Twists?

blaqpearlblaqpearl Registered Users Posts: 310
Am I the only one that cannot accomplish twists? I always have to get them done and I think that it is at least one of the things I should be able to do.

I wanna be able to wear twists for at least a week and the do a twist out. Whenever I try doing this style on my own I look like the crackhead on Friday.

Any pointers on how to get nice and even twists that look full and pretty? Is there a special technique that I am missing?
I have kinks, coils and curls on this head.
Certified PJ. I need rehab.
Hair Album
Last update 1/1/07

Comments

• An AkashaAn Akasha Registered Users Posts: 175
    No, I can't do it, either. :?

I'm hoping for a twist wizard to respond.
    BSL of thick 4a/ 3c coils.
    Member since 1999.
  • atlantisrisingatlantisrising Registered Users Posts: 263
    I need twist help, lol. They never work out for me. They won't stay twisted at the top. I just suck at twisting.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    The kinkier the hair, the easier it is to hold and keep twists. The twist on the top of my head always look perfect whethere I twist wet or dry. Underneath, just looks like a pathetic dna double helix.

To get fuller looking twists, comb out the hair as it dries so that it's big and fluffy and void of any curl definition. Then twist dry hair with a tiny bit of pommade.
  • TroDousTroDous Registered Users Posts: 241
    I actually cheat with my twists..I start them like regular braids then start twisting. When I did them the other way they would unravel after 2 or 3 days. I twist with dry hair that I've combed out and use ORS Lock & twist gel. I usually have to retwist the ends by day 4 with more gel but that's ok.
    Coily, springy, major shrinkage!
  • atlantisrisingatlantisrising Registered Users Posts: 263
    TroDous wrote:
    I actually cheat with my twists..I start them like regular braids then start twisting. When I did them the other way they would unravel after 2 or 3 days. I twist with dry hair that I've combed out and use ORS Lock & twist gel. I usually have to retwist the ends by day 4 with more gel but that's ok.

Great tip! I'll try this soon. Maybe even take pics, lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file