We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

America's Next Top Model ?

deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Is anyone still watching ?? Wednesday's are now one of my favorite TV nights..... ANTM and LOST....

I think Nic will win and Nicole will be second...


~d
Liam: 6 years old
Colin: 3 years old
Location: Williamsburg, Virginia
Member Since: August 2000
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.
«13

Comments

  • keskes Posts: 27Registered Users
    I think it's between Nic & Nicole also, but Nic will probably win. Or maybe they will throw us for a loop and Bre will win! I'm just glad Jayla is finally gone.
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,380Registered Users
    They started talking about Bre's height last night being her downfall.

    I voted for Nic- although any of them would be good, I like her personality the best and her picture last night was awesome.

    ETA very interesting that Nigel's half Sri Lankan- his mother was so beautiful and graceful!
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I am having a slight "reality show spat" with my coworker about Nicole... she says that yesterday she said something nasty about Jayla too... after the walk about not wanting to go with her either... or something..

    I watched the whole thing and didn't hear it.. did anyone else...

    ~d
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
    Location: Williamsburg, Virginia
    Member Since: August 2000
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Bre and Nic's hair is awesome. I have been routing for my curly girls since day one.

    Bre being short shouldn't matter for this show-look at Eva she was/is short too!

    My favorite is Nic. She has a very different look and I like it.

    For some reason, I think Nicole is boring but she takes awsome pictures.
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

    mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs29.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fc252%2Fwavezncurlz%2Fhair%2F" class="Popup
    password: curlzorwavez
  • *Ani**Ani* Posts: 351Registered Users
    I am having a slight "reality show spat" with my coworker about Nicole... she says that yesterday she said something nasty about Jayla too... after the walk about not wanting to go with her either... or something..

    I watched the whole thing and didn't hear it.. did anyone else...

    ~d

    she said that she wouldnt have wanted to go with Jayla either...either meaning with either Jayla or Bre.

    As far as who will win, I have no idea. It seems like Nik is the frontrunner but the last few winners have been really unique looking people like Naima...and Nik is really, really unique looking. I wonder if that is to her disadvantage.

    I think nicole takes beautiful pictures, but there is something about her that just doesnt exude star quality to me.

    I love bre because she has such gorgeous curly hair and she seems real, raw, and emotional like most 20 year old would be in a similar situation.
    On Rush Limbaugh: Rather than engage in the admittedly difficult task of justifying GOP policies rationally, the key to Limbaugh’s success is attracting an audience that actually yearns to be lied to.
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    I just think Nik would be the one most likely to hold up in a career as a model! Bre and Nicole are both SO emotional.

    Looks-wise, I think Bre is the best left. She is stunning, and her photos stand out, too. All three photograph well, and Nicole just seems very, very mainstream when you see her standing around talking. It was surprising to me when I saw Nicole's pictures and how good they were, because she seems better in them than in person.

    I don't think Nik seems very attractive standing around, either, but she's more interesting. And I just like her overall. She may be more boring personality-wise, because she's a pro about it. To me, that's a good thing!

    I thought Jayla was the prettiest girl in the whole competition but am glad she's gone-she got by on her looks far too long for someone who can't take a good photo.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

    But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • *Ani**Ani* Posts: 351Registered Users
    NetG wrote:
    I just think Nik would be the one most likely to hold up in a career as a model! Bre and Nicole are both SO emotional.

    Looks-wise, I think Bre is the best left. She is stunning, and her photos stand out, too. All three photograph well, and Nicole just seems very, very mainstream when you see her standing around talking. It was surprising to me when I saw Nicole's pictures and how good they were, because she seems better in them than in person.

    I don't think Nik seems very attractive standing around, either, but she's more interesting. And I just like her overall. She may be more boring personality-wise, because she's a pro about it. To me, that's a good thing!

    I thought Jayla was the prettiest girl in the whole competition but am glad she's gone-she got by on her looks far too long for someone who can't take a good photo.

    I dont know about nicole, she seems a bit spacy or something. But she's funny the way she phrases things like in confessional she said, "I dont know about the granola bars of which she speaks"...and some other weird but funny stuff.

    I would say that Bre and Nicole are the most emotional and immature of the bunch.

    Nik seems to be very mature if not somewhat cut throat based on the things she said on last night's episode.


    And I used to think Jayla was weird looking and elfish, but after her last photo shoot where they had to recreate a famous painting, she took such a lovely photo. It seems like Jayla could have a career as a model with a little more direction and practice. Maybe how she blew off Mr. Jay was evidence of her not really applying herself and that's why most of her photos were less than they could have been.
    On Rush Limbaugh: Rather than engage in the admittedly difficult task of justifying GOP policies rationally, the key to Limbaugh’s success is attracting an audience that actually yearns to be lied to.
  • AmberWavesAmberWaves Posts: 231Registered Users
    I voted for Nicole, not because she should win, but because I think she will win. They are all such pretty girls and will all probably make good models. I was surprised that Nik said she was also keeping her enemies (Bre) close!!! Whoa!!! Didn't know she had it in her.

    Anyway, except for Eva, they never really choose the person I think should win. Last season I thought Kahlen was the better choice of the final two. Naima is cute, but so common and boring in my opinion.

    Who really knows what the outcome will be. I thought it would be Lisa.
    AmberWaves
    3c/4a
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Spider wrote:

    ETA very interesting that Nigel's half Sri Lankan- his mother was so beautiful and graceful!

    Nigel is hot. He was okay as a kid, somewhat gawky. But fast forward to his teens/early 20's and he just "popped," to use their words. Did y'all see that picture with his mom and their dog? OMG, gorgeous.
  • smallpeassmallpeas Posts: 162Registered Users
    medussa wrote:
    Spider wrote:
    ETA very interesting that Nigel's half Sri Lankan- his mother was so beautiful and graceful!
    Nigel is hot. He was okay as a kid, somewhat gawky. But fast forward to his teens/early 20's and he just "popped," to use their words. Did y'all see that picture with his mom and their dog? OMG, gorgeous.
    Medussa, we seem to like all the same men. :lol:
    I haven't watched this season, but Nigel is hot hot hot.

  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I am having a slight "reality show spat" with my coworker about Nicole... she says that yesterday she said something nasty about Jayla too... after the walk about not wanting to go with her either... or something..

    I watched the whole thing and didn't hear it.. did anyone else...

    I heard it. Nicole told Nik that she wouldn't have wanted to go with Jayla either.

    What did Jayla say to Nik about her feelings toward her? I think she came clean but the audio during that moment was so bad, either because of that damn background music they always play or because my $2,000 Bose home theatre system is crapping out on me. Can anyone tell me what she said?

    Okay, not to sound snarky, but it suprised me to hear Nik say she's never had Indian food. :shock: Are there no Indian restaurants in Atlanta?
  • *Ani**Ani* Posts: 351Registered Users
    AmberWaves wrote:
    I voted for Nicole, not because she should win, but because I think she will win. They are all such pretty girls and will all probably make good models. I was surprised that Nik said she was also keeping her enemies (Bre) close!!! Whoa!!! Didn't know she had it in her.

    Anyway, except for Eva, they never really choose the person I think should win. Last season I thought Kahlen was the better choice of the final two. Naima is cute, but so common and boring in my opinion.

    Who really knows what the outcome will be. I thought it would be Lisa.

    I dont think there is anything common about naima. She has to be one of the most unique contestants they ever had.

    But I agree, she comes off as very boring especially since she got rid of her mohawk.

    I'm not sure I felt that Kahlen should have won when I watched last season, but I do think she would have been a more versatile model/versatile career now that I see how blah Naima has become.

    And I think you are right, I think Nicole or Nik will win, but I think Nik probably wont win because she is similar to the last 2 winners with the really unique looks. Nik looks like a black Uma Thurman to me.

    Nigel is cute. Sometimes I think he has a crush on some of the models.
    On Rush Limbaugh: Rather than engage in the admittedly difficult task of justifying GOP policies rationally, the key to Limbaugh’s success is attracting an audience that actually yearns to be lied to.
  • *Ani**Ani* Posts: 351Registered Users
    medussa wrote:
    I am having a slight "reality show spat" with my coworker about Nicole... she says that yesterday she said something nasty about Jayla too... after the walk about not wanting to go with her either... or something..

    I watched the whole thing and didn't hear it.. did anyone else...

    I heard it. Nicole told Nik that she wouldn't have wanted to go with Jayla either.

    What did Jayla say to Nik about her feelings toward her? I think she came clean but the audio during that moment was so bad, either because of that damn background music they always play or because my $2,000 Bose home theatre system is crapping out on me. Can anyone tell me what she said?

    Okay, not to sound snarky, but it suprised me to hear Nik say she's never had Indian food. :shock: Are there no Indian restaurants in Atlanta?

    There are several really good Indian restaurants in Atlanta.

    LOL at what Nik said. I think she comes across better the less she says based on some of the wacky stuff she said last episode.
    On Rush Limbaugh: Rather than engage in the admittedly difficult task of justifying GOP policies rationally, the key to Limbaugh’s success is attracting an audience that actually yearns to be lied to.
  • ursulaursula Posts: 1,461Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    As far as who will win, I have no idea. It seems like Nik is the frontrunner but the last few winners have been really unique looking people like Naima...and Nik is really, really unique looking. I wonder if that is to her disadvantage.

    Besides that, to be blunt about it, Nik would be the third light-skinned black woman to win. Tyra addressed the fact that two black woman were in the finals two seasons ago (Eva & Ya Ya) in a kind of defensive way. It's starting to seem like they're creating an army of mini-Tyras! I happen to think that Nic would be the best choice this time around. Last season, I was a big Kahlen fan, and I'm disappointed that she didn't win.
    In search of a lost signature...
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    My younger sis says, "no way Nik will win. They've got a lot of non-white winners already." I had to remind her that the first two winners were white, Eva is black and Naima multiracial (she's said black, Mexican and Irish). It could either way at this point, but I'm rooting for Nik. She takes great pictures, she's mature and sophisticated. I think she would represent ANTM well.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    ursula wrote:
    As far as who will win, I have no idea. It seems like Nik is the frontrunner but the last few winners have been really unique looking people like Naima...and Nik is really, really unique looking. I wonder if that is to her disadvantage.
    Besides that, to be blunt about it, Nik would be the third light-skinned black woman to win.

    You posted as I was writing. My sister said the same thing you did.

    I hope Tyra doesn't send Nik packing based on that perception.
  • *Ani**Ani* Posts: 351Registered Users
    medussa wrote:
    ursula wrote:
    As far as who will win, I have no idea. It seems like Nik is the frontrunner but the last few winners have been really unique looking people like Naima...and Nik is really, really unique looking. I wonder if that is to her disadvantage.
    Besides that, to be blunt about it, Nik would be the third light-skinned black woman to win.

    You posted as I was writing. My sister said the same thing you did.

    I hope Tyra doesn't send Nik packing based on that perception.

    My sister said the same thing, but then again, maybe the audience of the show wouldnt mind as they voted Naima model of the week practically every week....the season before that Toccara was the favorite with the audience.....and this year the audience favorite seems to be between Diana, Bre, and Nik.

    However, I can understand why Tyra would want to avoid her show being seen as a vehicle for only one type of model.

    By the way, Yohanna House is Mexican or partially Mexican if I recall correctly.
    On Rush Limbaugh: Rather than engage in the admittedly difficult task of justifying GOP policies rationally, the key to Limbaugh’s success is attracting an audience that actually yearns to be lied to.
  • *Ani**Ani* Posts: 351Registered Users
    ursula wrote:
    As far as who will win, I have no idea. It seems like Nik is the frontrunner but the last few winners have been really unique looking people like Naima...and Nik is really, really unique looking. I wonder if that is to her disadvantage.

    Besides that, to be blunt about it, Nik would be the third light-skinned black woman to win. Tyra addressed the fact that two black woman were in the finals two seasons ago (Eva & Ya Ya) in a kind of defensive way. It's starting to seem like they're creating an army of mini-Tyras! I happen to think that Nic would be the best choice this time around. Last season, I was a big Kahlen fan, and I'm disappointed that she didn't win.


    I think you may, unfortunately, be right. She may not want 3 black winners in a row.

    Not to mention that Eva, Naima, and Nik are all similar types as you said...light complected black women, etc.
    On Rush Limbaugh: Rather than engage in the admittedly difficult task of justifying GOP policies rationally, the key to Limbaugh’s success is attracting an audience that actually yearns to be lied to.
  • SuperCurlSuperCurl Posts: 111Registered Users
    I voted for Nic..........I think she is just stunning! I don't watch it every week, but when I tune in, I'm always glad to see she is still there!
    3a/b fine but lots of it!
    HG's:BRHG, AG Re:Coil, LOVING Curls Ecstasy Hair Tea Condish!

    _______________________________________
    My 6 y/o dd drew it!
  • Jenny CJenny C Posts: 1,195Registered Users
    Am I the only one who doesn't find Nic attractive? I think she's kind of funny looking. I thin Bre is the prettiest of them all and then Nicole.

    I never thought Naima was pretty either, but she did have a cool look last year and she took good pictures.

    It kind of doesn't matter who wins because they seem to disappear once they win anyway. I have yet to see any of them in an ad or commercial, unless it's one aired during the show. Acutally that's not true, I did Naima in something and she looked horrible. She had some weird afro going on that was not flattering.
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • *Ani**Ani* Posts: 351Registered Users
    Yoanna House has a show on the Style network and Elyse (she didnt win) I have seen in several fashion shows...she is a working model.

    So I guess a couple of them have made it somewhat.

    I googled Elyse's name and found this..

    5o9urr.jpg
    On Rush Limbaugh: Rather than engage in the admittedly difficult task of justifying GOP policies rationally, the key to Limbaugh’s success is attracting an audience that actually yearns to be lied to.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Jenny C wrote:
    It kind of doesn't matter who wins because they seem to disappear once they win anyway. I have yet to see any of them in an ad or commercial, unless it's one aired during the show.

    LOL. I was telling my sister the other day that the show's name should be changed from America's Next Top Model, to just America's Next Model. Or maybe Tyra's Next Model. :lol:
  • *Ani**Ani* Posts: 351Registered Users
    It is weird how they are "Covergirls" but never in the real Covergirl commercials. I wonder why.
    On Rush Limbaugh: Rather than engage in the admittedly difficult task of justifying GOP policies rationally, the key to Limbaugh’s success is attracting an audience that actually yearns to be lied to.
  • KurleeKurlee Posts: 1,354Registered Users
    I hope Nik wins. Not because she is the prettiest, but because she seems to be the most mature of them. She seems cool. I think Nicole is very pretty but she is so much like a teenager. I can't see her as a spokes person for a cosmetics line. I think I have heard they want the model who wins to kinda be a person young women can look up to... Can only see Nik being able to do that.

    I used to like Bre but I really didn't like the way she acted in the Granola bar/Energy drink situation.

    The one I want to win never wins though. I wanted Yaya and Kahlen to win. Never understood whey they picked Eva and Naima.. But oh well. So Nik will not win, just because I think she should. :wink:

    And yeah, it is weird how they all become very annonymous after they have won..

  • deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Annika, not to guano I edited your post by mistake instead of quoting you... since I am a guide I can edit others post..

    please forgive me.. :( :(

    ~d

    see what I added.... oops.. I feel horrible I tried backing out of it but couldn't
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
    Location: Williamsburg, Virginia
    Member Since: August 2000
  • SaKkehSaKkeh Posts: 986Registered Users
    Is anyone still watching ?? Wednesday's are now one of my favorite TV nights..... ANTM and LOST....

    I think Nic will win and Nicole will be second...


    ~d

    I didnt think I would still be watching after they kicked off the only person with spunk on the show (Lisa), but funnily, I still am, although the winner is sooooooo predictable. Its going to be Nik of course. I have grown to like her more and more...I like her calm spirit and I have realised that she is playing her hand very smartly...but she still comes across as too reserved. Nigel is completely in love with her though!!!!!! He just lights up when he is speaking to her! Its so obvious....LOL....
    Oh by the way, he looks hotter sitting behind the desk (GRIN)
    Bre completely surprised me with her behaviour over the past two weeks. She has become unscrewed. Nik has remained so calm, its amazing....and she wasnt pleased with Bre's behaviour...she seems to be a really solid girl....she just needs to show another side to her personality that will make her stand way out from Nicole now.
    I see Nicole being eliminated. She takes beautiful pictures, but is so blah and whiny. I think Bre is going to completely fall apart next week.
  • Jenny CJenny C Posts: 1,195Registered Users
    medussa wrote:
    Jenny C wrote:
    It kind of doesn't matter who wins because they seem to disappear once they win anyway. I have yet to see any of them in an ad or commercial, unless it's one aired during the show.

    LOL. I was telling my sister the other day that the show's name should be changed from America's Next Top Model, to just America's Next Model. Or maybe Tyra's Next Model. :lol:

    HA! I call it America's Next Nobody.
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • *Ani**Ani* Posts: 351Registered Users
    Annika, not to guano I edited your post by mistake instead of quoting you... since I am a guide I can edit others post..

    please forgive me.. :( :(

    ~d

    see what I added.... oops.. I feel horrible I tried backing out of it but couldn't

    oh no problem...nice picture.

    I would have wondered for a long time how that picture ended up in my post.
    On Rush Limbaugh: Rather than engage in the admittedly difficult task of justifying GOP policies rationally, the key to Limbaugh’s success is attracting an audience that actually yearns to be lied to.
  • SaKkehSaKkeh Posts: 986Registered Users
    Kurlee wrote:
    I think I have heard they want the model who wins to kinda be a person young women can look up to... Can only see Nik being able to do that.


    Yes, definitely.
  • SaKkehSaKkeh Posts: 986Registered Users
    Jenny C wrote:
    Am I the only one who doesn't find Nic attractive? I think she's kind of funny looking.

    I didnt think she was much at first, but each time I watch, I see how stunning she is, or can be made up to be. Yes, she is sort of "funny looking", but thats what's pretty about her to me.
    Bre is pretty but I dont see model when I look at her. She would be good in soap and hair commercials though.
«13

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file