Itchy scalp!

TrixieTrixie Posts: 260Registered Users
My scalp has been itching like crazy since I stopped using a sulfate shampoo!! I don't know what to do about it and it's really starting to bug me. I alternate between cowashing with Suave Coconut every other day and then conditioning with it as well, and then using Aubrey Organics rosa mosqueta shampoo a couple of times a week and then AOHR to condition. My hair is very fine and starts to get limp if I go too many days without shampooing. I would say my head itches less on the days that I use the Aubrey Organics stuff, but definitely it still itches. This morning I did an ACV rinse because my scalp felt greasy, and it helped my hair to feel better but my scalp now just feels dry and itchy as opposed to moisturized and itchy....lol.

Anyways, what should I do? Should I use a sulfate shampoo to clarify and then start over? I'm just getting tired of itching my scalp all day haha.
Somewhere between a 2b/c and a 3a

Current product favorites
Cleansers: Giovanni TTTT shampoo, Deva No-Poo, Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner
Conditioners: Tigi Moisture Maniac, Yes to Cucumbers, GVP Conditioning Balm, AOHR
Stylers/Gels: KCCC, SS CEJ and FHG, AOMM, BRHG, LA Looks Sport Gel, Lustrasilk (winter), Pink Boots (winter)
Henna glosses!

Comments

• maisiemugwumpmaisiemugwump Posts: 89Registered Users
    Hi I am new to the site and new to the CG routine but I read on this site about a sugar scrub, so today I tried it then I did ACV rinse and my scalp feels so much better. I hope this helps you. I mixed brown sugar with some of my co conditioner and scrubbed my scalp worth giving it a try
    Maisiemugwump 3A

Mod CG

Low Poo Skin shop Dry Scalp shampoo and conditioner ..

Leave in Anita Grant Whipped Butter
    Styling Boots Curl Creme, AVG ,CK Anita Grant Cafe Latte .

Wanting to try EVERYTHING lol ok Donna Marie Honey and Aloe Gel, KCCC, KCKT KBB leave in conditioner

Occasionally using Rhassoul Clay :angel5:
  • eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It could be the shampoo. Try using it only once a week. Don't use the conditioner on your scalp either, just wet your head and hair, massage your scalp, then use conditioner on the length to moisturize and detangle. A brown sugar scrub and an ACV rinse usually help, if you don't use shampoo, but don't do it more than once a week. The AOHR is pretty rich, depending on how dry your hair is, you may not need to use much.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • TrixieTrixie Posts: 260Registered Users
    Thanks guys, I'll try the sugar scrub. I'll also try cutting back on the shampoo a bit, it just seems like my hair gets really weighed down if I don't shampoo. My itching isn't as bad today though.
    Somewhere between a 2b/c and a 3a

Current product favorites
    Cleansers: Giovanni TTTT shampoo, Deva No-Poo, Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner
    Conditioners: Tigi Moisture Maniac, Yes to Cucumbers, GVP Conditioning Balm, AOHR
    Stylers/Gels: KCCC, SS CEJ and FHG, AOMM, BRHG, LA Looks Sport Gel, Lustrasilk (winter), Pink Boots (winter)
    Henna glosses!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file