Wrinkles

tgreyztgreyz Posts: 1,627Registered Users
I'm only going on 24 but I'm already worrying about wrinkles etc.. when I get older. I know I have issues I need to work on that. But in the mean time at what age should I start wrinkle prevention and by doing what?

Although I'm really thin I feel like I have a fat face and my skin is going to start to fall and get wrinkly. My skin is oily I've heard thats a good thing for slowing down the aging process.

I don't wear moisturizer because my skin slicks all by itself. And spf makes it feel greasy so I don't do that either. I wash my face twice a day, use blotters when I need it, wear minimal makeup and use witch hazel as toner before I go to bed.

Suggestions or am I just being a freak and I shouldn't be worrying about this at my age?
3b or 3c curls | My Fotki
combo2.gif________________________________________________

event.png

Comments

• ~915~~915~ Posts: 519Registered Users
    Well, the best prevention for wrinkles is SPF. I know, I know about the oil slick problem. So, here are routines that have worked for me and my oil slick. Even though it's difficult to find a good SPF that doesn't exacerbate oil problems, it's probably the best thing that you can do for your skin.

Daytime:

1. Cetaphil Oily Skin or Dermalogica's Special Cleansing Gel
    2. Bobbi Brown SPF Tinted Moisturizer (honestly: no slick) or
    MAC Light Day Moisture SPF, which is colorless (honestly: no slick)
    3. sheer pressed powder

Nighttime:

1. same cleanser
    2. the tiniest amount of super light moisturizer

During the day, I also blot with tissues when needed.
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Posts: 2,551Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    SPF! Use it, you will be sorry later if you don't. You need it every single day even if it is cloudy and use it on your forearms too. The skin there can get crepey and sun spots when you get older.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    sunscreen is the number one anti-aging product on the market!

i wear it all year round, even up here in Canada at this time of year when we have about 9 hours of daylight per day!

and having a thin face makes you look older than a "fat" face.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • tgreyztgreyz Posts: 1,627Registered Users
    sdcurly wrote:
    SPF! Use it, you will be sorry later if you don't. You need it every single day even if it is cloudy and use it on your forearms too. The skin there can get crepey and sun spots when you get older.

I use hand lotion everyday but its from bath and body works and doesnt contain sunscreen. Is there any lotion besides for the face that contains sunscreen? Or do you just put spf on and then lotion?

With facial lotion can you put it under your eyes to prevent crows feet? Or are you supposed to keep it away from eyes?
    3b or 3c curls | My Fotki
    combo2.gif________________________________________________

event.png
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    you don't have to use a specific "eye" cream though they are forumlated slightly differently from face creams. i use my face cream under my eyes.

don't put spf too close to your eyes - wear a pair of LARGE, DARK sunglasses to prevent squinting instead, that's what really causes crow's feet.

Lubriderm makes skin lotions with spf in them, but most sunscreens are emollient and can be used in place of skin cream. if you're going to layer, the sunscreen goes OVER the lotion. doing it the other way can "wash off" the spf.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Posts: 2,551Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Rou wrote:
    Lubriderm makes skin lotions with spf in them, but most sunscreens are emollient and can be used in place of skin cream. if you're going to layer, the sunscreen goes OVER the lotion. doing it the other way can "wash off" the spf.

Yes, Rou's advice is right on the mark.

If you have oily skin, skip moisturizer on your face in the morning and use SPF instead. I would still use a non-greasy moisterizer at night if I were you. I've found 2 sunscreens that aren't greasy on my face. Neutrogena Dry Touch (or something like that). Reasonably priced, but it caused me to have an allergic reaction I think. So I use Shiseido SPF 55 for the face. I love it but it costs around $35 for a bottle.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file