Atlanta Curly Gathering

I'mCurlyI'mCurly Posts: 40Registered Users
Okay, I've never done this before, but I'd like to plan a meet and greet with all Atlanta curlies! I'm thinking of sometime in mid-January after the holidays. Those interested please respond with help and/or suggestions.
3b or 3c (not exactly sure)
Currently using Paul Mitchell The Condition Leave-in, Paul Mitchell Shampoo, Fantasia IC Styling Gel and occassionally PM Styling Foam

www.fotki.com/Iamcurly/me
PW: curly

Comments

• nisey121nisey121 Posts: 58Registered Users
    Well, it's way past January but if you'd like to meet sometime in July that would be great.
    Hair Type 3C-4A

What you see is what you get because I'm not pressed to lye.
  • anonymous_4926anonymous_4926 Posts: 678Registered Users
    shall we give this another try? maybe people will be more interested to do something in january after making resolutions and such. i know taking better care of my hair will be one of mine :)
    natural since 1998. trying to adapt to this midwest weather while still keeping it simple. current length: MBL (stretched)

www.fotki.com/curlymami
    pw: enter
    I'm open to meeting in January. Let's do it!
    Hair Type 3C-4A

• anonymous_4926anonymous_4926 Posts: 678Registered Users
    :D :D great! i guess we should do something low key to start. people like food, so maybe a potluck? a restaurant may be a bit too much depending on how many people express interest :? well, please let me know any suggestions you have.
    natural since 1998. trying to adapt to this midwest weather while still keeping it simple. current length: MBL (stretched)

www.fotki.com/curlymami
    pw: enter
  • leetlebeeleetlebee Posts: 15Registered Users
    Wow... just found this website! Did I miss this? Anyone want to repeat if so???

Thanks! (Well, Thanks Y'all but I'm not that southern... yet)
    A former NYC girl with no OUIDAD in Atlanta. Sigh.
    No, this never happened. I can't believe how long this has been out there. I'm still open to meeting in Atlanta if others want to as well.
    Hair Type 3C-4A

• I'mCurlyI'mCurly Posts: 40Registered Users
    So sorry, I started this post what seems like forever and wasn't monitoring it very well. I would still love to meet other curlies in Atlanta. It's now August 2007 - how about we shoot for either September or October. This way it gives us time to get people interested to respond and find a great place to meet.
    Currently using Paul Mitchell The Condition Leave-in, Paul Mitchell Shampoo, Fantasia IC Styling Gel and occassionally PM Styling Foam

Yes, I'm still interested.
    Hair Type 3C-4A

• I'mCurlyI'mCurly Posts: 40Registered Users
    Great! Let's give some others a chance to respond. I'm available to meet the following Saturdays: , September 15, September 22, and October 13. Let me know what's good for you guys!

• calenlasscalenlass Posts: 31Registered Users
    Zombie thread! I just wondered if anyone wanted to hang out during Dragon*Con next month.
    3b or 3c, med porosity, high density, coarse, mid-back length

2x week wash: Baking soda + honey cleanser, Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner leave-in, coconut oil, Organix Coconut Milk Weightless Styling Mousse, Dep Sport Gel (Marathon Hold)

2x week 2nd day: Shea Moisture Curl & Style Hair Milk (on wet hair)

biweekly super-diluted white vinegar rinse
  • EponaBlackhorseEponaBlackhorse Posts: 304Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    calenlass wrote: »
    Zombie thread! I just wondered if anyone wanted to hang out during Dragon*Con next month.

:) I'll be there! My hairdresser is supposed to come too.

Edit: Oh! I'll dig up some of my extra products around the house and bring them to swap/share.
    3a, medium texture, low porosity(?)
    Poo: KC Come Clean
    Rinse-out Condish: Jessicurl Too Shea
    Leave-in: KCKT
    Styling Products: KCCC, HETT/HESMU, Joiwhip
    Weekly Treatment: Jessicurl Weekly Deep Conditioner
    Monthly Treatment: Henna

Hair Pics (most I've hidden from public view but if you want to see more, PM me and I'll open up the security on them): http://flickr.com/photos/eponaaran/sets/72157610671796089/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file