why people put a pass to their fotki ?

HalSaHalSa Registered Users Posts: 53 Curl Neophyte
I mean, unless you really want your album private and give the pass to only the people who asked for it and you trust
then why put a password to your fotki, like in the signature right beside the link to the album ?

what the point ??? ive been wondering
its not like your album is going to be more secure, if the pass is right next to the link

please enlighten me:dontknow::geek:
2c dark blonde,shoulder length, growing out henndigo!

Comments

• KitaraKitara Registered Users Posts: 1,224
    I've always wondered that too, but what I guessed is that Fotki is public and people don't want random Fotki members (not nc.com) members searching through their pictures for no reason.
  • helloitsiohelloitsio Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Curl Connoisseur
    Kitara wrote: »
    I've always wondered that too, but what I guessed is that Fotki is public and people don't want random Fotki members (not nc.com) members searching through their pictures for no reason.

That's pretty much my reason
    2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

http://public.fotki.com/Helloitsio/
    http://skinandhairjunkie.wordpress.com/
  • midgimidgi Registered Users Posts: 2,409 Curl Neophyte
    I always figured it was for the same reason Kitara stated-- they don't want random Fotki members visiting their albums, only hair board members.
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Registered Users Posts: 17,502 Curl Neophyte
    HalSa wrote: »
    I mean, unless you really want your album private and give the pass to only the people who asked for it and you trust
    then why put a password to your fotki, like in the signature right beside the link to the album ?

what the point ??? ive been wondering
    its not like your album is going to be more secure, if the pass is right next to the link

please enlighten me:dontknow::geek:

Fewer people read there than browse fotki.

i don't mind anyone here looking at my stuff. Perhaps some non members have read and looked at our fotkis, but I think most are members.

I don't do it to have total privacy. I do it to reduce the number of nutbags who leave juvenile appearance comments.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • HalSaHalSa Registered Users Posts: 53 Curl Neophyte
    I see ! I wondered that too, but i searched for ''wavy'' hair before and there was only 3 pages of results, and didnt see my photos there

i know why now though, the pictures i uploaded have names like sd594837374 so even if people are searching for wavy or curly hair photos, they're not gonna see my pics:wink:
    2c dark blonde,shoulder length, growing out henndigo!
  • cymprenicympreni Registered Users Posts: 9,609 Curl Neophyte
    There are programs that will scan the internet and steal pictures, and use them for their own purposes. If you lock the album then those programs can't access those pictures.

I belong to another site that's had problems with their pictures showing up on fetish sites and advertisements without their permission.
  • empressriempressri Registered Users Posts: 4,812
    I'm considering it. I got a message that was really vague, then looked at the pictures...and instantly thought, was this in invitation to a three-way or something??
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • ScrappyTamScrappyTam Registered Users Posts: 470
    empressri wrote: »
    I'm considering it. I got a message that was really vague, then looked at the pictures...and instantly thought, was this in invitation to a three-way or something??

Empressri....maybe it was Ange & Brad looking to make a sammich outta you (per your comment on the Fantasy 5 thread). :laughing7: Tell ya what....if its them and you decide to pass, well, you could send them to me. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

ps:sorry for the guano...couldn't resist :wink:
    I almost threw my ovaries at him. - Trenell

• empressriempressri Registered Users Posts: 4,812
    ScrappyTam wrote: »
    empressri wrote: »

Empressri....maybe it was Ange & Brad looking to make a sammich outta you (per your comment on the Fantasy 5 thread). :laughing7: Tell ya what....if its them and you decide to pass, well, you could send them to me. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

ps:sorry for the guano...couldn't resist :wink:

nah they were the PHONY ange and brad!!! but believe me, if the real ones hit me up and ask me, hell im inviting hubby! :laughing7:
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file