Spinoff: Watching Next Food Network Star?

fig jamfig jam Posts: 2,555Registered Users
Okay, we're getting down to the wire here. Who would you like to see win?

I am really torn between Lisa and Aaron. They both make good food, but they are SO different. I love Lisa's style and I do find her engaging. Felt sorry for her on the Rachael Ray show, though. I think she'd do a good show for them.

But Aaron is so likeable and he really shone the other night. Maybe they should have a kid's cooking show with him as host . . .

The other two? I don't find Adam funny and his food usually sucks. Kelsey doesn't have enough maturity or depth yet, but she has potential. But I would not watch her. After a while, she gets on my nerves.
"Tell me, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"Honey Badger don't care!"

Comments

• wanderlustwanderlust Posts: 650Registered Users
    Figjam, I agree 100% with your post. If either Aaron or Lisa got a show, I would watch. I felt badly for Lisa as well, she started out so good! The children really did seem to bring the best out in Aaron. I am not sure what he would have done if the challenge didn’t involve them. If he could always have that level of comfort, he would do great!

I find Adam extremely annoying, although I thought that he did an excellent job last night. I still don’t care for him though. I was sorry to see Shane leave because I feel that he is so mature for his age and he has really impressed me many times throughout the show. Kelsey has plenty of room to grow, but not quite ready for this yet. I like her, but I would rather listen to someone scratch their nails on a chalkboard than listen to her talk.
    Formerly ladyjag123
  • fig jamfig jam Posts: 2,555Registered Users
    Yeah, I liked Shane, too. I kind of got the judges' point, though. But I would have picked him over Kelsey, for sure. He was SO uncomfortable with that little girl -- kind of surprised me how much. I'd hate to think that one show was all that toppled him over, and really, how often is he going to have to interact with kids?

I think Lisa froze up because she was remembering their previous advice not to be so dominating -- and she would have had to really jump in there to grab that segment back. You could almost see her stop herself. They should give her credit for trying to apply their advice, but of course now she's overcompensating. She REALLY wants this!
    "Tell me, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

• CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Posts: 2,983Registered Users
    Adam should have gone last night. I feel like the only reason he's in is because there's someone worse than him. His food sucks.

I was bouncing between Lisa and Kelsey, but now, I really want Aaron to win. He has the potential, he just needs the confidence. Kelsey is getting way too annoying, and I could get sick of her after two episodes of her show. Lisa seems too extreme. She's either super-shy or super-dominating. She needs to find a balance.

I started watching Friday night. But I did watch them beginning to end.
    made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    I love Lisa because I like her face. I just think she has a nice face/appearance to watch. Plus she looks like she makes great meals.
    I think that's part of the appeal of Lisa. She is very photogenic but doesn't look like the cookie cutter pretty girl. I think she is trying to find her balance now but just having a hard time finding the middle ground -- which, when you think about it, would be really difficult to do if you're used to being a certain way.

At least she's trying to take direction, instead of "can't learn from my mistakes" Adam, who keeps turning in bad food because he won't listen to people with more experience (like Aaron).

If we end up with Adam, I will swear off the Food Network.

• merynmeryn Posts: 1,807Registered Users Curl Novice
    I'm just not warming to any of them. I don't see any one of them bringing much new and fresh to the table (so to speak). I do think Shane would have been a smart choice for Foodnetwork, he's a diamond in the rough and I think he could bring a whole new demographic to the channel.

If you read "Why you should be The Next Food Network Star" in the bios, it's all pretty generic and uninspired. There's no passion.
  • MarMar Posts: 3,004Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My husband LOVES this show!
    I actually think Lisa or Aaron will win.
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • GabbylkpGabbylkp Posts: 197Registered Users
    I second it will be Aaron or Lisa. I like Lisa. I think out of the remaining people she knows her stuff from a culinary point of view. But, I think Aaron comes across as a more friendly personality.

I can't stand Kelsey. Even though I don't think he is that great of a cook, I have a bit of a crush on Adam :oops:
    Dwight Schrute: [pushing Michael's face into the wet cement] Force it in as deep as you can. Michael Scott: That's what she said.
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    i want aaron to win.
    i think id read a cookbook by lisa but i wouldnt want to watch her show.
    i like adam's personality, but he obviously cant cook. id watch his show though. i suck at cooking too.
    kelsey *groan* *eyeroll*...can she get kicked off the show already???
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    I am torn between Lisa and Aaron. I think Aaron's brownie had the most fun, and I wasn't offended when he turned to wash his hands. I was impressed that he was showing the brownie that she needs to have good hygiene in the kitchen.

I take it the show of the dark haired woman who won last year failed? I think I saw her show once, and it was awful...
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • curlinicatorcurlinicator Posts: 911Registered Users
  • gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    I thought Guy Fieri won last year? I like Lisa, in the beginning I didn't care for her, but she has really grown on me.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
    gekko422 wrote: »
    I thought Guy Fieri won last year? I like Lisa, in the beginning I didn't care for her, but she has really grown on me.

Perhaps I missed a season...I am referring to the season with the dark haired curly woman, the Texas woman with the big smile and the guy who left because he had lied about his experience. The dark haired curly woman asked to leave the competition early, but was brought back because of the lying guy. Not sure which season, but I do recall briefly seeing her show...something about cheap gourmet made easy.

I don't think I have ever seen Guy Fieri.
  • gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    I looked it up, this is season 4, Guy won season 2, so it looks like I missed a season.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
    Y'all are talking about "The Gourmet Next Door," and the woman's name escapes me for the moment. I really liked her recipes and food, but she didn't have great camera presence and had some annoying quirks (mainly mentioning "When I lived in France"). She mentioned France so often I thought maybe she was a conehead!

They did boot her mighty fast, and I don't think that was fair. They put her in a cramped little kitchen and clearly didn't give her many pointers or direction. I think of the "stars" they have brought along and wonder why they didn't do the same for her. I did hear somewhere that she was not the network's pick, but the audience choice, and the network had wanted either #2 or the guy who lied (until he lied, that is . . .).

I wish somehow Lisa and Aaron could both win. I'm like Gekko -- didn't like Lisa at all at first but now I really do.
    And I hope Aaron can continue what he did this week. Just loosen up and enjoy himself!

And, geez, how can you miss Guy Fieri! He's everywhere! He's got at least two shows ("Guy's Big Bite," which I don't like, and "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives," which is good if you like gross-out road food).
    He's also on TGIF commercials.

ETA: The "Gourmet Next Door" name just popped into my head: Amy Findley.

• subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    fig jam wrote: »
    And, geez, how can you miss Guy Fieri! He's everywhere! He's got at least two shows ("Guy's Big Bite," which I don't like, and "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives," which is good if you like gross-out road food).

aint that the truth! i see him more than i see my grandparents. hes also done guest appearances on dinner:impossible and on ace of cakes.
    fig jam wrote: »

Well, now that you have mentioned his shows, I have seen a few of them, but I had no idea of his name. :tongue5:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file