help on finding a moisturizer!!

dancerxotdancerxot Posts: 140Registered Users
hello again ladies!!

I've been using Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil Creme Hairdress, and I've gotten pretty good results from it. My hair is moisturized and soft and just "iight". But that stuff smells bad to me. And i'm looking for a HG product, every time I run out I try something new and I'm getting frustrated.

I've also tried: Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (too many cones, buildup like crazy), Sunsilk in the green bottle for curly hair (it was okay, again lots of cones), Sunsilk in the blue bottle for poofy hair (nice moisture, but wasn't heavy enough for me)

Long story short, I'm looking for an inexpensive, VERY moisturizing, good smelling, daily leave-in that I can find at a Target or CVS.

thanks! :wink:

hair type: 3c/4a, naturally super soft, and really prone to frizz.
:blob7:

:love7:i heart naturally curly hair!

Comments

• preciousjewel76preciousjewel76 Posts: 679Registered Users Curl Novice
    I sometimes use SheaMoisture Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner on dry hair, as a daily moisturizer. It's not at drugstores, but you can find it at "ethnic" beauty supply stores:
    treasuredlocks_2010_2025145

I've also used Africa's Best Carrot Oil Cream with success:
    279522.jpg
    4A - dense, medium strands - APL/BSL - 3+ years natural!

:love7:YAY!: GF Triple Nutrition Conditioner, YTCu Color Care Conditioner, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, LOTD AV Gel, EVCO, JCN&S, KCCC, buns and updos!
  • GlammourGirlGlammourGirl Posts: 131Registered Users
    PreciousJewel, have you found SheaMoisture locally on your side of the city?
  • preciousjewel76preciousjewel76 Posts: 679Registered Users Curl Novice
    PreciousJewel, have you found SheaMoisture locally on your side of the city?

I bought a bottle months ago, at a BS in Henry County (where I used to live). I haven't used that up yet, so I haven't paid attention to where else it might be sold. I was at Target last weekend and didn't see it, though.
    4A - dense, medium strands - APL/BSL - 3+ years natural!

:love7:YAY!: GF Triple Nutrition Conditioner, YTCu Color Care Conditioner, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, LOTD AV Gel, EVCO, JCN&S, KCCC, buns and updos!
  • Ms KittyMs Kitty Posts: 556Registered Users
    I use shealoe as a moisturizer. Here's my recipe

8oz of shea butter
    soften so I can whip it.
    Then I add 1/2 cup of coconut oil and whip those together real good and then I slowly add 1/3 cup of aloe vera gel. Slowly add the aloe vera gel and whip until it's like frosting. It works very well and my hair stays moisturized for days.HTH
    My favorites
    Qhemets AHOC,OHHB
    Yemen Henna
    HHC
    AOHR Deep Conditioner
    Coconut,Jojoba and JBC oils
    Rosemary Oil/w horsetail,coltsfoot and Nettle leaves.
    My own homemade mixtures
    BlackStrap Molasses

http://public.fotki.com/mj11051
  • hautecocoahautecocoa Posts: 258Registered Users
    dancerxot wrote: »
    hello again ladies!!

I've been using Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil Creme Hairdress, and I've gotten pretty good results from it. My hair is moisturized and soft and just "iight". But that stuff smells bad to me. And i'm looking for a HG product, every time I run out I try something new and I'm getting frustrated.

I've also tried: Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (too many cones, buildup like crazy), Sunsilk in the green bottle for curly hair (it was okay, again lots of cones), Sunsilk in the blue bottle for poofy hair (nice moisture, but wasn't heavy enough for me)

Long story short, I'm looking for an inexpensive, VERY moisturizing, good smelling, daily leave-in that I can find at a Target or CVS.

thanks! :wink:

The Curls Souffle was extremely moisturizing for me and my hair stays dry as the desert no matter what I use on it. This left my hair super soft. For me, it was too heavy for a wash and go (or maybe I just used to much) so I've been waiting to use it on twists or a braidout.
    "I'd love to kiss you, but I just washed my hair." Bette Davis, Cabin in the Cotton

~mix of 4a/b??
    ~my only staples are TJ Nourish (for cowash/detangling) & Lush henna (bc it's pre-mixed). everything else is still up in the air...
  • chicacanelachicacanela Posts: 184Registered Users
    you might be able to make a good moisturizer in your own home. try mixing a favorite moisturizing conditioner, some water, and a light oil together in a spray bottle(1 part con to 1 part water, maybe a teaspoon of oil) I always come back to this and it works wonders.
    3c/4a 100% natural:bunny:
    I :love8: Tahitian Monoi Oil.
    Current Faves: Dr. Bronner's Organic Shikakai Soap (hands, face and hair), Cabellina del Cabello, Eco Styler with Argan oil, Sesame seed oil
    Conditioner Only Method.
    http://public.fotki.com/peabella
  • pammiecurlpammiecurl Posts: 93Registered Users
    I always come back to this and it works wonders.

Hey Chicanela,

If I may ask, what made you leave this product?
  • dancerxotdancerxot Posts: 140Registered Users
    you might be able to make a good moisturizer in your own home. try mixing a favorite moisturizing conditioner, some water, and a light oil together in a spray bottle(1 part con to 1 part water, maybe a teaspoon of oil) I always come back to this and it works wonders.

that sounds pretty good..I did that while I was still transitioning but I was doubtful if it would be heavy enough for my hair once its natural. but now that I really think about it weighing hair down isn't the goal, now is it? :tongue5:

any other recommendations just in case?

hair type: 3c/4a, naturally super soft, and really prone to frizz.
    :blob7:

:love7:i heart naturally curly hair!
  • MissKinkyCoilyMissKinkyCoily Posts: 827Registered Users
    Ms Kitty wrote: »
    I use shealoe as a moisturizer. Here's my recipe

8oz of shea butter
    soften so I can whip it.
    Then I add 1/2 cup of coconut oil and whip those together real good and then I slowly add 1/3 cup of aloe vera gel. Slowly add the aloe vera gel and whip until it's like frosting. It works very well and my hair stays moisturized for days.HTH

MsKitty, I'm gonna come live with you, so you can make all my beauty products. PM me your address. I will work for products, LOL.
    5 YEARS OF FABULOUS NAPPYNESS
    :wav:

Last Relaxer: August 2003
    Final Chop: October 2004

Photos: http://public.fotki.com/MissKinkyCoily/ : December 2009 Updates

comic-p.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file