Wideacre Trilogy by Philippa Gregory

texascurlytexascurly Posts: 1,967Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I had serious doubts about starting this series. I read many mixed reviews and I know there's going to be some incest (I know that from the reviews). I have to say...about 65 pages in and I'm hooked.

I didn't go in comparing it to her Tudor series either...I think that could make a difference. Also, it's been a while since I read all of those books.

I think I'm really going to enjoy this series!! I love books!!:toothy7:

Comments

• KookyCurlKookyCurl Posts: 1,980Registered Users
    My library seems to have lost the second one and I'm hesitant about starting it. I liked Wideacre but I don't think I liked enough to re-read. It's well, a bit odd.

I don't want to give anything away when you're not super far in. I'll wait until you get through it.

I just hope the other two books take a different tactic. I don't think I could handle two more filled with the same stuff.
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I didn't realize it was a trilogy...what are the other books in the trilogy?

I read half of Wildacre, I just couldn't get into it. I am not sure if its her writing, or if it was the story line.

I liked The Other Boleyn Girl, but didn't read any others either.
    :rambo:
  • pelicanopelicano Posts: 580Registered Users
    I have the Wideacre books but haven't started them yet. As well as the Tudor books, I loved The Wise Woman or whatever it was called. That was seriously weird, but I was hooked.
    Sarah.

Based in the UK. 2-something (2b?) hair. Very porous, fine and brittle/fragile

Hair loves: Drip drying, glycerine, shea butter, oils
    Hair hates: Plopping, any kind of gel, most conditioners (scalp issues).
  • BohemianRenegadeBohemianRenegade Posts: 1,078Registered Users
    I read the first two, but just couldn't really get into them. I've liked her Tudor series the best.
    Trying to find some sanity as I work on my master's in nursing...
  • texascurlytexascurly Posts: 1,967Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I finished Wideacre last night. I was pretty much :shock: through the entire book! I have to say though, I enjoyed it. I'm starting the second book in the trilogy, The Favored Child, today.
  • NottyNotty Posts: 1,456Registered Users
    Just finished the last in the trilogy, the final book Meridon wasn't filled with so much incest, it was my favourite of all of them.......however did love the rest as well. Just had to buy another of her books!
    :toothy7:between Botticelli & Corkscrew curly-very thick, coarse hair
    http://public.fotki.com/notty6

When I get to be 'Queen of the World', I will absolish WIND!!!:queen:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file