are suave naturals shampoos too drying??

leilis1991leilis1991 Registered Users Posts: 20
I know they aren't sulfate-free, but they are pretty much all I can find in my country. Every other shampoos I know are really harsh because here people are frightened by both curls (or waves) and natural hair oil =P

my question is, could I use Suave Coconut Shampoo to wash my hair if it gets too oily or would it be like starting all over again the transition process??

thanks!!
2a/2b f/ii

Hoping to get curlier!! :wink:

(Sorry about any spelling or grammar mistakes, English is not my mother tongue)

:blob7:

Comments

• bethmeglobethmeglo Registered Users Posts: 49
    I used to wash my hair with suave naturals once per week, before I went completely CG. I didn't think it was too drying, but then again I was only doing it once per week, and I usually diluted it before using. So, I would say no, it's not too drying if used in moderation!
    Best of luck; I'm a wavy too and know how hard it is to strike that balance!
    2C BSL hair and lots of it!
    Cheap and low-maintenance are my two favorite words!
  • leilis1991leilis1991 Registered Users Posts: 20
    ok, so I dilute it... but how do I apply it to my roots after doing that? I mean, it would be liquid, right? :-?

I just can't imagine how I'll manage to distribute it over my scalp :S

it would be easier to do it in the shower or somewhere else??

omg I have so many questions! =P

thank you girls, everybody's being so supportive :)
    2a/2b f/ii

• curlybikergirlcurlybikergirl Registered Users Posts: 18
    I'm a fan of washing my hair hanging over the side of the tub or sink upside down--when using anything diluted/more liquid, this seems to work well. I pour the diluted mixture onto the very back of my head and work it into my scalp with my fingers--the diluted shampoo. Sometimes I also pour just a little at a time and then if I can't get it distibuted well across my entire scalp, I can then pour a bit more near where I need more, say on the sides. HTH!
    curlybikergirl
    Fia: 2c with some 3a around my face currently using: CV shampoo bars 3X/week, no conditioner, Dove Curl&Sculpt Mousse, Aussie Catch the Wave mousse/leave-in, Suave Anti-frizz cream, Dove flexible hold hairspray after scrunching. Air dry for looser waves, diffuse for more curl/tighter waves. :happy11:
    thanks, you've been very helpful!
    2a/2b f/ii

• AngularScienceAngularScience Registered Users Posts: 844 Curl Neophyte
    Is VO5 available? I like those shampoos better because they use sodium laureth sulfate as the primary detergent, with a little bit of sodium lauryl sulfate. SLES is a much gentler detergent for me than SLS and any of the ammonium sulfates that are in the Suave ones.
  • confusedmaidenconfusedmaiden Registered Users Posts: 59
    You could also try just doing the condition/shampoo/condition CG routine using the full strength Suave naturals (apply with just your fingertips) ... or, if you can get the Suave shampoo into some kind of squirt bottle like this one and dilute it a bit with water it might be easier to get it just on your roots.
    My Fotki Page
    pw: lemonade

2a/2b/2c i & ii. Very frizz prone in front, sides and canopy. Some spiral curls in front on good days. Mixed fine and medium thickness.
    oh thanks... I'll consider getting a bottle like that (maybe my mum has one)... and I'll check out the VO5 shampoos.
    2a/2b f/ii

• TrixieTrixie Registered Users Posts: 260
    I just started using Suave Naturals coconut shampoo like every other day just on my roots, and then I use the conditioner every day. I really like both the shampoo and conditioner! It doesn't seem too drying to me, but then again I just feel like my scalp gets really oily since it's not used to not being washed every day with shampoo. Good luck with whatever you use!
    Somewhere between a 2b/c and a 3a

Current product favorites
    Cleansers: Giovanni TTTT shampoo, Deva No-Poo, Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner
    Conditioners: Tigi Moisture Maniac, Yes to Cucumbers, GVP Conditioning Balm, AOHR
    Stylers/Gels: KCCC, SS CEJ and FHG, AOMM, BRHG, LA Looks Sport Gel, Lustrasilk (winter), Pink Boots (winter)
    Henna glosses!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file