Judge my Recipe please

millie_(A)TCKmillie_(A)TCK Registered Users Posts: 404
So I want to try to make a super-moisturizing repair mask and wanted to use the following ingredients for my first ever mask with my natural curly hair - I cut my relaxed hair all of 7 months ago -. I have previously used the combination of all the oils together and it the results were amazing but it had been hard to ensure it got all over my hair, hence why I want to add a thick conditioner to it. The honey and aloe vera is because I am curious to see how they work.

- thick conditioner
- shea butter
- coconut butter
- evening primrose oil
- rosemary oil
- jojoba oil
- aloe vera juice
- honey

Please tell me if you think my combination of ingredients is too much and they'll work against each other or anything else.

Thank you very much.

Btw my hair is 3c.
3c/4a. Very Fine and Thin.
Moisturizers: QB Burdock Root butter creme, Curl Junkie, Abba Pure Gentle leave-in
Styling Products: Curls Souffle, Curl Junkie Coffee Creme
Curl Cremes: Jessicurl Confident Coils
Conditioners: Deva Curl One, Mixed Chics DC, Nature's Gate Biotin
DT:AO Honeysuckle Rose, Coconut oil.

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    I use coconut milk as a base and add other ingredients like the honey, conditioner and oils. It thins it down and makes it easy to spread around. The last two times I did it, I "steamed" it (using the microwave cap and a wet turban.) It worked really well.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • millie_(A)TCKmillie_(A)TCK Registered Users Posts: 404
    Thats a rather ingenious way of steaming without using a steam machine. Thanx for that tip.

Which is better, to steam it or to leave over-night?
    3c/4a. Very Fine and Thin.
    Moisturizers: QB Burdock Root butter creme, Curl Junkie, Abba Pure Gentle leave-in
    Styling Products: Curls Souffle, Curl Junkie Coffee Creme
    Curl Cremes: Jessicurl Confident Coils
    Conditioners: Deva Curl One, Mixed Chics DC, Nature's Gate Biotin
    DT:AO Honeysuckle Rose, Coconut oil.
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    Thats a rather ingenious way of steaming without using a steam machine. Thanx for that tip.

Which is better, to steam it or to leave over-night?

I think it's a matter of preference. The steaming got the job done in 45 minutes. The steaming does at least as well as an overnight DT.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file