:[ Goodbye hair

CurlyJoshuaCurlyJoshua Posts: 49Registered Users
Goodbye hair this is my fairwell goodbyes if a miracle doesnt happen in a few days im shaving my head..I suck at this co wash no poo stuff :[

108e051.jpg

Comments

• kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    please dont!!! You hair looks great in that picture! Way better than mine ever did before going cg! It can take a week or two for your scalp to adjust to co-washing. Have you taken a look at the before and after thread?
  • CurlyJoshuaCurlyJoshua Posts: 49Registered Users
    No i cant find the before and after thread :/
  • ScrappyTamScrappyTam Posts: 470Registered Users
    I agree, the picture looks great. What is your complaint about the no poo method? By that, I mean what bothers you about the results? maybe by letting us know what your issues are, we can pinpoint some advice and point you in the right direction.
    I almost threw my ovaries at him. - Trenell

• myCeliamyCelia Posts: 195Registered Users
    Oh, please don't shave it! It looks great!

Here's the before/after pics thread.

myCelia :)
    What's working: MOP-C Hydrating Shampoo roots only EOD, Elucence Moisture Balancing conditioner or Biolage Conditioning Balm; style with Innersense Quiet Calm Curl Control, and the AMAZING KCCC!
    http://public.fotki.com/myCelia111/
    2'ish, fine/medium ii, non-porous hair.
    Whats riot curl on about?sorry im not to good with riddles or what shes trying to say?
    Well idk even know what the no-poo method is other then to not use shampoos lol :[
  • ScrappyTamScrappyTam Posts: 470Registered Users
    I'm a newbie here too. My last shampooing was on 7/8. Here's what I've gotten out of the no poo method...

1 - Curly hair tends to be drier than other types of hair. The sulfates that are in most shampoos tend to dry out curly hair even more. If you look at the ingredients, most shampoos will have sulfates as their top ingredients after water.

2 - The idea is to use conditioner to clean the roots of your hair. You will probably use quite a bit of condish doing this, so I use a cheap condish for my co-wash. IMPORTANT: When buying conditioners for your hair, stay away from those that have silicones in them. These ingredients tend to end in the word..*cone. Silicones build up on your hair and need to be removed by the sulfates in shampoo. If they build up, your hair will look greasy.

3 - So, stay away from sulfates & silicones!!

4 - After doing a co-wash, condition your hairl as before. Some people can use the same conditioner as the co-wash...some need a richer conditioner. Rinse.

5 - Here's where you may have to experiment. I will add a leave-in condish and then add a styling gel (NO 'cones!). Put these on in the shower while your hair is still dripping wet. I really does make a difference.

6 - Air dry/plop/diffuse your hair. I plop, then air dry. Try to not touch your hair until it is dry. This helps to keep the curl definition and the frizzies down.

you will probably have to experiment to see which brands work for you. I suggest starting out with the cheapest brands to see if they work for you. So far, The Suave Naturals and the Nourish & Refresh at Trader Joes are the cheapest.

Does this help?

ps: don't forget, it may take a while for your hair to get adjusted to the routine. don't give up quickly!
    I almost threw my ovaries at him. - Trenell

• nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    I would give a pinky toe to have your curls. (not really, but they look great to me!)
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • PwniePwnie Posts: 29Registered Users
    Aw! While your curls sure are beautiful, I also don't think there's anything wrong with shaving your head. ;p I've always wanted to!
    Eww no then id look gangster if i shaved my head thanks for the encouragement of shaving my head tho.
    :[ lol that was kinda a good hair day my hair doesnt look like that right now :[ I mean i dont even put anything in my gay hair Except for like a month ago after gettig my hair trimmed like 3-4 inches.. my hair felt extra frizzy and poofy and dry so i looked up something for like a natural way to get my hair oily or what not and i put castor oil in my hair oh and believe me i either put to much or i did something wrong my hair looked like it was soaked even couple hours after my hair should of dry..So i panicd and i couldnt take my hair being like that either so i decided to use Dawn dishsoap to get the castor oil out and boy did that due a beatening on my hair :[.Then i used this sample clarifying shampoo i got from great clips and that didnt really help so i went to walgreens and bought this disgusting conditioner Africas best super gro and that didnt do anything good for my hair either

Conditioner i used
    Below with ingredients took a while to read the little container and type it up :[
    Africa's Best Maximum Strength super grow
    here are the ingrediants.i used this like 3-4 times.

Petrolatum,isopropyl,myristate,coconut oil,cocoa butter,almond oil,sesame seed oil,olive oil,castor oil,carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, And rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract,and arnica montana flower extract and capsicum frutescens fruit,extract,and echinacea purpurea extract, and centella asiatica extract and cola acuminata seed extract, acetamide MEA , Hydrolyzed hair keratin,Panthnol,Soritbol,Sodium cocoyl collagen amino acid,cocoyl sarcosine, Wheat germ acid, Wheat germ oil,Linolenic acid,linoleic acid,sulfur,Polysorbate 80,oleth 10,jojoba oil,tocopheryl acetate,Hydrolyzed lycosaminoglycans,Propylene glycol and urtica dioica (nettle) extract and nasturtium officinale extract and salvia officinalis (sage) leaf extract, methyl paraben,propyl paraben,Fragnance,cayenne pepper,ginseng,Black pepper
  • boarderhopperboarderhopper Banned Posts: 295Banned Users
    you really should get it cut...maybe not shaved but at least give it some kind of shape so you can style it.
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I like shaved men. I say go for it. :wink: It'll grow back.
  • AG.AG. Posts: 1,519Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I respect your decision, but
    Don't cut your hair!!!

I'm growing out my hair too, and I know it's not easy, but, don't give up.

With all due respect, I think you're making decisions while being desperate.

Let us help you. Why are you cutting your hair?

Don't try something new before asking at NC.com

Northern Colombia.
    lol :[ so far day 7 and my hair has been dryyy :[ idk what to do..
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    Maybe you have a protein sensitivity? That usually causes dry hair, and the conditioner you listed above has protein in it. And I'm pretty sure petrolatum isn't CG and is also very drying.
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
  • Koukla72Koukla72 Posts: 1,680Registered Users
    Edited due to a cyberstalker. Sorry, guys. :(
  • amy51373amy51373 Posts: 1,205Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm going to have to agree that the conditioner listed above may be a culprit. Wheat anything in any hair product makes my hair straw like and that one has a couple wheat products in it. I'd recommend a simple Suave or VO5 conditioner like Koukla recommended to use as a co-wash.
    mostly 3a/fine/high porosity/low density
    Cleanse: Bosley shampoo and conditioner
    Stylers: Boots Curl Cream, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Curl Keeper
    Gels: Volumax, Biolage, EcoStyler, BRHG
    Shea butter to scrunch out the crunch and seal
    Modified CG since Feb 2008
  • celticgoddesscelticgoddess Posts: 92Registered Users
    omfg i hope you've decided not to chop it. that's a gorgeous head of hair. o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2c/3a
    "Being a redhead comes from within. Redheadedness is a quality of the person, a state of mind. Red hair is simply an external, physical, manifestation, and a sure giveaway of this state of mind. Because of its beauty, red hair also is a special gift of nature given to redheads in appreciation for our special role in human society. We are only "different" because there are so few of us." -G. Adam Stanislav
    idk what to doo i dont wanna have to use any products on my hairr and all ive been using is my hands and water and it still feels dry after my heads not wet anymore... :[ please helllppp schools like 9 days away and omg i dont know what to do

i cant use any conditioners on my hair.. they dont do anything but make it feel like a broom stick lolll or straw like :[[[
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    omfg i hope you've decided not to chop it. that's a gorgeous head of hair. o.o

I know! His hair is gorgeous.

CurlyJoshua, it sounds like you may have a protein sensitivity, or that the petrolatum just built up a bit. A classic sign of protein sensitvity is hair that feels like straw.

I'm assumig that you're in the US? If you like, the curlies here could give you some help on protein free conditioners that are available to you.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • mattlymattly Posts: 8Registered Users
    josh: dude, i seriously hope you didn't cut that off; while there are fewer things in the world i would hate to do more than relive high school again, having hair like that might just make it worth it.

please stick it out and find something to help your dryness issues. You're going to eventually learn to accept your hair sooner or later, and believe me, you want to do it sooner.
    male, 3b/c.
    last hair cut: march 2009 (and I really regret that, but it's a long story my lawyer advises me not to tell)
    last shampoo: early august 2008

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file