People from Pittsburgh/Ohio Valley-a moment please

ltlangeliltlangeli Posts: 32Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I live in Wheeling, WV 50 miles from Pittsburgh.

With gas being so expensive, I am trying to find someone who is well versed in curly hair a that's a bit closer to me. I have been going to see Eddie at Salon Cercone in Pittsburgh.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much for any help.

Comments

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't know anyone off hand, but I grew up in Wheeling!

Small world.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
    I remember getting waxing and eyebrow coloring done at Fredericks in Elm Grove (I think it's in Elm Grove) a couple of years ago and being pleased. I know this doesn't relate to cuts though.

You might be able to call and get a free consultation to see if anyone handles curly hair.

• ltlangeliltlangeli Posts: 32Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Wow, it is a small world. Fredericks moved to the old Zien's Diner in Woodsdale. Yes, I said old Zien's. Everything is really dying here - sad. Oh, I went there 2x - they butchered it. Hence my seeing Eddie who has been wonderful - it's just the time and now money that I am trying to save.

On another note, speaking of small worlds, I saw your post about your daughter and wanted to send much supportive hugs and love. I am an adoptive parent of 3 and all my children contacted their birth parents with our assistance and support. As most parents, we want our children happy and whole, finding and meeting their birth parents did that for them.

Let her take the lead as all the other posters said. And may I add, I would love to have your genes. Love your curls and you look so young !:toothy7:
    In the Zien's building?! Holy Cow! I liked to eat there on occasion. I remember my Dad saying something about it closing, but I never asked what went in there.

I have been to Patty Miller (or maybe Patti) of Patty's Hair Place. It was OK, but nowhere near as good as Eddy is. He just rocks, but I can see why you don't want to make the drive.On the upside, she didn't give me pyramid head.

Thank you for the well wishes and compliments. :) I did get lucky in the skin gene department from my Mom, lol.

You adopted three? That is fantastic. I'm so glad that you were supportive of your children finding their birth families. It meant a lot to me that her mother was supportive.

We ended up meeting at Cheddars at the Highlands. That is really a really developing area!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file