We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Pretty Anntoinets

SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.prettyanntoinets.com%2F" class="Popup

Some nice stuff. I bought a hair tube and scarf wrap, which I wish closed with velcro rather than hook and eye, but it's pretty.

ETA the scarf wrap does close with velcro.
My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

Comments

• KitathenaKitathena Posts: 1,666Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It says "error" when I click on the link :(
    00f0fe4a-6e80-4412-94d4-a8bc465cb7ae_zps1be28d8c.jpg?t=1377261778
    My blogs: NewlyNatural.com
    My fotki pw:hair
  • KitathenaKitathena Posts: 1,666Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I just googled it though and they are pretty. I've been thinking about getting a silk scarf...does it make that much difference as opposed to satin?
    00f0fe4a-6e80-4412-94d4-a8bc465cb7ae_zps1be28d8c.jpg?t=1377261778
    My blogs: NewlyNatural.com
    My fotki pw:hair
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't think so. I have both silk and acetate satin scarves. I choose by pattern and color. Of course the silk ones do feel softer.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
  • TLMMMTLMMM Posts: 457Registered Users
    I'm almost sold on the bonnets claiming to protect a twist out...almost.
  • mikosbellemikosbelle Posts: 363Registered Users
    I bought the Habotai silk scarf from www.honeyfig.com. So far when I tie it up it is staying on my head at night. I may however try the bonnet though. I wish I could make something or buy something that is small enough to protect a 2 year old's head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]4A hair type, looking for healthy hair suggestions and improved styling techniques

my hair pics:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmikosbelle%2F" class="Popup
    no pw needed

Currently experimeting with: MOP TOP :smurf:

My staple product lines are Qhemet, Afroveda, Kinky-Curly, Oyin, and Curl Junkie :D

Favorite combo: Afroveda pur whipped gelly + Kinky-Curly Curling Custard:angel8:
    I wish I could make something or buy something that is small enough to protect a 2 year old's head.

Email her with the product suggestion. I've been searching for silk scrunchie's (they are quite hard to find) and I suggested she add those to her product line.
    comic-p.jpg

I now have a silk beanie that I wear at night over my twists, and a lovely silk scarf that doesn't slip off. It's like chiffon or something. Still very happy with my fuschia silk scarf wrap protecting my hairline at night.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.prettyanntoinets.com%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

• EkuaSoulEkuaSoul Posts: 870Registered Users
    Thanks for posting this... I wouldn't mind getting a beanie for wearing under my hats in the wintertime. Hats taking out my moisture was a big issue for me last winter. And you don't go without a hat in the winter here in the Chi!
    EkuaSoul - Ninja PJ :batman:
    AyurNatural Beauty
    Facebook | Blog | Hair

• coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    I have her silk bonnet. I LOVE it and it never slips out. Been using it for a year! I'm looking to get more of her stuff in the near future :thumbup:
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • LynneryLynnery Posts: 303Registered Users
    I would love to have the silk beanie to wear under my hats but I like to leave some of my hair out in the front. I wonder if it would still stay on.

event.png
    Last relaxer-3/16/08
    Type 4a thick hair
    www.fotki.com/cluelessaka updated March 2010

event.png
  • justicefighter1913justicefighter1913 Posts: 253Registered Users
    :happy7:oooooh! These look interesting! I might have to give them a try, especially when it gets cold....
    Hair goals: 1) healthy hair 2) BSL by 12/10:viking:
    Recovering from a "scissor happy stylist "setback:tongue2:
    My Fotki: A work in progress:clock:
  • hypnotichypnotic Posts: 613Registered Users
    has anyone ordered a beanie yet? would it be visible under my hat?
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50, Nexxus Aloe Rid
    Detangling Conditioner: Oyin Honey Hemp, EO Sweet Orange
    Cowash Conditioner:
    Suave Naturals Sea Breeze, V05 Tea Therapy, Oyin Honey Hemp
    Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, Spa Siam Coconut Hair Mask, Yes to Carrots Mud Mask
    Leave-in Conditioner: Afroveda NU Milk Hair Conditioner, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta Leave-in, Knot Today
    Stylers: SheaMoisture, JC Nourish and Shine, Burdock Root Butter Cream, Afroveda CocoLatte Moisture Mask
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    i have the beanie...and i don't think it will show under your hat. what type of hat? i was bit disappointed that the beanie is a tad on the small side...it is a tight fit for me.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • totallytwisted<3totallytwisted<3 Posts: 228Registered Users
    I have the beanie and the bonnet. The silk is definitely softer than satin and you don't feel the elastic because it is coated in silk. The beanie was an excellent buy, except i do wish it was bigger as well because of the volume of my hair. The service was great, it shipped and arrived super quick. She scents the box.
    Last Relaxer December 4, 2008
    BC Date March 13, 2009

Ultimate hair goal: APL braidout / WL straight

event.png

Current Loves are henna & hair steaming

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmembers.fotki.com%2Fbacktobasics%2Fabout" class="Popup UPDATED!!! 8/07/10
    I have the beanie and the bonnet. The silk is definitely softer than satin and you don't feel the elastic because it is coated in silk. The beanie was an excellent buy, except i do wish it was bigger as well because of the volume of my hair. The service was great, it shipped and arrived super quick. She scents the box.

i agree, the beanie is a good buy.

my box wasn't scented... :sad10:
    when I bought my bonnet (over a year ago) she had little pillows made of silk and stuffed with lavender flowers. Made the package smell nice and now my panty drawer smells great :)
    sniff...no scented sachet for me...

i did buy mine just two or three weeks ago.

i bought the loc tube (don't have locs) and the beanie. i thought the bonnets were also made of silk and not satin.
    coilynapp wrote: »
    when I bought my bonnet (over a year ago) she had little pillows made of silk and stuffed with lavender flowers. Made the package smell nice and now my panty drawer smells great :)
    She sent me one and I loved it! Wanted to buy more but she doesn't have them on the site, it was old stock. I went searching and found a dream pillow on this site. Not as elegant, not silk, but it's my binky when I go to sleep. I think they have lavender ones too.
    comic-p.jpg

• hypnotichypnotic Posts: 613Registered Users
    Thanks for the replies. I will order today.
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50, Nexxus Aloe Rid
    Detangling Conditioner: Oyin Honey Hemp, EO Sweet Orange
    Cowash Conditioner:
    Suave Naturals Sea Breeze, V05 Tea Therapy, Oyin Honey Hemp
    Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, Spa Siam Coconut Hair Mask, Yes to Carrots Mud Mask
    Leave-in Conditioner: Afroveda NU Milk Hair Conditioner, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta Leave-in, Knot Today
    Stylers: SheaMoisture, JC Nourish and Shine, Burdock Root Butter Cream, Afroveda CocoLatte Moisture Mask
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    Bumping this thread because I've been looking into purchasing a real silk bonnet. The ones at the BSS or Walmart are NOT real satin/silk and that's really aggravating. I took a look at this site and these look really nice.
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
    I have the loc tube (but I don't have locs), and I like it a lot. It doesn't leave a mark on my forehead, although it is secure and stays on while sleeping. Oh...and it doesn't cause my head to get too hot during the night. I am thinking about buying a second one. I have had mine for at least a year.
    CocoT wrote: »
    Bumping this thread because I've been looking into purchasing a real silk bonnet. The ones at the BSS or Walmart are NOT real satin/silk and that's really aggravating. I took a look at this site and these look really nice.
    The ones are the BSS or Walmart are NOT silk but they are SATIN. You cannot buy silk for $4.99. Satin and silk are two completely different things. So there is no such thing as satin/silk.

I love my silk bonnet from PA. I might get this loc sock Zinnia is talking about
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,677Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I am getting "page not found" on the link in post #1. Does anyone have an updated link?
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
    The ones are the BSS or Walmart are NOT silk but they are SATIN. You cannot buy silk for $4.99. Satin and silk are two completely different things. So there is no such thing as satin/silk.

I love my silk bonnet from PA. I might get this loc sock Zinnia is talking about
    I didn't mean satin/silk like they were one fabric, I meant satin or silk. And I was looking at the tag inside my bonnets and scarves that I have that claimed to be satin but they contain polyester, rayon and nylon blends. I have found that satin, once upon a time, used to be derived specifically from silk. But nowadays, it is made from polyester and nylon fabrics. Satin just describes the finish of the fabric and that's not what I wanted. I felt bamboozled.lol

Anyways, I bought a silk bonnet from here and I hope I love it. I wear the satin bonnets from the BSS but I've noticed that they're not very breathable and my hair strands snag on them.
    11.gif
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
    Spiralli wrote: »
    I am getting "page not found" on the link in post #1. Does anyone have an updated link?
    Pretty AnntoiNet's, Silk Hair Lingerie and Accessories
    11.gif
    -Albert Einstein
  • Storm_N _MomStorm_N _Mom Posts: 259Registered Users

@ The bolded--actually, in the past all satin was made from silk, and can still be had for a premium price, as I own numerous yards of various colors in my fabric stash.
    Storm BC'd 12/30/09 (my gorgeous dd), low porosity, thick density, medium-coarse texture?, elasticity ?
    Mom BC'd 5/31/10, fine texture, low porosity, normal density, low elasticity
    Last relaxer, July 2008
    Hair Type: HUMAN
    Our HGs: Hair steamer, KCCC, AOHSR, generic conditioning balm conditioner
    other products:FSG, KT, EO condish, KBBHN, EWNOC, DMBC, DMDCC, NG, EVOO, Almond Oil, Maha Bhringol oil, Henna & Ayurvedic powders

@ The bolded--actually, in the past all satin was made from silk, and can still be had for a premium price, as I own numerous yards of various colors in my fabric stash.

didn't know that

I know the other satin you are talking about. I've even had a dress made from me out of it. But that's not the satin in the BSS

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file