Deva stylist in Allentown, New Jersey

sherry7899sherry7899 Posts: 897Registered Users
I was looking on the Deva Concepts website, and found a new listing for a Deva stylist in my area-only fifteen minutes away! The salon is called Create Yourself, and their phone number is 609-259-1050.

I called there to check the price, and a Deva cut is only $35! I'm not due for a haircut yet, but I will definitely try there in the next few weeks. The other "local" Deva stylist (forty minutes from me) charged $90, and that was for the entry level deva stylist.

If anyone in the area tries them out, please post your opinion.

Sherry

Comments

• howland87howland87 Posts: 17Registered Users
    Please let me know if you do go. I am only 20 minutes from there myself and would be interested to hear.
    Karen
    2B

Remember to Smile, Laugh, Love, Be Happy!
  • sherry7899sherry7899 Posts: 897Registered Users
    Hi Karen,

I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner. I didn't notice anyone had posted to the thread.

I will probably go in a few weeks, and will post afterwards. It would be great to find a place that gives Deva cuts that don't cost a fortune.

Take care,
    Sherry
    Karen,

I had my hair cut at the stylist in Allentown today.
    The shopping center is right next to Globus Plaza shopping center. The stylist's name was Maggie, (she does work on Saturdays if you need that) and she was very nice. She does not have curly hair herself, but does have wavy hair. The salon is at a brand new location, and is very nice. She really took her time, and looked over my hair throroughly before doing anything. She cut it dry, then washed it with no-poo and conditioned with Heaven in Hair. She then mixed together Angell gel and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-BLeave-In-p-434.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-bleavein]B'Leave In[/buylink], put in clips, and had me sit under the dryer for about fifteen minutes. Then she diffused it using the Deva Sun dryer.

I am very happy with the cut. All the layers blend together very nicely. To be honest, I liked it better before she put the products in-my hair doesn't like
    the Deva styling products. I could still tell it was a really good cut, though.

The cut was $45, not $35 as I had been originally told. That is still half of the price of the last Deva cut I had, so I'm very happy with that.

Oh, and apparently I was her first Deva cut!

They sell the complete line of Deva products, including [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-BLeave-In-p-434.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-bleavein]B'Leave In[/buylink] and Heaven in Hair. They also sell the Deva Sun dryer as well.

Please let me know if you do go there.

Sherry
  • howland87howland87 Posts: 17Registered Users
    Hi Sherry.

Thanks for letting me know. I am trying to figure out where exactly it is. I know the plaza you are mentioning I think. I am going to check one night on my way home from work when I go that way.

Are you able to work with it yourself after the cut? Sometimes I find the product they use does not work in my hair either. The price is not bad I don't think because I pay $40 just for a haircut now.

Thanks again and I will keep you posted.
    Karen
    2B

Remember to Smile, Laugh, Love, Be Happy!
    Karen,

My hair came out pretty well today. It usually takes my hair a few days to "recover" after being cut, if that makes any sense. I need to co-wash the deva gel out of my hair.... I'll post again after doing my hair tomorrow.

I don't know which direction you're driving from. If you're coming from Hamilton, you pass Bellissimo's pizza on your left side and it's two minutes past there on the left.

Sherry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file