ACV rinse or not on CG ? (Ive got damaged hair)

BecciBecci Posts: 401Registered Users
Ok, so Ive been doing DT everyday for 6 days now as my hair was in a state. However I think its starting to look better now but no matter how hard I try I cant rid my hair of the old conditioner and now my hair is a bit crunchy and even after I scrunch it, its still crunchy.

For background on my hair and whats been going on, Please see link: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=50817

So should I do a ACV rinse? If so how much do I add to how much water?

I will attach 2 pics also. One is today (6 days into CG) and one is when I was using shampoo.:laughing7:
From U.K & started CG 13th July 08 :thumbleft:

Using VO5 Moisture Milks Passion Fruit Smoothie for co-washing and conditioning.

Using Boots curl creme

Considering going Mod-CG and using H&S once a week to prevent build up, flakes and other nastys.:confused3:

Comments

• Riot CrrlRiot Crrl Posts: 3,135Registered Users
    It looks like it's improving.

I don't see why not to try a vinegar rinse. I use a couple tablespoons in a pint of water.
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    It can't hurt I say go for it, it may help with any frizz you have too! Glad to see your hair is improving Becci-its looks beautiful in that first photo not nearly as damaged as it did before! the dts are working!
  • BecciBecci Posts: 401Registered Users
    Thank you for the compliment. Means alot to hear you say that about mine when both of your hairs are georgous!

Still got a long way to go but Im getting there and Im learning loads to.

Ive done the ACV rinse and I Co-washed with a new CO to (Original source mint and t- tree) was lovely until I got it in my eye..... ouch... lol

Ive also tried deffusing it to dry it but I look like a poodle and I have seriously BIG hair! (but it isnt frizzy!)

Anyway, it feels clean again so Im happy, oh and Ive got myself the CG book coming and a Hot cap thing for DT and hot oil treatments (the ones where you put the hair dryer into a nozzle) so Im getting there.

Using VO5 Moisture Milks Passion Fruit Smoothie for co-washing and conditioning.

Using Boots curl creme

Considering going Mod-CG and using H&S once a week to prevent build up, flakes and other nastys.:confused3:
    methinks u r becoming a pj! Yay! I can't diffuse either but at least you aren't getting frizz! Thats one of the worst things about curly hair! Rock the big hair!
    Kat180 - I think your right.. lol:laughing7:

Oh and its 9.46am and I pinappled my hair last night and gues what (didnt think I was ever going to be able to say this)... BUT ITS STILL NOT FRIZZY! :thumright:

So how often can I do ACV rinses then?

Using Boots curl creme

Most people seem to do them once a week, I wouldn't do it every day but I think if its diluted down you could prob do it 2/3 times a week, I guess if your hair starts to feel odd with it then just use it less. Another person was asking about this recently http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=50767
    Cool.. I think I will stick to Sundays then..
    ... Thinks...

Sunday is the day I started CG, started my daugter on CG, Got my partner shampooing only but CG every other day, do my DT and now a ACV rinse to...

I swear soon Sunday will be classed "Becci and familys Hair day" :laughing7:

(speaking of which could I use ACV on my 17 month old daughters hair?)

Using Boots curl creme

No reason why not its completely natural. I would dilute it down though. Maybe get another mothers opinion on this one though! Id hate to say go for it and then your little one come out in a rash/reaction or something!

Btw - thank you for the compliment on my own hair!
    Ok, will check it out. Ive been speaking with my dad today and he says when I was young he used to rinse my hair with vinigar water but it was normal malt vinigar like the stuff you put on chips! :laughing7:

Using Boots curl creme

• Riot CrrlRiot Crrl Posts: 3,135Registered Users
    Remember little kids' hair and skin are not supposed to be as acidic as adults'. I'm not sure how fast it raises up or what a 17 month old should be, but newborns are almost neutral.
    Ok, I think I will leave it for now. If she gets a build up or something then I might just dilute some of her old baby shampoo and use that until she gets older.

Thank you for the responses.

Using Boots curl creme

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file