CurlTalk

my hair is so cotton candy like !

krispykrispy Posts: 320Registered Users
:cry: My hair is only chin length and even with BRHG, it still feels like poofy, cotton candy hair. I don't want to apply any more gel . Maybe I should leave more condish in ? I've been using some kind of Loreal conditioner for dry, rebellious hair (that's me!!) I was using Curl Junkie leave in conditioner but it's not helping.I tried Sabino gel..yechh! Maybe I should switch to a cream ?any ideas ?
Thanks!
2c/3a

Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace

Best combo so far:
SheaMosture Curl and shine milk , Ouidad heat and humidity gel

Comments

• mumofcurlygirlmumofcurlygirl Posts: 472Registered Users
    I really do sympathise with you,

Although I don't have curly hair my daughter has 2c wavy/curly hair and I can only describe the texture as frizzy cotton candy! it's also really dry I have just started trying the CG routine on her hair yesterday, I just hope this will improve her hairs texture

Hae you thought about going shampoo-less and only co-washing?

:)
    Trying to work out my 5 year olds 2c fine frizzy/curly hair

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fangel6901%2F" class="Popup
    Password; curlygirl

Loving KBB and Kinky Curly!! :love7::
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    If it feels like poofy, cotton candy and you're not getting a lot of crunch with the BRHG, it almost sounds like you might less leave-in or a lighter one.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curly2curly2 Posts: 320Registered Users
    I have poofy, cotton candy, baby hair. I cannot over condition, this will make it too soft and cotton candy like. I have to use something for volume and something for hold. I do not use a leave in conditioner. I have several things that work right now. I like the Jessicurl products, the Devacurl products, and since summer is here I have been using CK then BRHG. I usually have to use a low-poo or gentle shampoo, then conditioner whenever I get my hair wet. I usually cannot cowash only, it make my hair limp. I wash hair about every 3rd day. Good luck.
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users
    My hair has a tendency to get very cotton candyish. I'm dealing with it right now. I think I need to cut back on how often I've been co-washing or use a lighter conditioner. I get overconditioned very easily.
    Sometimes leave in can also leave my hair puffy and too soft.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"