Fabulous Book

misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
Last week, I ordered a wonderful book from Amazon.com and it just arrived this afternoon. Very timely, don't you think? :wink: It's called "Organic Body Care Recipes" by Stephanie Tourles. I'll include the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Body-Recipes-Stephanie-Tourles/dp/1580176763/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217359178&sr=8-1

I've just skimmed through it, but it looks great! Not only is it filled with simple homemade recipes for hair, face, body, and nail care. It has a good ingredient dictionary and resource guide to order organic ingredients as well as supplies.

I don't have time to make any of the recipes before we leave for the beach. :cry: You can bet I'll be trying some when I return. :toothy7:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• pigreyhoundpigreyhound Posts: 764Registered Users
    Ooh, sounds interesting! I hope there are recipes for rinse-out conditioners. I would love to find something that works that I can make myself. I don't mind making some of my hair products if they work well AND they don't require tons of time or ingredients.
    Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
    CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
    Co-wash: TJ Nourish
    Protein: CJ Repair Me
    Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
    Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.
  • susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice
    I love Stephanie Tourles books...she has several and I love them.
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

• scarriecarriescarriecarrie Posts: 382Registered Users
    I bought this book about 4 months ago. Its full of great natural recipes. I have done several of the face recipes. Very informative section toward front of book about natural ingredients such as essential oils, herbs, clay, etc., listing each one and describing the properties and uses for each one.
    Mostly 3A/Some 3B Thick/Dry/Colored/SL
    Loving natural products. Some of my favorites are:
    MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditionerloveshower.gif
  • swirlygirlswirlygirl Posts: 606Registered Users
    That does sound great, misspam! Looking forward to hearing your experience with the recipes! :blob7:

btw, have a fabulous vacation!!!
    2B ~ Lovin' it short again!
    Aloe 80 Shampoo & Conditioner, Shea Butter & Aveda Control Paste
    Fotki PW: swirlygirl
    Updated 7/13/08

• misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    pigreyhound - I skimmed through the hair chapter and didn't find any rinse-out condish recipes. She does have a few DT's, natural shampoos and scalp treatments, and hair rinses. We still need to work on a rinse-out recipe. Perhaps that is an idea for a new thread.

susancnw - What other books do you have from her? I would be interested in other recommendations.

scarriecarrie - Which facial recipes have you tried and which was your favorite?

swirlygirl - I plan on making a few recipes when we get back. I will definitely post my results. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scarriecarriescarriecarrie Posts: 382Registered Users
    misspam wrote: »
    scarriecarrie - Which facial recipes have you tried and which was your favorite?

I like the cornmeal & honey scrub, smooth as silk oatmeal cleanser, almond meal cleanser (I used jojoba meal), honey massage mask. I liked all of them, especially the honey ones. I hope you find some favorites of your own also!!!!! :)
    Mostly 3A/Some 3B Thick/Dry/Colored/SL
    Loving natural products. Some of my favorites are:
    MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditionerloveshower.gif
  • OperaCurlsOperaCurls Posts: 1,101Registered Users
    I have to buy this book now. I'll just slip it in with my textbook order next week :mrgreen:

thanks for the recommendation
    http://public.fotki.com/opera-curls/ (I cut my own hair)
    Pacific Northwest girl, color-treated fine 3B, med-low porosity

Products: Suave Coconut condish, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, FSG or KCCC, AfroVeda Shea-Amla Cream
    I LOVE HENNA!
  • OperaCurlsOperaCurls Posts: 1,101Registered Users
    Thank you thank you THANK YOU, misspam, for bringing this book to our attention. I just received my copy and can hardly wait to start trying these recipes. I love that there is a list of suppliers in the back, it makes finding some of the more specialized ingredients so easy.

Has anyone else here tried more of the recipes? How are they working out?
    http://public.fotki.com/opera-curls/ (I cut my own hair)
    Pacific Northwest girl, color-treated fine 3B, med-low porosity

Products: Suave Coconut condish, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, FSG or KCCC, AfroVeda Shea-Amla Cream
    I LOVE HENNA!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file