L'Oreal X-Tenso

JohnniJohnni Posts: 8Registered Users
Anyone tried L'Oreal X-Tenso?.
I want to relax my hair but not get that 'poker' straight unnatural look and was reccomended this.
I would say my hair is 2c or 3a and want to get it straight like this:
http://www.hairfinder.com/articles2005/photolongmenhairstyle.htm

Comments

• boarderhopperboarderhopper Banned Posts: 295Banned Users
    that hairstyle only looks good if youre indoors all the time and have no soul
  • boarderhopperboarderhopper Banned Posts: 295Banned Users
    and no sorry i dont know anything about loreal xtenso but it sounds interesting
  • lily25lily25 Posts: 8Registered Users
    I did this 4 years ago. It's supposed to be a mild relaxer to help ease the curl a bit (from curly to shiny wavy) and condition your hair. The main goal is to make your hair easier to blow dry straight with a big round brush, in less time than usual.It is gone after 5-6 months (but really depends on the type of hair)...

I'm not going to the technical details, it's like any other relaxer really.

The first 4 days my hair looked perfect. Straight and shiny.
    When I washed them though my hair was like before, with the curl slightly relaxed, but not shinier. Blow dry time was the same, and I didn't see any difference. I just thought it was a big waste of time and money, but wth, my hair was not damaged.
    After 2 months my hair started falling, not braking but falling from the roots. My hair was thinning so bad, I must have lost at least 30 % of my total hair that period, it was so freaky. I went to a Chinese medicine store and got lotions, shampoo, and pills and I stopped and reversed the hair loss. My hair now is ok, not as thick as it was but close.

So I wouldn't recommend this method to anyone. I believe a person with thinner and finer hair than me would have destroyed her hair irreversibly.
  • evaveevave Posts: 1Registered Users
    Oh my- I got it done. It was not good......

I have 3b/3c hair and I got X Tenso done at a salon. I knew something was wrong when the hairdresser just slapped the formula it on - straight to the root.

After a good month I had lots of root hair loss/breakage and I eventually lost a good 1/3 of my hair. My hair is now really dry, brittle, and coarse. Basically the same effects as a relaxer gone bad.

My hair is growing back but the new growth isn't the same as it used to be. It's really sad.

I would suggest you DON'T GET IT. I really regret it now. . . In hindsight I should have gotten some sort of Keratin treatment
  • CecilleCecille Posts: 1Registered Users
    I have 3c type curls and have had the treatment done about three times. It does soften the hair and make your curls more bouncy. I love it. The trick is that the stylist should not over comb the hair.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file