We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Dry hair + ACV rinse questions

misslilithmisslilith Posts: 9Registered Users
I'm on my 3rd CG week and I have already seen great improvement in my waves (almost curls at this point!). However, my hair still feels and looks pretty dry and damaged and is quite frizzy, especially at the crown. Also, the hair under the top layer is very limp and straight... what can I do?

I will try to do an ACV rinse again today, have tried it once before but I'm really confused as to the exact recipe; how much of water/vinegar? Also, do I co-wash, ACV rinse, then condition? Or another way around?

Thank you for your help :)

Comments

• CurlyJoshuaCurlyJoshua Posts: 49Registered Users
    Well im pretty sure that i read somewhere Acv rinses can be drying if you do them alot :s im not so sure but look it up if you want
  • BecciBecci Posts: 401Registered Users
    I have dry damaged hair but I do ACV rinse once a week. Just do a normal CO-wash then condition your hair. Once you have rinsed your hair just do the AVG rinse as the final step.

I used 2 caps of ACV to 1 cup of water.

Then I use my styling products or just a leave in conditioner.

Hope this helps.
    From U.K & started CG 13th July 08 :thumbleft:

Using VO5 Moisture Milks Passion Fruit Smoothie for co-washing and conditioning.

Using Boots curl creme

Considering going Mod-CG and using H&S once a week to prevent build up, flakes and other nastys.:confused3:
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    I use one tablespoon of vinegar for each cup of water. I usually do a total of three cups water (3 T vinegar). If you can stand it, cold water works best and helps seal the cuticle. Think of it as a refreshing way to start the day.

My hair was dry and frizzy when I started CG. I used weekly ACVs anyway, and my hair always looked better afterwards.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • BecciBecci Posts: 401Registered Users
    LoloDSM wrote: »
    I use one tablespoon of vinegar for each cup of water. I usually do a total of three cups water (3 T vinegar). If you can stand it, cold water works best and helps seal the cuticle. Think of it as a refreshing way to start the day.

My hair was dry and frizzy when I started CG. I used weekly ACVs anyway, and my hair always looked better afterwards.

I just measured out 2 capfuls of ACV onto a spoon and its 1 tablespoon worth... Ironic.. Seems different ways but its the same:laughing7:
    From U.K & started CG 13th July 08 :thumbleft:

Using VO5 Moisture Milks Passion Fruit Smoothie for co-washing and conditioning.

Using Boots curl creme

Considering going Mod-CG and using H&S once a week to prevent build up, flakes and other nastys.:confused3:
  • misslilithmisslilith Posts: 9Registered Users
    I tried another rinse today and my hair feels a lot softer and has more volume so I think I can call the mission accomplished :) Thank you for all the tips.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file