CurlTalk

BRHG or AAC?

I am running out of the Aussie combo and I want to try something else. So here's my poll. Which do you like better? or how do they compare? Do you have any other gel suggestions (that I can find at CVS) for 2b/3a hair? :D
My hair is a mix of 2b/3a and even a bit of 3b thrown in! I would call my hair wavycelli. It curls most when I leave it alone after wet scrunching. My hair has a spring factor of about 2 or 3 inches and has a very silky, medium texture.
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• SuperCurlSuperCurl Posts: 111Registered Users
    I voted for BRHG. The Aussie combo doesn't have as much hold as I like.
    3a/b fine but lots of it!
    HG's:BRHG, AG Re:Coil, LOVING Curls Ecstasy Hair Tea Condish!

• MaudieMaudie Posts: 508Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I just started using the Aussie foam + leave in. It's light, holds nicely, gives me second day hair and my hair dries faster than with gels.
    Maudie

CO wash-Vo5 Kiwi Lime
    Regular CO-Tresemme Naturals Silicone Free
    Deep CO-Aussie 3 Minute Miracle

Shampoo-Jhirmack Silver Plus Ageless once a week
    Cream-Garnier Fructis Sleek $ Shine Leave-In Conditioning
    Gels-LA Looks Sport

Going silver-last hair color 4/10/15
  • curlyjenncurlyjenn Posts: 585Registered Users
    I'm loving the Biosilk RHG because if I put it on over some of my daily condish, then I can rock 4th day hair, although the 4th day is usually an updo!
    I'm a 3b, with 3c underneath.

Used to be CG, now I'm not. Using Suave Aloe & Waterlily shampoo & condish, JoiWhip, BRHG, Suave Aloe gel, Aussie Tizz No Frizz, and anything else that looks good!
    My Myspace!
  • DancingbadgerDancingbadger Posts: 136Registered Users
    Hmmm, interesting. Maybe the stronger hold of the BRHG would be good for my hair. I'm still curious about what people have used or tried.
    My hair is a mix of 2b/3a and even a bit of 3b thrown in! I would call my hair wavycelli. It curls most when I leave it alone after wet scrunching. My hair has a spring factor of about 2 or 3 inches and has a very silky, medium texture.
  • jersey8jersey8 Posts: 195Registered Users
    Are these both clear, CG good gels (BRHG and Gel+Water)?

And there is a lot of humidity here, so I was thinking BRHG for me, but then again I have definitely NOT mastered scrunching out any crunch.
    2b, low porosity, high density, fine, loves protein
  • DancingbadgerDancingbadger Posts: 136Registered Users
    Okay, so I tried the BRHG. I love it!!! Granted I only used it one day but my hair looked totally different. I had less frizz (although after touching it too much and getting slightly rained on, some frizz formed) and my curls were a lot more defined. Instead of some clumped curls underneath I had more separated botticellis. It also lasted the night a lot better.

I still like the aussie combo but it gives me a different look.

They are all CG friendly. :D
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,477Registered Users
    I voted for the Aussie Combo as that's my HG combo. I do use BRHG mixed with other things and usually get good results, though.
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • shanadairshanadair Posts: 43Registered Users
    I voted for the Aussie combo, though I also love BRHG...it's just that the Aussie combo is cheaper and so I use it more often.

But, even better for me is a new combo involving both Aussie and BRHG that I have been trying recently!

I apply one big glob of Aussie Dual Water + Gel to sopping wet hair, scrunch a bit with a microfiber towel, then plop for about 10 minutes. Then I added another smaller glop of the Aussie and diffuse for just 5 minutes. (The total amount of Aussie gel I use in this combo is about half of what I would normally use with Ava's combo). Then I add a quarter-sized glop of BRHG to damp hair, which adds definition, curl, and just a bit more hold (I need it now with the wind and snow in Michigan!). Sometimes I also add a pump of ISO bouncy creme to the BRHG, mix in my hand and then apply.

Hope this helps!
    3A/medium texture/thick
    dark brown layers, BSL
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fcurlytops.org%2Fshannon%2F" class="Popup
    Currently using: Suave Coconut Condish, HE Body Envy mixed with BRHG