David Babaii for Wildaid...

hautecocoahautecocoa Posts: 258Registered Users
Has anyone tried this product? I've seen the ads in mags and they also ran an article on this site. The web address is: http://www.db4wildaid.com/

Here are the ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Spirulina Platensis Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Panthenol, Glycerin, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Stearylkonium Chloride, Rimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Hedera Helix Extract (Ivy), Trigonella Foenum Graecum Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Algae Extract, Mangifera Indica Fruit Extract (Mango), Actinidia Chinensis Fruit Extract (Kiwi), Urtica Dioca Extract (Nettle), Equisetum Hiemale Extract, Orchis Mascula Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Hedychium Coronarium Root Extract, Zingiber Officinalis Extract (Ginger), Rosmarinum Officinalis Leaf Extract (Rosemary), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba), Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Mangifera Indica Seed Butter, Santalum Album Extract (Sandalwood), Phellodenron Amurense Bark Extract, Hordeum Distichon Extract (Barley), Fragrance, Quaternium 91, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Rice Amino Acids, Sodium Benzoate, C11 15 Pareth 7, C12 16 Pareth 9, Trideceth 12, Tetrasodium EDTA, PEG 45M, Citric Acid

I used it once and I didn't wash it out...my hair felt heavy so I'm thinking you may have to wash this conditioner out. Has anyone else used it and what have your results been?
"I'd love to kiss you, but I just washed my hair." Bette Davis, Cabin in the Cotton

~mix of 4a/b??
~my only staples are TJ Nourish (for cowash/detangling) & Lush henna (bc it's pre-mixed). everything else is still up in the air...

Comments

• juicedabouthairjuicedabouthair Posts: 111Registered Users
    I haven't used it, but the first thing that immediately jumps out to me is that the ingredient list is very long, but I do see some really good stuff in there.
    hautecocoa wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this product? I've seen the ads in mags and they also ran an article on this site. The web address is: http://www.db4wildaid.com/

Here are the ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Spirulina Platensis Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Panthenol, Glycerin, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Stearylkonium Chloride, Rimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Hedera Helix Extract (Ivy), Trigonella Foenum Graecum Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Algae Extract, Mangifera Indica Fruit Extract (Mango), Actinidia Chinensis Fruit Extract (Kiwi), Urtica Dioca Extract (Nettle), Equisetum Hiemale Extract, Orchis Mascula Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Hedychium Coronarium Root Extract, Zingiber Officinalis Extract (Ginger), Rosmarinum Officinalis Leaf Extract (Rosemary), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba), Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Mangifera Indica Seed Butter, Santalum Album Extract (Sandalwood), Phellodenron Amurense Bark Extract, Hordeum Distichon Extract (Barley), Fragrance, Quaternium 91, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Rice Amino Acids, Sodium Benzoate, C11 15 Pareth 7, C12 16 Pareth 9, Trideceth 12, Tetrasodium EDTA, PEG 45M, Citric Acid

I used it once and I didn't wash it out...my hair felt heavy so I'm thinking you may have to wash this conditioner out. Has anyone else used it and what have your results been?
    juicedabouthair
    mostly 4a??

http://public.fotki.com/juicedabouthair/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/juicedabouthair

Products currently in rotation:
    • Curls by Sister Smith with added oils
    • SheaMoisture Leave-in
    • Herbal Essence Hello Hydration
  • hautecocoahautecocoa Posts: 258Registered Users
    I noticed that it was long too. You can barely read it on the back of the bottle so I had track it down on drugstore.com. The ingredients looked promising to me though...I have the same problem with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose condish in that it feels kind of heavy and thick. I don't think I can leave these conditioners in because they pull down my curl pattern. On the Wildaid site the instructions say "rinse, rinse, rinse." I know most conditioners say to rinse but they specified it 3 times so maybe it is super rich.
    "I'd love to kiss you, but I just washed my hair." Bette Davis, Cabin in the Cotton

~mix of 4a/b??
    ~my only staples are TJ Nourish (for cowash/detangling) & Lush henna (bc it's pre-mixed). everything else is still up in the air...
    I've never heard of the coneRimethylsiloxyamodimethicone before...does anyone know anything about it?

~mix of 4a/b??
  • preciousjewel76preciousjewel76 Posts: 679Registered Users Curl Novice
    hautecocoa wrote: »
    I've never heard of the coneRimethylsiloxyamodimethicone before...does anyone know anything about it?

I think it's missing a letter...it should be Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone.

Here's an article that discusses this 'cone and amodimethicone, which is similar:

Curl Chemist Article:
    [excerpt]
    The short answer is that these polymers are not water soluble. The silicone is provided to product manufacturers as a mixture of silicone/cationic surfactant/nonionic surfactant, which enables it to be readily dispersed into an aqueous formulation because this mixture is water soluble. However, once the product is used and the amodimethicone is deposited onto the surface of the hair and forms a film, it is not water soluble.
    Conclusions:
    Amodimethicone and other similarly modified silicone polymers are considered to be among the best high-performance conditioning polymers currently available to the hair-care product formulator. They provide many unique benefits, including the following:

Provide deep conditioning, Provide targeted conditioning to areas of particularly damaged hair, Protect from thermal damage, Increase color retention, Resist build up, Impart gloss and shine. These modified silicones seem to be of particular benefit for those of us with damaged hair, permanently colored hair or those concerned about the buildup of conditioning agents . It would be necessary to use a shampoo containing one of the lauryl or laureth sulfates or cocamidopropyl betaine to completely remove this silicone from the hair, which may be of concern to those who prefer to use only conditioner-cleansing methods.
    4A - dense, medium strands - APL/BSL - 3+ years natural!

:love7:YAY!: GF Triple Nutrition Conditioner, YTCu Color Care Conditioner, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, LOTD AV Gel, EVCO, JCN&S, KCCC, buns and updos!
    Thanks for the info on the cones. So basically you will have to wash them out with a sulfate or a product with cocamidopropyl betaine at some point to completely remove them...

~mix of 4a/b??

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file