Dying at home, but with roots

fluffywonderdoodlefluffywonderdoodle Posts: 316Registered Users
I really want to dye my hair a darker blond/light brown shade. I want to try dying it at home... it's so tempting when it costs $10 versus $90! My only problem is that I kind of have roots. My hair is currently growing in a medium blond shade, but about 4 or 5 inches down, my hair is a lighter shade of blond (although not as light as it looks in my picture!). It's not a huge difference or anything, and there isn't much of a difference except in certain lighting which can really exaggerate or tone-down my roots. So I don't know if the color would look really uneven and weird if I tried dying it at home!

Any advice? Thank you!

Comments

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Oops, I guess you did post it here too! Sorry! I answered on your other thread on the Hair board. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice
    I probably had 4-5 inches of roots when I colored my hair a few weeks ago and I just did an all over color and it works.
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file