CurlTalk

Flat twist out

CurlJusticeCurlJustice Posts: 35Registered Users
what is a flat twist twist out? I've seen post inwhich peope mention this style. But how is it different from a regular twist out? How do u get them flat?
"My hair is glorious, but it is only tamed by braids. I'm not even sure what my unbraided hair looks like anymore.":afro::queen:

Comments

• HoneycombHoneycomb Posts: 400Registered Users
    what is a flat twist twist out? I've seen post inwhich peope mention this style. But how is it different from a regular twist out? How do u get them flat?

You do a flat-twist like you would do a cornroll or frenchbraid, instead of using three strands of hair, you use two.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fau.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DRjd29ShNw8U" class="Popup

HTH. I have pics of my hair after I removed my flat twists to get the flat twist-out look.
  • midgimidgi Posts: 2,409Registered Users
    Thanks for posting that vid Honeycomb! I like watching people do hair so now I'll be on Youtube for a few more hours... :laughing7:
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
  • CurlJusticeCurlJustice Posts: 35Registered Users
    [quote=Honeycomb;650208

HTH. I have pics of my hair after I removed my flat twists to get the flat twist-out look.[/quote]

I love your hair!!!! It's soooo beautiful.
    Thanks for replying too. The video and pics are helpful.

I need some serious help figuring out what is wrong with my twist out. (will post pics when I get home from work). 90% came out horribly, but then there were 10% that were dreamcurls. I don't know what went wrong. I need help!!!
    "My hair is glorious, but it is only tamed by braids. I'm not even sure what my unbraided hair looks like anymore.":afro::queen:
  • missmoniemissmonie Posts: 920Registered Users
    Back when I had a relaxer....I could get really good results from a flat twistout. Here's a pic:
    Me_ORG-vi.jpg

But now that I'm natural....it doesn't come out so well. it starts to frizz as soon as i try to take them apart because the strands are so intertwined. My hair personally is better off with individual twists for a twistout. Here's a pic of a flat twistout:

IMG_0338-vi.jpg
    4a: Combo of tight coils and waves; Last relaxer - 11/05 (LC - 4/07) - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmissmonie%2F" class="Popup - updates as of Mar '09

Products: Trader Joe's condish * Giovanni Direct Leave in * Fantasia Gel or KCCC for curl definition * Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Cream as moisturizer

comic-p.jpg
  • ShonesShones Posts: 244Registered Users
    missmonie wrote: »
    Back when I had a relaxer....I could get really good results from a flat twistout. Here's a pic:
    Me_ORG-vi.jpg

But now that I'm natural....it doesn't come out so well. it starts to frizz as soon as i try to take them apart because the strands are so intertwined. My hair personally is better off with individual twists for a twistout. Here's a pic of a flat twistout:

IMG_0338-vi.jpg

That's really cute! I like the fullness in your second pic.
    Natural since '97 - 8 yrs loc'ed, free-form since then :)
    Blog: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fcurlysweetlife.blogspot.com" class="Popup
    Twitter: ShoniFree
    YouTube: Shonesters
    Fearfully and wonderfully made in His likeness and image
  • keepitmovin2.0keepitmovin2.0 Posts: 653Registered Users
    I agree. I think your twistouts are cute in BOTH photos.
    Currently using:

Poo: CON Sulfate Free poo
    Rinse out: Tresemme Naturals
    Leave-in: CJAOO Daily Cond
    Styler: KCCC sparingly and Ampro Olive Oil Gel where needed
    DT: KBB Lucious Locks Mask + EVOO/Avocado
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • missmoniemissmonie Posts: 920Registered Users
    empressri wrote: »

you're probably right! look at you...trying to push me to buy a new product. you're living up to your head product pusha title..... :laughing7:
    4a: Combo of tight coils and waves; Last relaxer - 11/05 (LC - 4/07) - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmissmonie%2F" class="Popup - updates as of Mar '09

Products: Trader Joe's condish * Giovanni Direct Leave in * Fantasia Gel or KCCC for curl definition * Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Cream as moisturizer

comic-p.jpg
  • RinnyriotRinnyriot Posts: 10Registered Users
    I did a flat twist out last night and I don't know if I did it correctly because my results were all over the place!
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    ^^If you try using a product with some type of hold (a gel, pomade or butter that has some hold) and do them a little tighter you will get excellent results. I love flat twist outs, they're fast and easy!

I :love4: your hair in the siggy pic.

ETA: Also a few more flat twists (I usually do 6 or more)
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1