safely lose 1 lb a week by just eating right and eating under 2000 calories, but no less than 1300.

I just eat whatever is in the house. and my mom cooks pasta, hot dogs... stuff like that.. fattening things. there's too much fatty foods in my house =/
    Using
    : Suave Naturals conditioners, LA Looks Curl/Sport Gel, still looking for a good deep conditioner that i can buy locally (CVS/Walmart/Target,etc). Suggestions? =)

I like to mix Suave coconut cond. with my gel and scrunch them both in, after using Suave Aloe and Waterlily to co-wash and condition. I detangle it in the shower with a wide-toothed comb. & when hair is dry, if crunchy, scrunch once again. :D

CG since Aug. 2, 2008!

• midgimidgi Posts: 2,409Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You can eat pasta and hot dogs and still lose weight! The thing is just to eat smaller portions. Like only eat one hotdog instead of two and maybe you don't need to eat it on a bun like you did last time.

I personally eat pasta all the time but instead of eating a big old bowl full like I used to, I eat a little less than a cup of pasta with a little sauce and cheese.
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
    midgi wrote: »
    You can eat pasta and hot dogs and still lose weight! The thing is just to eat smaller portions. Like only eat one hotdog instead of two and maybe you don't need to eat it on a bun like you did last time.

I personally eat pasta all the time but instead of eating a big old bowl full like I used to, I eat a little less than a cup of pasta with a little sauce and cheese.

ok i shall try that :D although i love hot dogs i shall eat only one next time. i'll cut it up and dip it in ketchup instead and eat less snacks too. =] thanks
    Using

CG since Aug. 2, 2008!

oh and i forgot to add i've been drinking more water lately and 2% milk instead of regular milk
    Using

CG since Aug. 2, 2008!

• hopetocurlhopetocurl Posts: 1,280Registered Users
    Stranger_x you can track what you eat at thedailyplate.com it'll help you to stay within your *ahem* budget. The good thing about tracking what you eat is that you can still have what you want, but it'll force you to think about moderation.

I just started my own tracking this week... I'm getting WAY to much fat.
    Currently, using JC HCC, Too Shea, CK and CCSS, RR or LOOB or MOP-C.
    CK is the one!!

as of 6/17/10 - I have to add Joico!

Pics at: http://public.fotki.com/hopetocurl/
    pw:wheredacurls

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

Life is full of oxymorons....and morons too. ~hopetocurl
    hopetocurl wrote: »
    Stranger_x you can track what you eat at thedailyplate.com it'll help you to stay within your *ahem* budget. The good thing about tracking what you eat is that you can still have what you want, but it'll force you to think about moderation.

I just started my own tracking this week... I'm getting WAY to much fat.

thanks! i'll try that now =]
    Using

CG since Aug. 2, 2008!

wow that site really helped me. now i know how many calories i am aloud to eat for the day. thanks :D
    Using

CG since Aug. 2, 2008!

• BohemianRenegadeBohemianRenegade Posts: 1,078Registered Users
    You mentioned in your original post you want to lose one pound a day. This is really not possible or safe. A healthy rate of weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week.
    Trying to find some sanity as I work on my master's in nursing...
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You mentioned in your original post you want to lose one pound a day. This is really not possible or safe. A healthy rate of weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week.

I'm just quoting this to make sure that the OP remembers it!

OP, I wouldn't try to lose more than 1.5 pounds a week. However, that doesn't mean that you need to lose weight that fast! Also, the less you weigh, the fewer calories you use up. If you do start at 1.5 pounds per week, you'll probably want to slow down to 1 pound a week after you lose some weight. However, even if you lose half a pound each week, that's still really good!

Don't forget that your weight can change from day to day for all different reasons, like hormones or how much salt you ate. Don't worry if your scale says 160 on Sunday and 161 on Monday. That's not enough time to gain a pound of body fat! It just means that your body is storing a little extra water. Because of these little changes, you may want to check your weight once a week, instead of every day.

Make sure that you don't eat less than your BMR, or base metabolic rate. This is the minimum number of calories that you need every day to power your heart, lungs, and brain. Eating less than your BMR is really dangerous! You can calculate your BMR here.

This is a site from the Canadian government that tells you common foods that you can add to your menu to make it healthier. Since you're a teenager, it's really important that you get good nutrition! Plus, getting the right nutrients in your diet can make your body feel a little less hungry, which can help you to lose weight. Just remember that the suggestions on that site are minimums, and may not add up to enough calories.

There are small changes you can make to your menu. Maybe your mom can buy frozen veggies, whole wheat bread, and whole wheat pasta. But don't worry if she can't do those things--they're just suggestions. You can make small changes to your activities, too. Even something like taking the stairs instead of taking the elevator can make a difference. Any time you do some extra moving around, it adds up.

You wrote that your mom cooks a lot of "fattening" things, but that's not the best way to look at it. There are foods that you can eat every day, like chicken and carrots. And there are foods that you can eat once in a while or in small portions, like cookies and french fries. Non-diet soda and fruit juice are two things that should probably be once-in-a-while foods, because they have a lot of calories but don't make you feel full. If you tend to drink a lot of that, try switching to diet soda or unsweetened tea. Jasmine tea is really sweet and delicious without sugar!

Above all, try talking to your doctor about your concerns, the next time you have a check-up. He or she will be able to give you really good advice.
    thanks midgi, hopetocurl, bethanyrenee and eilonwy! your tips are all good so i shall follow them, and yes i am going to start at 1.5 a week.
    Using

CG since Aug. 2, 2008!

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    1 lb per day is too aggressive
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • fskatergirlfskatergirl Posts: 244Registered Users Curl Novice
    Agreed, I learned in class that a healthy goal is a pound a week. By cutting caloric intake you can lose weight, however, you will not be losing just body fat, you will also be losing lean body mass (muscle). The best way to increase muscle mass and decrease body fat is through increasing energy expenditure by becoming more active. Now, I do agree that it is unfortunate that your mother is presenting obstacles on your path to a more healthy lifestyle (exercising is not just about reducing weight/BMI/ect, it is about getting your body to become more efficient (heart/lungs/muscles), however, there are still ways that you can exercise without having to buy fancy equipment or having to leave your house. For example, lifting heavy textbooks or objects can be used in place of weights to do lateral arm raises, bicep/tricep curls. You can also use your own body weight to do some exercises (wall sit, push ups, tricep push ups, lunges, power squats, holding a plank position, etc). Although these may not typically be seen as "cardio" if done in succession with little/no breaks you can really get your heart rate up. Don't forget that skipping, jumping jacks, frog jumps, and burpees, and sit-ups/crunches can all be done is a small space as well. In addition, eating smaller portions more frequently (five small meals a day as opposed to three large ones) can help to speed your metabolism up.

At fourteen you are probably still growing and BMI's can be an inaccurate indicator of what is healthy or unhealthy. For instance, I have a lot of people in my program at school who are varsity athletes with a BMI of 30 because they are extremely muscular. Try not to worry too much about weight, it is just a number. Focus on living a healthy lifestyle and things will all work out.
  • a curly qa curly q Posts: 248Registered Users
    I second what fsg said, focus more on feeling (and looking if that's what's motivating you) healthy and active rather than numbers.
    2b, medium, lots of them
    CG: 21 Apr 08, Mod CG: 24 Aug 08
    My blog: Can't Stop Thinking About Hair
    Thanks! But I know my BMI at 27 does mean I'm overweight, I don't have much muscle.... so lately I've been doing push ups in my bathroom. It's been seeming to help me and I have been cutting calories. Also when I start gym, they have some pretty intense excersizes at my school so that should help a lot. My sister got very muscular legs from the gym at our school
    Using

CG since Aug. 2, 2008!

• SleighSleigh Posts: 1,226Registered Users
    exercise suggestions:

if you download itunes you can get free exercise podcasts - there are a ton for yoga out there...

cable channels have exercise shows - like fittv and oxygen

the library has exercise dvds. if you don't see them on the shelf - they can order them for you. ive see really awesome yoga and belly dance ones.

if you're really interested in the fitness programs on tv - they often sell them at walmart. they sell exercise dvds at walmart too.

you can get exercise bikes cheap on craigslist.

let me know if you need more ideas :)
    2c hair. maybe a little porous? my hair likes suave, vo5 and the big tease. going to be trying more lush soon. not sure how i feel about dr bronners.

letting my hair be natural again after getting it straightened. yeah yeah, im a traitor :pirate:
  • fishytangofishytango Posts: 110Registered Users
    your too young for dieting. No way to lose a pound a day not excercising, and even if you did, that is not healthy at all
    Should get you to my fotki, if not tell me:
    http://public.fotki.com/fishytango/

HOORAY FOR THE RETURN OF MY PIPE-CURLS! :blob7:

Modified CG 8-8-08

I clean with: burt's bees pomegranate or giovanni tea trea, or baking soda rinse
    co-wash:Suave naturals aloe
    conditioner:same or suave naturals coconut or burts bees pomegranate conditioner
    styler:Herbal essences body envy gel or garnier fructise spray curl gel. Plus soft and sheen(think it's called) oil treatment
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    How about focusing on eating HEALTHILY and doing a bit of physical activity instead of losing weight? You will tone up your body instead of starve it.

Eat fruits and veggies & healthy snacks instead of chips & cookies as snacks. (Baby carrots, apples, bananas, yogurt, nuts,etc)

Get a jump rope or hoola hoop and use those in your room once a day (alternating each day)
    Jumping jacks, crunches, etc too. Anything that gets your heartrate up is great for you.

Water instead of cokes.
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • kaymoorekaymoore Posts: 298Registered Users
    I would recommend joining the 50 Million Pound Challenge. You will be able to get a free kit from any State Farm Insurance Office. Also, the website offers free tips, groups to join and methods to measure your caloric intake and your expenditure via exercise. Also, would you be interested in a couple of DVD's and I also have an extra Bender Ball. Just PM me and I will send them out to you. I just need to get them out of my house. I have so much crap from trying every new exercise fad.
    http://public.fotki.com/kaymoore/

4a/3c combo with 4b in the front

Hair Goal: Shoulder Length and Curly before April 2010!

"Call me Kinky, Call me Nappy...
    It's just Semantics!
    "

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Products I am currently loving:
    Trader Joe's Nourish Conditioner
    Anita Grant Rhassoul Deep Conditioner
    Anita Grant Cafe Latte
    Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner
    event.png

• BohemianRenegadeBohemianRenegade Posts: 1,078Registered Users
    The OP was in July. I'm sure she did or didn't do whatever she needed to since she only had a week to lose the weight.
    Trying to find some sanity as I work on my master's in nursing...
  • violetcurlsvioletcurls Posts: 434Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    To the original poster: Like others have said, one pound per day is unrealistic and unhealthy. It's dangerous to lose weight that fast. Also, make sure that you're exercising and whatnot for the right reasons. I caution you to be careful. I'm all for living a healthy lifestyle, but I don't want you to become anorexic or bulimic. Don't become obsessed with it. Sorry if this seems out of the blue, but anorexia is frightening. Though I haven't dealt with it firsthand, I have heard some frightening stories. Be careful and good luck.

On a happier note, here are some links to some easy to do exercises inside.

http://www.briomag.com/briomagazine/healthandbeauty/a0006938.html
    http://www.briomag.com/briomagazine/healthandbeauty/a0007714.html
    http://www.briomag.com/briomagazine/healthandbeauty/a0007668.html
    http://www.briomag.com/briomagazine/healthandbeauty/a0007664.html
    3a/b ?

Unleash the curls!

Nobody move! I dropped me brain. ~Jack Sparrow

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file