Help me find my will power please

NessyNessy Registered Users Posts: 788
Hi,

I have been feeling pretty bad the past couple of weeks. And really not sure what to do anymore.

Last year I lost 30 pounds and was feeling and looking so good. I was eating really well and exercising 4 days a week. Then sometime in April I don't know what happened but things went downhill. I've gained back 12 pounds and my clothes are getting tight on me. I feel very disappointed that I let all my good work from last year go to waste.

The problem is that I am eating really badly and cannot get the motivation to get back to exercising. What is wrong with me? Everyday after work I say that I'm going to hit the treadmill but I always find an excuse not to go. I feel like so pathetic.

Anyway, I just had to get this off my chest. Anyone have any advice for me? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Comments

• inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    Your not pathetic and your not alone. I have found myself doing this as well. Usually it's from boredom of your work out or something outside of gym has triggered this lack of enthusiasm.

Try changing your workout...if you always did cardio by yourself...try joining a class. If you have the money, hire a trainer for one or two days a week. Anything to just change up your normal routine. If you always worked out for over an hour...try to just go in for 20 minutes a day. This way you get a workout in...but your not there very long. Workout partner might help to.

Good luck. You'll be back to the gym before you know it. :wink:
  • NessyNessy Registered Users Posts: 788
    inheritedcurls, thanks so much for your words of encouragement! i think i was getting bored of the treadmill. i do like weight training so maybe i'll try mixing in some of that into my workouts. and you're right, i was working out for an hour each time and i began to dread the entire hour. i'll try to start by doing a short workout and see how that goes. thanks again! i feel motivated already! :)
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    Your welcome!!! I'm glad I could help.

FYI, weight training is a great way to lose weight and slim down. It's the best kept secret for women. I lost more weight and inches from incorporating more weight training and less cardio. Good Luck!!!
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    someone sent me this as a daily motivation yesterday....it seems appropriate for you...hope it helps!!

Action in Place of Excuses

It is easy to make up excuses to tell to yourself. For you can choose to believe anything you say to yourself.

But what do those excuses accomplish? Where do they take you?

It's easy to use your thinking to rationalize your way out of taking action. Without much effort, you can think of plenty of good, believable reasons for not making the effort.

At some point, though, you must ask yourself this question. Do you want your life to be filled with excuses or with accomplishment?

In fact, each time you catch yourself thinking up an excuse or rationalization, ask yourself that question. Challenge yourself to consciously choose whether or not you wish to accomplish.

When you force yourself to look at it that way, the excuses will begin to look pretty silly and useless. The more you remind yourself of the value of accomplishment, the more you will take action instead of making up excuses.

And the more you take action, the more you will achieve.

-- Ralph Marston
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • NessyNessy Registered Users Posts: 788
    luvmylocs,

that is great! it is very inspirational. thanks for sharing it.
  • CurlEEEECurlEEEE Registered Users Posts: 308
    I'll tell you a BIG SECRET. Getting to the gym is 90% of the battle. Forget about exercising. Just make your first goal to go to the gym. Even if you walk in and walk back out. I guarantee you if you at least get yourself to the gym you'll be inspired to work out. Does your gym offer some sort of personal training or incentive program? Mine does. For a nominal fee...Like $50 you can do a 6 month program where they give you nutritional counseling and exercise help and motivation.

I find that even if I don't feel like working out...If I can just force myself to go to the gym. I usually get motivated by everyone around me to "just do it"
    3A/3B (not really sure)/No Shampoo/Conditioner Only/Honey/Aussie Volumizer+condish/Biolage Gel/Plop/Diffuse/Spritz of Bed Head Maxxed Out
    Password: CurlEEEE
  • Who Me?Who Me? Registered Users Posts: 3,181
    CurlEEEE wrote:
    I'll tell you a BIG SECRET. Getting to the gym is 90% of the battle. Forget about exercising. Just make your first goal to go to the gym. Even if you walk in and walk back out. I guarantee you if you at least get yourself to the gym you'll be inspired to work out. Does your gym offer some sort of personal training or incentive program? Mine does. For a nominal fee...Like $50 you can do a 6 month program where they give you nutritional counseling and exercise help and motivation.

I find that even if I don't feel like working out...If I can just force myself to go to the gym. I usually get motivated by everyone around me to "just do it"

I agree. It helps me if I tell myself I only have to do 10 minutes, then I can go. Or I only have to do weights and no cardio (I like weights). Then after I'm there I almost always do a LOT more than I told myself I had to!
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file