Madeleine's story

BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVDEmxoBFB4

This will break your heart. :sad8:
"The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
"...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)

Comments

• battinlashbattinlash Posts: 1,850Registered Users
    I admire her bravery but I can't help but think that she's never going to be anything resembling normal. She's so cool, almost robotic, when she talks about death. Perhaps some of that is cultural, though.

Incidently, I can't believe these atrocities towards children don't get more press. I'm ashamed that we aren't doing anything to protect them.
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I admire her bravery on speaking out.. if she ever has to go back home she could suffer almost as bad a fate as when she was abducted into the army. I mean think of what she went through-- forced removal from her family, forced to kill innocent people, forced sex slave to the other soldiers.. I mean if she's robotic it's to save her sanity. This happened to her, she didn't ask for any of that. And she finally broke down near the end of her talk at the UN.

But this is something that kids in the western world cannot relate to (god forbid), but I can't help but think that since she's African people will see her and other children like her as expendable cannon fodder. It's too bad that all children can't experience safety and a good environment to grow up in. I don't see the UN doing much about this either.. if anything they are making it worse.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file