Colorfix on light hair/cassia?

doubleteadoubletea Posts: 58Registered Users
I have looked and looked through these threads...and I see only experiences of those with dark hair and using color fix and their hair turning lighter. Anyone use this on hair dyed red/orange? I like my hair color, but I would like a change i.e darker or light brown. Okay, unfair, but this is a two for one; I paroused the henna/cassia thread to no end and went to the henna forum and read cassia or may leave a lightened hue to hair (golden?) but only on blonde hair? Given my hair is already a strange hue didn't want to go there...any experiences with it on dyed hair? Thanks! I am fighting impulses to buy things so I eagerly await input!
We cannot go back and make a new start, but we can start now to make a new ending.
pw: reach
http://public.fotki.com/doubletea/

comic-p.jpg

Comments

• BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    Colorfix is a hair color remover. It will remove any color from most hair dyes so that you can recolor it. What did you use to dye your hair red/orange?

If you want to go darker, I do not think you need to use colorfix, first. Just dye is darker. Do a test strand, though, because the underlying color will affect the outcome.

I'm not a professional, so take my advice as a layman.

As for the cassia, I do not think it has much color to it, so putting it on dark hair does not really change the color. It might make it look glossier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • doubleteadoubletea Posts: 58Registered Users
    Brio wrote: »
    Colorfix is a hair color remover. It will remove any color from most hair dyes so that you can recolor it. What did you use to dye your hair red/orange?

If you want to go darker, I do not think you need to use colorfix, first. Just dye is darker. Do a test strand, though, because the underlying color will affect the outcome.

I'm not a professional, so take my advice as a layman.

As for the cassia, I do not think it has much color to it, so putting it on dark hair does not really change the color. It might make it look glossier.
    You know, i thought about re-coloring it; then I got paranoid about making some ungodly color error...figured starting from a fresher slate may be safer. I have seen a few threads about Robert Craig color and was thinking of using that. I used Dark and Lovely from Soft Sheen Carson, its a permanent hair color.
    We cannot go back and make a new start, but we can start now to make a new ending.
    pw: reach
    http://public.fotki.com/doubletea/

comic-p.jpg
  • patientlygrowingpatientlygrowing Posts: 62Registered Users
    You need an ash tone like ash brown eg 117a http://www.clairol.co.uk/products/niceandeasy/shade_chart.jsp or 114 depending on your current hair color my natural hair color is brown and I got sick of regrowth so I went with the 117a though if you dont want to go too dark Id try a tone like the 114 its light ash brown
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched ... but are felt in the heart.:love4:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file