Weaves

NaddyNaddy Posts: 57Registered Users
I thought this was a really interesting article. I never thought about where the human hair for weaves comes from.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1036155/Why-Ill-wear-hair-extensions-pop-star-Jamelia.html
BC - 21/07/08
Transitioning since 23/08/07
Coarse 4a

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Interesting article. The writer said that she was done with human hair weaves---very good 4 her since her edges are torn out on the first picture.
    She said that she had 'good hair'----hmmmm. Her hair is very thin and over processed from a perm. Was she referring to the perm as classifying her as having that stereotypical 'good hair'?

But really, I don't see selling hair as offensive as prostitution in other lands that really exploits poor people. Whatever floats their boats.
  • NaddyNaddy Posts: 57Registered Users
    I though the same thing about her "good hair". There is no way her hair is naturally straight.

She fronted a hair range range a while back in the UK. She was pictured on the front with a really long weave and the second ingredient on the list was sodium lauryl sulphate. There are barely any products marketed towards black hair here, so ladies who don't understand ingredients would are likely to have been persuaded by it. That drives me mad.
    BC - 21/07/08
    Coarse 4a
  • NaddyNaddy Posts: 57Registered Users
    BC - 21/07/08
    Coarse 4a

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file