CurlTalk

NY2C - a cheap haircut possible?

confusedmaidenconfusedmaiden Posts: 59Registered Users
Wondering if any NYC (or North Jersey) 2c wavy ladies have any stylist suggestions? I'm looking for a reasonably priced trim or deep conditioning treatment. When I had long hair I went to Madora Long Hair Heaven for treatments and trims, they were quite good but they were so expensive... and as you know I now have shoulder length hair. They were also a bit more straight hair oriented, which was fine when my hair was long and stretched out but not so much now that it's shorter and wavier/curlier.

I know Devachan is big on here, and I can't wait to get there when I have the money, but do you all have some more cost-effective suggestions? Many of you seem unhappy with Ouidad, and it is another expensive option... what about those of us who can't afford more than $30 or $40 a session? Are we doomed to bad stylists?
My Fotki Page
pw: lemonade

2a/2b/2c i & ii. Very frizz prone in front, sides and canopy. Some spiral curls in front on good days. Mixed fine and medium thickness.

Comments

• LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    I'm in the Midwest and not NYC, but I always wanted to go to The Beehive in Brooklyn. They have Deva-trained stylists (Marlene is a junior-level, so she'd be less expensive) and have gotten good reviews. They are supposed to be very low-key and cool. Here is their website: www.thebeehivesalon.com. Although their prices start at $50, it still less expensive than Devachan.

I don't know if this helps, but good luck!
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • confusedmaidenconfusedmaiden Posts: 59Registered Users
    Thanks for the reply. :-)

Another question for anyone who may know - I'm in the process of trying to grow out some layers put in my hair. I'd like to get a small trim in Aug or Sept to get rid of frayed ends, as I'm growing my hair long again. What does one communicate to a stylist re: giving a trim to layered hair? Sorry if that seems a silly question, but I don't have any experience with this. I had my hair in a blunt cut for many years.
    My Fotki Page
    pw: lemonade

2a/2b/2c i & ii. Very frizz prone in front, sides and canopy. Some spiral curls in front on good days. Mixed fine and medium thickness.