Terresentials....I bit the bullet. :D

rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
I bit the bullet and placed an order. :D So here's what I got....

FF hair wash trial bottle
Cocoa butter rich body oil trial bottle
FFMC 2 oz (med. size)
FF Bath gel trial
LCL Bath gel trial
2 8 oz bottles of LCL hair wash

I got the left coast lemon wash because it's the most moisturizing without lavendar, though I've made a discovery there that I'll do another post on. I got a trial size of the FF wash because I'm not sure it'll be moisturizing enough for me but I wanted to try it. I got the 2 oz FFMC because I wanted more than the trial size but I have other shea butters too. I'm sure the 2 oz trial of the oil will last me a little while, and the trial sizes of the body washes will be enough to get me through the first few washes in the beginning of the detox at least, until I can place another order.

Sound good??????:blob7::blob7::blob7::blob7::blob7::blob7::blob7:
Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Low poo: looking
COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
RO: varies
Protein: CJCF or CJRM
DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
LI: varies, usually KCKT
Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• memesmemes Posts: 785Registered Users
    Sounds great...I got the Lemon also and really like it. I'm waiting for my ffmc to get here along with another bottle of the Lemon and the Mint to try out.

I hope you like it....I think anyone could use it. At the very least you could alternate it with whatever you normally cowash with.

Michelle
    3A, fine but thick, low porosity, low to medium resilience, protein sensitive but not to silk

Favorites: Anything from Curly Kinks...their system is my new holy grail. Still liking Juice Organics Orange and TJ Refresh Conditioners as all purpose co-wash and rinse outs.
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    I'm not much of a CO washer. I tend to CWC with natural soap based liquid shampoos or shampoo bars. I'm planning on getting to the point where I alternate with the shampoo bars eventually. Thanks again!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • memesmemes Posts: 785Registered Users
    I would think that would work fine....I've always hated the natural shampoo bars and soap based cleansers. They left my hair feeling weird and almost coated. This odd clay cleanser feels weird but it leaves my hair feeling much better...hopefully it will work for you too :)

M
    3A, fine but thick, low porosity, low to medium resilience, protein sensitive but not to silk

Favorites: Anything from Curly Kinks...their system is my new holy grail. Still liking Juice Organics Orange and TJ Refresh Conditioners as all purpose co-wash and rinse outs.
  • pigreyhoundpigreyhound Posts: 764Registered Users
    Sounds great! I still have at least half of a bottle of my sample size cocoa butter oil, so it lasts quite awhile.

I hope you like the products. I am always worried when I feel that I am being a product pusher!!
    Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
    CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
    Co-wash: TJ Nourish
    Protein: CJ Repair Me
    Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
    Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.
    Oh no. You're not a product pusher, I do that myself LOL!!!!!!! :laughing5: But seriously.....I'd found the website on my own and had considered it before. So it's not just you guys talking about it. :D Hearing your good experiences have made me take the plunge finally. If I hadn't had you guys to get info from I probably would've said "Forget it" and gone on. Maybe. I don't know, anyway. :laughing7:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • swirlygirlswirlygirl Posts: 606Registered Users
    rymorg2 - sounds like a great order! :blob7:
    memes wrote: »
    I'm waiting for my ffmc to get here along with another bottle of the Lemon and the Mint to try out.

memes - Cool! No one else has posted about the mint yet. Let us know what you think!
    2B ~ Lovin' it short again!
    Aloe 80 Shampoo & Conditioner, Shea Butter & Aveda Control Paste
    Fotki PW: swirlygirl
    Updated 7/13/08

swirlygirl wrote: »
    rymorg2 - sounds like a great order! :blob7:

Thanks SG.......Can't wait to get it! :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    rymorg2 - Sounds like a perfect first Terressentials order. I can't wait to hear about your experiences with all the products!

Even though we all had slightly different experiences with the detox phase, I would highly recommend the process to anyone willing to give it a go. My only rough spot was when I tried a hot-oil treatment, not realizing that the hair wash does not do a very good job of removing the oil. :shock: It took a couple of days for my hair to bounce back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    misspam wrote: »
    rymorg2 - Sounds like a perfect first Terressentials order. I can't wait to hear about your experiences with all the products!

Even though we all had slightly different experiences with the detox phase, I would highly recommend the process to anyone willing to give it a go. My only rough spot was when I tried a hot-oil treatment, not realizing that the hair wash does not do a very good job of removing the oil. :shock: It took a couple of days for my hair to bounce back.

Thanks Misspam.....If I do a hot oil treatment it will definately be on a day I plan on using the body wash. :D That way it'll come out LOL. Or a day I use a shampoo bar.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    rymorg2 wrote: »

Thanks Misspam.....If I do a hot oil treatment it will definately be on a day I plan on using the body wash. :D That way it'll come out LOL. Or a day I use a shampoo bar.

Sounds like a great idea. When I get brave enough to try another hot-oil treatment, I think the CV bars would be perfect to use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds like a great idea. When I get brave enough to try another hot-oil treatment, I think the CV bars would be perfect to use.

The more I think about it the more I think that the CV bars will complement the TE well. Between them and my love of all things butters for my hair, maybe I'll finally find something that will work! Fingers crossed!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's on it's way!!!!!! I got an email today! I should get it on the 5th which is Tuesday. :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • swirlygirlswirlygirl Posts: 606Registered Users
    It's on it's way!!!!!! I got an email today! I should get it on the 5th which is Tuesday. :D

same day as opera_curls. Yay!!
    2B ~ Lovin' it short again!
    Aloe 80 Shampoo & Conditioner, Shea Butter & Aveda Control Paste
    Fotki PW: swirlygirl
    Updated 7/13/08

• OperaCurlsOperaCurls Posts: 1,101Registered Users
    swirlygirl wrote: »

same day as opera_curls. Yay!!

Huzzah, a detox buddy! Let's compare notes.
    Tuesday is just going to be a good day for me; I get my copy of Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyers too! :blob7:
    http://public.fotki.com/opera-curls/ (I cut my own hair)
    Pacific Northwest girl, color-treated fine 3B, med-low porosity

Products: Suave Coconut condish, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, FSG or KCCC, AfroVeda Shea-Amla Cream
    I LOVE HENNA!
  • hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    I am so intrigued by terressentials....I may have to order some!
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
    Tuesday is just going to be a good day for me; I get my copy of Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyers too! :blob7:

OOH Definately! Though I won't be starting my detox until Weds. night probably. :D Oh, and Tues/Weds is also when a fave author of mine's new book comes out too! It's called Acheron. :blob7:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orangeorange Posts: 176Registered Users
    just have to post some more support for left coast lemon shampoo -

i accidentally put in a little too much MHC type 3 hair cream (which works great on the ends, but i found a little goes a long way) - LCL took it right out without drying my hair. it's the best shampoo i've used - thanks to those who suggested it.

OOH Definately! Though I won't be starting my detox until Weds. night probably. :D Oh, and Tues/Weds is also when a fave author of mine's new book comes out too! It's called Acheron. :blob7:

I'll also be starting my detox on Wednesday, and will be posting day-to-day progress/results over at the "Terressentials Routine - The Detox" thread that meme started. (I think it was her) I'm a nanny, so I don't give a rip what the four-year-olds think of my hair while it's detoxing. :p

Products: Suave Coconut condish, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, FSG or KCCC, AfroVeda Shea-Amla Cream
    I LOVE HENNA!
    I'll also be starting my detox on Wednesday, and will be posting day-to-day progress/results over at the "Terressentials Routine - The Detox" thread that meme started. (I think it was her) I'm a nanny, so I don't give a rip what the four-year-olds think of my hair while it's detoxing. :p

I wish I was still staying at home but I'm not, so I'll be wearing lots of updos at work (I'm a hairstylist) in the meantime. I'll be posting in that thread too probably. :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    woohoo! It turns out I'm not doing anything this evening, so I'm gonna go hop in a shower and put mud on my head! (my sisters don't even blink when I tell them about my hair experiments anymore)

I LOVE HENNA!
    Mine didn't come yesterday....they had the wrong address! So I corrected it and it should arrive today in time for me to mudify my hair tonight. :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EponaBlackhorseEponaBlackhorse Posts: 304Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Alrighty, just placed my terressential's order and an order for some henna. My plan of action is get a haircut in a couple weeks, then henna, and then start detox shortly after. Very exciting!
    3a, medium texture, low porosity(?)
    Poo: KC Come Clean
    Rinse-out Condish: Jessicurl Too Shea
    Leave-in: KCKT
    Styling Products: KCCC, HETT/HESMU, Joiwhip
    Weekly Treatment: Jessicurl Weekly Deep Conditioner
    Monthly Treatment: Henna

Hair Pics (most I've hidden from public view but if you want to see more, PM me and I'll open up the security on them): http://flickr.com/photos/eponaaran/sets/72157610671796089/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file