Evil hair torture!

Ashkins1118Ashkins1118 Posts: 786Registered Users
Ok girls, i've been having some major issues with my hair (excessive tangling, breakage, dryness) which came from a march trip to the beach in which salt water and a horrible detangling session after totally jacked up my hair. So after months of trying to baby it, its finally looking how it used too! Shine, softeness, a reasonable amount of tangles. Then comes this past Friday: Went to a party with my "friend" to this random guys house. They wer complimenting my hair and asked if they could touch it. I said sure, since I figured it could do no harm( its one little touch after all)...then the rest of the night, people kept grabing, pulling, and tearing through my hair. Even my drunkass friend who was acting really stupid. These guys made really inappropriate sexual comments about my hair and I was ready to walk come. I kept telling people to stop touching my hair to no avail, and with my bad temper it took alot not to hurt someone. Finally, I went off, told them how long it would take the next day to undo the crap they had done, and I went outside. I was stranded since my stupid friend drove and mad at myself that I wasnt more firm in the beginning. But with us being the only girls there I was a little intimidated to really go off. They were so rough and by the time we finally left my hair ws dry, tangled, and just ruined. Curly hair is alot of work and I just felt really disrespected. The next day, detangling was a nightmare and I had alot of flyaways from breakage :cry:. All my hardwork just feels like its been thrown out because of some inconsiderate a$$holes. My hair is in crappy shape now, very dry and rough. I really needed to vent, because if anyone can understand my crappy experience, its you ladies.
Super Thick corkscrews and waves. LOVE Elucence MBC, Giovanni 50/50 condish, Qhemet Products, V05 Calming Chamomile Tea Therapy condish, Jessicurl WDT. These are my official HG's that I love oh so much
http://www.youtube.com/user/Curlypad?feature=mhum

comic-p.jpg

Comments

• anonymous_4926anonymous_4926 Posts: 678Registered Users
    girl, that story made me want to get on a plane and hunt some people down. do a few deep conditioning treatments, and hopefully you're hair will be in better shape in no time.
    natural since 1998. trying to adapt to this midwest weather while still keeping it simple. current length: MBL (stretched)

www.fotki.com/curlymami
    pw: enter
  • jcurladyjcurlady Posts: 626Registered Users Curl Novice
    I hate that you had to go through that. A big majority of guys don't reach maturity until about 40. It gets worse when u mix alcohol with it. It sounds like it got scary for a minute there. Please be careful. I'm not trying to scare you, but things can go sour pretty quickly.
    Oh and your hair is beautiful. If I had your hair, i wouldn't let anyone touch it.
    if luvin KCKT and KCCC is wrong I don't wanna b right

sell crazy somewhere else...we're all stocked up here.
  • roccmycurlsroccmycurls Posts: 85Registered Users
    I'm soooooooo sorry that happened to you. It was actually a huge violation. I think your hair is just a part of that. Any unauthorized touching is always scary and is never justified.

Be proud of yourself for standing up to them and for walking out.
    the hair revolution continues... 9 yrs. & counting....:blob7:

BCs: July '99, March '04, June '04, Sept. '04 whenever I get bored.... LOL!

products that work for me:
    homemade aloe vera/jojo/glyc/ honey/coconut oil gel
    Giovanni 50/50
    Miss Jessie's DT,
    Jessi Curl WDT

mantra: "Growth Comes Easily & Effortlessly"

PHOTOS:
    http://public.fotki.com/roccmycurls/
  • hautecocoahautecocoa Posts: 258Registered Users
    That's awful! A few weeks ago I went to a bonfire at the beach and someone pulled my hood off really rough and in the process yanked my hair out of the puff. It got really tangled and some hair was pulled out. That made me really mad and I felt really disrespected. Our hair is so delicate that it can't take that rough treatment :sad8: Even when people just touch it I cringe. I wish I had some kind of halo surrounding my hair that said "no touching!"
    "I'd love to kiss you, but I just washed my hair." Bette Davis, Cabin in the Cotton

~mix of 4a/b??
    ~my only staples are TJ Nourish (for cowash/detangling) & Lush henna (bc it's pre-mixed). everything else is still up in the air...
  • Ashkins1118Ashkins1118 Posts: 786Registered Users
    Thank you ladies for understanding! Ya'll are so sweet:wink:. Curlymami, I definitely could have used some backup, you and that plane ticket would have come in handy lol. People who arent natural and who dont know all that goes into curly hair are kinda slow I guess. And thank you all for the compliments! It makes me feel a little bit better about the less than great condition its in now :(. I will be upping the deep treats for awhile and keeping it in a bun for awhile.

Thanks,roccmycurls, im happy I walked out but still mad at myself that I let it get to the level it was at before getting myself out of the situation instead of worrying that people would think I was a b*tch. It was this past weekend, but im still really mad about it. I dont want to put myself in a position like that again.

Jcurlady, I will take your advice now on if Im ever in another situation like this (hope that im not). It did get scary, and the comment one of them bad is not something I think I can put on the board unless I give an adult warning! My problem is im too nice sometimes and dont stand up for myself until it gets outta hand. I need to work on that! From now on, my hair is on the VIP treatment, only people I know and who will be nice to my hair can get near it lol!

Hautecocoa, you see what I mean about these ignorant people who cant leave us alone!? Im sorry that happened to you at the bonfire, I know exactly how you feel. We just need to baby our hair and give people the evil eye if they come at the hair the wrong way:thumright:
    Super Thick corkscrews and waves. LOVE Elucence MBC, Giovanni 50/50 condish, Qhemet Products, V05 Calming Chamomile Tea Therapy condish, Jessicurl WDT. These are my official HG's that I love oh so much

comic-p.jpg
  • jadeperidotjadeperidot Posts: 46Registered Users
    Well if it's any consolation, your hair is probably still insanely beautiful. You are actually one of my hair idols. I've been having the same issues with my hair that you currently have (lots of people pulling and tugging=too much damaging manipulation). Please keep me posted on whatever you're doing to better the situation. I'm sure your curls will be back in tip-top shape in no time.
    :toothy4:
    3c/4a soft & frizzy curls with way too much SHRINKAGE :thumbdown:

Doing what the mean hair says and keeping it as conditioned as possible.

**Craving longer hair**
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 348Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    all)... But with us being the only girls there

ok I guess my age is showing now but, WHAT THE HELLwhat do you mean you were the only girls there? I'm more concernd about that than your hair.
  • preciousjewel76preciousjewel76 Posts: 679Registered Users Curl Novice
    celeste821 wrote: »
    ok I guess my age is showing now but, WHAT THE HELLwhat do you mean you were the only girls there? I'm more concernd about that than your hair.

I'm so feeling you on this (and I'm only 32...LOL). I love men, but guys, in general, can be clueless/dumb:laughing7:. Even moreso when they're drinking and in a social situation. This cluelessness is usually harmful, but it can lead to unpleasant outcomes. Ashkins, I'm just glad YOU are OK, and I really hope your can recover. It sounds like those people were being very disrespectful of your body (which includes your hair!).
    4A - dense, medium strands - APL/BSL - 3+ years natural!

:love7:YAY!: GF Triple Nutrition Conditioner, YTCu Color Care Conditioner, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, LOTD AV Gel, EVCO, JCN&S, KCCC, buns and updos!
  • Ashkins1118Ashkins1118 Posts: 786Registered Users
    Hi celeste821 and preciousjewel76, thanks so much for your concern! Ok, what happened was my friend asked if I wanted to go with her to get some food. She drove and when we got there these two guys wer there. i was like oh, ok guess their friends of hers. So afterwards, she wanted to go hang over there, although I told her i wasnt really into the idea. These were NOT the type of guys i would normally hang around, but she was the one driving and said we'd only be there for a little bit. WRONG. I mean, these dudes had a damn stripper pole in the middle of the living room! She was into the whole situation but I was ready to leave the second she even brought up the idea! I will never put myself through something like like for the sake of being nice! Thank you ladies again for your concern, I will take your words to heart and drive myself when I go out from now on when its people i dont know too
    well.

Thanks so much jadeperidot! That really made my day! So far, ive just been wearing my hair up since the last time I detangled and when i take it down in a coupla days, hopefully it'll look alot better than it did. The best thing we can do is stop these clueless people BEFORE they land their hands in our hair to avoid the stress afterwards lol!

comic-p.jpg
  • curlycherry28curlycherry28 Posts: 212Registered Users
    The nerve of people and your friend should know better than to let herself get wasted knowing she is the driver. I can't believe those guys. They don't know how to appreciate true beauty. I know you were being nice, but next time tell those guys or anyone else to back off. Our hair is like our babies we don't spend time nurturing it for nothing lol.

http://public.fotki.com/curlycherry28
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The moral of the story....ALWAYS have cab money to get home or a cell phone to call someone else to come get you.

I would have left her ass there so fast her head would have been spinning. For get the hair for a sec (not to say that it ain't important) but that could have really gotten ugly. Thank God they were only groping your hair and not your body! I'm glad that you are ok and I hope that you NEVER go anywhere else with that "friend" (and that is an entirely different topic!)
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • preciousjewel76preciousjewel76 Posts: 679Registered Users Curl Novice
    The moral of the story....ALWAYS have cab money to get home or a cell phone to call someone else to come get you.

I would have left her ass there so fast her head would have been spinning. For get the hair for a sec (not to say that it ain't important) but that could have really gotten ugly. Thank God they were only groping your hair and not your body! I'm glad that you are ok and I hope that you NEVER go anywhere else with that "friend" (and that is an entirely different topic!)

I hate to talk about someone I don't know, but if she's willing to get tipsy around some "random guys", then I'd be hesitant to hang around with her too. Don't get me started on her being the driver, no less:thumbdown:. She was putting not only herself, but Ashkins in a potentially dangerous situation. She's lucky she had someone there with her - who knows what could've happened.

Ladies, always, ALWAYS have a buddy with you when you go out. Watch each other's backs.
    4A - dense, medium strands - APL/BSL - 3+ years natural!

:love7:YAY!: GF Triple Nutrition Conditioner, YTCu Color Care Conditioner, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, LOTD AV Gel, EVCO, JCN&S, KCCC, buns and updos!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file