My First Coil-out!!!

pacammipacammi Registered Users Posts: 206
I've been experimenting with comb coils, but they never come out right! So Tuesday night I did finger coils ( basically the same thing) and wore a wig to work to give them time to settle in. They looked cute, even after taking the wig off! So this morning I just picked some loose and did a little fluffing. My hair is soo coily and cute! I'm so excited! I finally have a protective style! I might do this all winter. YAAAY!

Oh, pics in the album! WEEEE!!!!!
CGNYC wrote:
Oh y'all, that's just her crazy showing.
Trenellm wrote:
I guess lying on my back, in the middle of a studio, breathing and making vowel sounds for an hour for two years paid off. :)

Comments

• An AkashaAn Akasha Registered Users Posts: 175
    Not sure if I was looking at the right pics for the comb coils, but you sure do look great in your pics!
    BSL of thick 4a/ 3c coils.
    Member since 1999.
  • pacammipacammi Registered Users Posts: 206
    thanks! I forgot to label them, I'm bad about that. They were the last 4 in the experiments album.

ETA: Opps...it was locked...I took care of it! :oops:
    CGNYC wrote:
    Trenellm wrote:
    I guess lying on my back, in the middle of a studio, breathing and making vowel sounds for an hour for two years paid off. :)
  • CanocurlsCanocurls Registered Users Posts: 170
    Very nice. :D

Too bad I'm too lazy to do twists.

You are the experiment diva pacammi! :wink:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Remember Rosa
    Type: 3/4
  • msjokermsjoker Registered Users Posts: 1,658
    Awesome! I love it!!!! Would you mind if you could tell me 'step-by-step' what you did? Thanks! :D
    "It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."
    Step by step, let's see if I remember...

First I co washed with Pantent Relaxed & Natural, left some in and added Queen Helene clay mask to it. The brown one. Put on a curl bag and sat like that for about 30 mins. Rinsed thoroughly.

Put in about 2 tablespoons of John Frieda Wind Down Relaxing Creme (?), massaged it through.

Parted in rows, then parted rows in sections. Each section got a little bit of Shortlooks Twist it Hold it Shine it, and then I used a rat tail comb to detangle the small sections (boxes, about as wide as a dime). I used my finger to coil most of them, just twirling the hair around and clipped them in the middle to keep them from unraveling ( used duck bill clips, long and short ones). In the back, I didn't worry much about the sections, but I did try to make the long parts as straight as possible. used the rattail comb to do the back, just placed teh comb at my scalp ( lightly!) and began to twirl it. The back layed down pretty well, I think because of the direction I was twirling the comb. Let them dry overnight, wore a wig to work the next day. Then on the day after, I picked some apart with my fingers and added a little rosemary oil for shine. This morning I just misted them to get rid of the flatness, and ruffled them up some. NO FRIZZ! I think it's the shortlooks stuff. It's really heavy, so I little goes a long way. It's lanolin/paraffin based, so you don't need anything with wax in it. I'm going to rinse them tomorrow, and see what happens.
    CGNYC wrote:
    Trenellm wrote:
  • CocoaCoilyCocoaCoily Registered Users Posts: 2,648 Curl Neophyte
    I hear you on the finger coils. Comb coils are NOT for my hair... The comb got all stuck up in it.

I'm wearing a finger coil afro right now, and I love it.

• jada1111jada1111 Registered Users Posts: 829
    pacammi wrote:
    thanks! I forgot to label them, I'm bad about that. They were the last 4 in the experiments album.

ETA: Opps...it was locked...I took care of it! :oops:

pacammi, can u provide me a link to the Experiments album. I don't see it. I love the rest of your pics though. Your little girl is so cute. :)
    Jada1111

HAIR TYPE: 4a all over/3c around nape/edges; Last relaxer -4/4/02; Big chop - 4/16/03

http://public.fotki.com/jada1111/
    PW: flower
    okay, so I'm an idiot! I think it should be open now. My computer at work was freakin out, so it did something funky. I think it should be opened though. If it's not, please PM me.

Thanks jada1111! I'm completely stalking your album! I can't wait till my hair gets to that length! I hope mine will look that soft and healthy!
    CGNYC wrote:
    Trenellm wrote:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file