Garnier 'views?

flyt14flyt14 Registered Users Posts: 6
Hey! I'm a wavy/2a girl and I was thinking about trying the Garnier products. Any reviews before I spend the money?

Comments

• Frizzia Frizzia Registered Users Posts: 43
    You should look into the CG routine before you spend the money. It's worth a try!
    2c with a bit of 3a curls
    Loving: Paul Mitchell Mousse + LA looks curl gel
  • curlsmakemecrazycurlsmakemecrazy Registered Users Posts: 15
    whats the CG method.. because I already use Garnier but I can't seem to find any of the curl products anymore.
  • Frizzia Frizzia Registered Users Posts: 43
    whats the CG method.. because I already use Garnier but I can't seem to find any of the curl products anymore.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=14702
    that sums it up quite well
    2c with a bit of 3a curls
    Loving: Paul Mitchell Mousse + LA looks curl gel
  • IlanasayshiIlanasayshi Registered Users Posts: 3
    Don't use Garnier. They do animal testing of their products.
  • flyt14flyt14 Registered Users Posts: 6
    Really??? Bummer!! How do you know??
  • bbbeccabbbecca Banned Banned Users Posts: 232
    idk about the animal testing. Garnier is made by loreal, which invented hair dye...lol sorry that was random. Anyway I like their products even though a lot of them are kind of sticky (esp. the gels in the little tubs). Sleek and shine smoothing milk and curl and shine (if you can find it let me know) were my favorites.
  • misschrystamisschrysta Registered Users Posts: 22
    Yes I agree the garnier products arent great for curlies especially if you are over a like, 3b because it gets to sticky and doesnt really do much to define the curls, the only thing i really recommend by them is the garnier sleek and shine hair serum- it works pretty well to reduce frizz. the gel and cream are alrighttt... i would only use it if im planning on putting my hair in a ponytail or something because it gives a good hold but dries up wierd if you plan on letting your curly hair out.
    natural 3c/4a hair. last relaxer was in sept. 06. real transition started june 07. minimal flat ironing/heat. BC- dec. 1 07!!! =) no routine just experimenting with different products & daily cowash.
    http://public.fotki.com/misscmv/ :toothy7: LOVE BEING CURLY BABY!!
  • curlykater09curlykater09 Registered Users Posts: 9
    I wouldn't recommend GF because almost all of their products are made with 'cones, which can cause a lot of build-up if you're going CG.

P.S. Try Charles Worthington Big Waves curl creme and HH Body Envy gel if you're looking for something inexpensive. Neither contain 'cones. :D

HTH!
    Never shopped at CurlMart...yet. I'll hopefully be able to do that soon. :D

Right now I've been shopping at Trade Secret--their rewards program is just too...REWARDING to miss out on. :D If anyone has had tremendous luck with any salon professional products, send a PM my way. Thanks.

I've just recently 'officially' started CGin' it up.

3A...with some 3B maybe.
  • figiwater9figiwater9 Registered Users Posts: 79
    I use garnier, I'm a 3b/3c, but they work well for me. Especially that new gel cream combo thing. It held my curls with minimal crunch, and made them really shiny. It's really liquid-y and distributes well.
    I'm mostly a 3b-c, with a bit of everything else thrown in.
    I'm 17 years old.
    SL when dry.
    I'm kind of CG (occasional sulphate)

Wash: Miss Jessie's Creme de la Curl Cleansing Creme, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner, Occasional LowPoo grabbed from a drugstore or Biotera Moisturizing Shampoo (for BAD buildup)
    Condition: Kenra, AOHR, Queen Helene's Cholesterol, Biolage Conditioning Balm, Generic KPak
    ALWAYS Biotera Styling Gel
    Haven't found a leave-in I like yet
  • AlliyAlliy Registered Users Posts: 73
    I've used some of their products, and I'm ultimately not impressed. They don't do much of what they say they will for my 3A-B curls. But, since they're pretty cheap, it's worth a shot, because everyone has different hair and reactions to products
    2Cish hair
    Currently loving my Herbal Essences None of Your Frizziness :love7:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file