We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Soap nuts as CG friendly shampoo... ever head of them, and what do you think?

ArjaeArjae Posts: 412Registered Users
I have some things called "Soap Nuts". They're mostly used as laundry soap. They're natural, and they actually grow on trees. You can read about them here: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmaggiespureland.com%2Findex.html." class="Popup
They say you can boil them, and use the solution for normal soap. Also, on the brochure it says: "Since ancient times, Soap Nuts have been used for laundering fine silks and wools, by jewelers for shining gold and silver ornaments, as a hair wash to increase luster and softness, and as a skin soap to improve skin condition".

Here's another website about them. /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mynewvigrx2006.info%2FSOAP%2520NUTS.html" class="Popup
They say you can use it for your hair.

I think they do suds up a little. Could I use this to wash my hair, and do you think this would be considered CG?
3A, medium fine. Currently avoiding shampoos, 'cones, 'xanes and sulfates. Hair length - a bit beyond BSL. Mostly CG since July 2, 2008.oregonian_showersmile.gif

Comments

• baikabaika Posts: 117Registered Users
    Sounds interesting. I'd like to know too!

I saw you can also get soap nuts powder; just add water, and use the paste as a shampoo. Seems less messy.
  • ArjaeArjae Posts: 412Registered Users
    Hmmm, well, 87 views and no one seems to know anything about them. Oh well. I guess they are pretty unusual!
    3A, medium fine. Currently avoiding shampoos, 'cones, 'xanes and sulfates. Hair length - a bit beyond BSL. Mostly CG since July 2, 2008.oregonian_showersmile.gif
  • Riot CrrlRiot Crrl Posts: 3,135Registered Users
    On a different forum I have heard of people using them, so I know it can be done. But... my knowledge of them ends there I'm afraid. Which is why I didn't reply before.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file