Home coloring over salon color?

Skram1113Skram1113 Posts: 365Registered Users
About a year and a half ago I had a traumatic orange incident with permanent dye, resulting in an emergency fix from a local salon. I spent a good 4 hours there, during which time they put about 7 bowls of dye to cover up the orange. Afterwards my hair felt worse than it EVER has (even after 2 relaxer procedures in a 5 month span). However its grown out about half way now. The thing is, the color is only on the top layer of hair. Once you pull back the top layer, everything underneath is my natural color!!! At this point I feel like saying screw it and just dying my hair. Is it a good/bad idea to use box dye over salon color? Or should I just give up on keeping the bank account above a 20$ balance and get it professionally done?
3b/c/f/ii
Messing with AOWC/AORM (but will always love AOHR) Also playing with KBB, KCKT & KCCC
Frustrated none the less... Keratin process set for 12/20 unless something changes before then.

Fotki:
http://public.fotki.com/skram1113/
pw: curl

1/20/2009 could not come sooner

Comments

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You can use box color. Color by Robert Craig would be an excellent gentle choice. But I would contact Karin (ask karin on the site), tell her everything that was done before, etc and she can advise you.

Same goes if you use a different brand, call their toll-free number for advice. HTH
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file