demi permanent or permanent please help

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,213Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Hello. Does demipermanent really cover grey roots? I'm over 60, my hair is mostly grey and I've always used L'Oreal Preference. My original color was med. brown. I have to cover the roots about every 2-2&12 weeks and I wondered whether demipermanent would really cover the grey roots; it might be less damaging.

I'm new to the board - please tell me whatever advice you have. Thanks so much for any help!!!
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• curly01curly01 Posts: 284Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    curlypearl wrote: »
    Hello. Does demipermanent really cover grey roots? I'm over 60, my hair is mostly grey and I've always used L'Oreal Preference. My original color was med. brown. I have to cover the roots about every 2-2&12 weeks and I wondered whether demipermanent would really cover the grey roots; it might be less damaging.

I'm new to the board - please tell me whatever advice you have. Thanks so much for any help!!!

According to my stylist, demi-perm color can color a full head of gray, but not on everyone. She describes some grays as "resistant" and therefore needing permanent color. So it may just depend on each individual. I'd say it's worth starting with the demi to see how it works for you, then moving on the perm. color if necessary.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I was going to say about the same. Color By Robert Craig is a gentle permanent hair color, can be a demi. It does not lift color, deposits only. You could try a box or two (depending on your length) and see what happens. I have about 50% gray on the right crown, and it works for me. But some curlies have problems with good coverage. If you do try it, choose a color about 2-3 shades lighter than you think you want, as it does go darker.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file