medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
Mine:

mylar balloons
Gloworm
dogs
Tekno Robotic Dog
weird looking Happy Meal toys
mommy sneezing
a stuffed bear that plays music (Fuzzbucket, Catherine loves it though)

Oddly enough, Lilly isn't afraid of the dust buster. Go figure.

Comments

• KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    Coughing. Sneezing is fine though. :laughing7:
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Registered Users Posts: 5,656
    -Our neighbor's laugh (he's a really big guy and has a very deep chuckle)

-Beards
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    Nothing yet - he's a completely fearless child and will approach anything and anyone. He laughs at pretty much every new noise he hears.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    Amneris wrote: »
    Nothing yet - he's a completely fearless child and will approach anything and anyone. He laughs at pretty much every new noise he hears.

He sounds like my son when he was a baby.
  • geminigemini Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    She's not a baby anymore but...

The car wash--ever since she was a baby and aware of what was going on she has HATED the car wash. Once she even recognized where we were going even before we pulled into the driveway of the car wash (I think she was about a year old--we were shocked that she figured it out). She will be 3 in October and she still goes nuts. Sometimes I get out of the car and wait for my husband to go through.

The noise of the blender

I don't think she's too fond of the vacuum either. :)
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Registered Users Posts: 996 Curl Connoisseur
    medussa wrote: »
    Mine: a stuffed bear that plays music (Fuzzbucket, Catherine loves it though)

Awww! :love7:

Harry is afraid of the vacuum, but only when it's running. He loves to play with it when it is off. Beards scare him too. Otherwise, not much scares this kid. His fearlessness scares me sometimes, though!

Oh, I forgot about the blender. That's not a favorite either. He likes the food that comes from it, though.
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • MunchyMunchy Registered Users Posts: 5,206 Curl Novice

Ditto this. She may look quickly with shock at first any anything new, then just laughs.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    My daughter was always afraid of baby dolls when she was a baby. It broke my heart, because I was envisioning living vicariously through her with lots and lots of baby dolls. Nope, it was not to be. She's still kinda afraid of them at 10, which has saved me a ton of money as American Girl dolls scare the crap out of her.
  • deedlesdeedles Registered Users Posts: 2,467 Curl Connoisseur
    gemini wrote: »
    The car wash--ever since she was a baby and aware of what was going on she has HATED the car wash.
    :)

For a minute I was going agree with Amneris and say nothing but then I saw gemini's posting.. Liam can't stand the car wash!! I mean he goes nuts!! Crying and Screaming... DH will even pop him out of the car seat and let him sit on his lap during it and sing to him or read to him and still nothing!!!
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
  • Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Curl Neophyte
    My daughter was always afraid of baby dolls when she was a baby. It broke my heart, because I was envisioning living vicariously through her with lots and lots of baby dolls. Nope, it was not to be. She's still kinda afraid of them at 10, which has saved me a ton of money as American Girl dolls scare the crap out of her.

I wanted one of those so badly when I was a girl! I hope my daughter's not scared of them b/c I want to live vicariously through her too. :wink: (They are expensive though. That's why I never had one.)
  • eche428eche428 Registered Users Posts: 2,782 Curl Connoisseur

I'm 45 and they still scare the crap out of me. My DH loves antique shops so we go occasionally. Nothing is worse than turning a corner and being confronted with a display of creepy old dolls staring down at you! CRAAAAAP! All the hairs stand up on the back of my neck! :shaking: :hmph::crybaby::sad1::shock::eek:

And why, oh, f-in, why do they always have to have to put them up high where they're looking down at you with their dirty, paint peeling faces?!

Oh and clowns don't get me started on clowns! :clown: :cussing:
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • CGNYCCGNYC Registered Users Posts: 4,938 Curl Connoisseur
    S is pretty fearless for the most part and it's sort of a concern for me. I mean, I love that she's a risk taker but she makes me lose my breath sometimes.

That said, she has developed some new fears just in the last two weeks -

- the vacuum cleaner (as soon as we turn down my mom's street she starts telling me that the vacuum cleaner is turned off, put away, and out of batteries)

- the polaris (which she calls the puhwaahwis and it
    took me a while to figure out what this new fear was. Notice it is vacuum cleaner-like)

- ice chests, no idea why. Although I've started telling her it's for keeping snacks cold and that seems to help

- Jack's Big Music Show - she will hide behind the sofa if it comes on. This happened about a year ago and then went away, but it's back now.
  • deedlesdeedles Registered Users Posts: 2,467 Curl Connoisseur
    CGNYC wrote: »

- Jack's Big Music Show - she will hide behind the sofa if it comes on. This happened about a year ago and then went away, but it's back now.

My son's favorite show!!!

( I love it too!! )
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
  • VanedaVaneda Registered Users Posts: 402
    My 2 1/2 year old son only has one true fear....and that is of Gollum from the Lord of the Rings movies; except he doesn't call him Gollum, he calls him "Precious" :laughing7:

He is CONVINCED that Precious lives in our basement! :)
    2/b-2/c - I shampoo daily with non-sulfate shampoos - right now am *loving* L'Oreal Everpure shampoo and conditioner
    For styling: homemade flax seed gel, Curl Keeper, and/or KCCC
    Current favorite product: *KCCC*!!

• subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    nothing anymore. she used to be afraid of the vaccuum but shes recently gotten over that.
  • mad scientistmad scientist Registered Users Posts: 3,530 Curl Neophyte
    My 2.5 year old is terrified of fireplaces and nightlights.

Fireplaces, I can understand, if we are talking about real fireplaces. But he is also afraid of the cover of "Goodnight Moon" and his dollhouse because of the pictures of fireplaces.

Nightlights... look like little fireplaces, I guess?
  • CGNYCCGNYC Registered Users Posts: 4,938 Curl Connoisseur
    My son's favorite show!!!

She was a HUGE fan of Jack until the Little Bad Wolf episode. I don't know why it bothers her, but if we're watching Noggin and they even do the promo for Jack, she freaks out.
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Registered Users Posts: 791
    Vaneda wrote: »
    My 2 1/2 year old son only has one true fear....and that is of Gollum from the Lord of the Rings movies; except he doesn't call him Gollum, he calls him "Precious" :laughing7:

He is CONVINCED that Precious lives in our basement! :)

Your DS and I have something in common - that thing is CREEPY!

My DS (nearly 2) isn't really afraid of much. When he was a little baby, my SO's voice would often frighten him because it is so deep and loud.
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
  • geminigemini Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    Nightlights... look like little fireplaces, I guess?

They definitely see things we adults can not! My daughter keeps pointing at a smiley face that is outside of our living room window. It's always in the evening, so I'm guessing at a certain angle the streetlamps form a "smiley face" you can see though the window. I can't see it, so I'm guessing.

Also, the two little buttons (min and hour) on my car's digital clock have been "eyes" to her for at least a year now.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    medussa wrote: »

He sounds like my son when he was a baby.
    Mine, too! :toothy7:
    and the 'carry you'...lol

• DarkAngelDarkAngel Registered Users Posts: 2,671 Curl Neophyte
    He is afraid of "that Cookie Monstah." That little jerk Calliou also has him convinced that monsters live in his room. We got that one covered by letting him take his bat to bed.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    Aidan is too little to be afraid. Maya claims to be afraid of everything but is secretly fearless.

When Max was a baby he was terrified of Thomas the tank engine. I think it was the big eyes.
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Registered Users Posts: 7,135 Curl Novice
    Danae isn't afraid of anything at the moment. She had a brief fear of elevators (we rode one that had a very abrupt stop), but that seems to be over.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file