Help with figuring out my hair type, and products to use on it

emeraldgirl93emeraldgirl93 Registered Users Posts: 13
I absouluty HATE my hair, I wish it was straight...but I have this ugly frizzy, dry, curly hair that I have no clue how to deal with other then to attempt to straighten it which doesn't exatly work to well because i SUCK at straightening my hair and it never stays straight all day no matter how much straightening products I use. As of right now I use the Garnia frutise line of shampoo and conditioner and i also use a bunch of there products as well. I'm no good at figuring of stuff like my hair type, i think maby 3ish but idk

http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p13/Sweet_N_Shy011/?action=view&current=Myclothsandshoes002.jpg
Wisconsin Curly
Shoulder Length 3a hair
Last cut in Dec of 2011
My hair is allergic to sissors!

Comments

• Melanie_LinnMelanie_Linn Registered Users Posts: 457
    I absouluty HATE my hair, I wish it was straight...but I have this ugly frizzy, dry, curly hair that I have no clue how to deal with other then to attempt to straighten it which doesn't exatly work to well because i SUCK at straightening my hair and it never stays straight all day no matter how much straightening products I use. As of right now I use the Garnia frutise line of shampoo and conditioner and i also use a bunch of there products as well. I'm no good at figuring of stuff like my hair type, i think maby 3ish but idk

http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p13/Sweet_N_Shy011/?action=view&current=Myclothsandshoes002.jpg

I like your hair, its not ugly at all. It just needs a bit of tlc. I would nix the shampoo and look to see if the conditioner has anything ending in "cone" in it. If it does look for one that doesn't, and shampoo one last time to get rid of the products in your hair and then wash and condition your hair with the conditioner from then on.

you look like a 3a to me, but its hard to tell. I'm sure that other people on here could tell you what might work for you.
    3c/4aMCiii normal/low porosity med elasticty

Shampoo- JC Hydrating Invigorating poo, Alaffia Shea & Virgin Coconut Enriching Shampoo, CV poo bars
    Rinse out- Natures gate hemp, GSAS
    Leave in- GDLI, Beautiful Curls Curl Activating Leave in
    DT- Still working on that
    Styler- Ecostyler Crystal, Queen Helene Royal Curl Creme
    Sealer- castor, Shea butter,jojoba oil

I don't know how well I'll keep it up, my blog The Lions Mane
  • emeraldgirl93emeraldgirl93 Registered Users Posts: 13
    Yeah, I'v been reading stuff on here all day about not using shampoo at all, I use to do that but I don't think I did it right because my hair was just ugh... i'v since gone back to using shampoo and conditioner but I really would like to try the CG method again. I want to make sure I do it right though. Before you start the CG method you are suppose to do a clarifying shampoo? What product would you recommend for that... as for condioner... I was reading something about a co-wash, and a conditioner... So I have to have to seperate conditioners? one for co-washing and one for just reguler conditioning? What qualitys should the co-washing one have? As for styling products I would like to use gels as i'v been using mousses an d cremes and they don't seem to be doing it for me. What products would you recommend for my hairtype that are reletivly cheap(drugstore)
    Wisconsin Curly
    Shoulder Length 3a hair
    Last cut in Dec of 2011
    My hair is allergic to sissors!
  • Melanie_LinnMelanie_Linn Registered Users Posts: 457
    I'm a 3c so i dont know what would exactly would work for your hair. you dont need seperate conditioners for your hair. I use the same one for my co-washes, conditioning, and leave in. And i use it because my hair loves it.

As for conditioners, sauve V05 should be a good place to start. some of the other girls here love sauve. I have no idea what to recomend to you for a gel,so i'll leave that for some one else to do.
    3c/4aMCiii normal/low porosity med elasticty

Shampoo- JC Hydrating Invigorating poo, Alaffia Shea & Virgin Coconut Enriching Shampoo, CV poo bars
    Rinse out- Natures gate hemp, GSAS
    Leave in- GDLI, Beautiful Curls Curl Activating Leave in
    DT- Still working on that
    Styler- Ecostyler Crystal, Queen Helene Royal Curl Creme
    Sealer- castor, Shea butter,jojoba oil

I don't know how well I'll keep it up, my blog The Lions Mane
  • AngularScienceAngularScience Registered Users Posts: 844 Curl Neophyte
    Garnier Fructis works well on my hair, but I think you should nix it. Fructis has 'cones in it; not as much as say, Pantene, but enough that with your hairtype, you might as well avoid it. For a clarifying shampoo, I'd choose VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze. It's about $1 in drugstores. Since I'm not CG, that's about all the help I can give you.

Oh, wait! To make your own deep conditioning treatments, you can use your cheap VO5 conditioner and add honey and olive oil to it, and microwave for 30 seconds.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file