CurlTalk

Am I a 3c or 4a or ...?

curlykinkynfrizzy?curlykinkynfrizzy? Posts: 321Registered Users
Posted this somewhere else but didn't get many replies. Maybe some of you experts in here can help. I have pix in my fotki, I just bc last week.

thanks!:happy10:

Comments

• lil_xellelil_xelle Posts: 8Registered Users
    hmmm..i not a professional ..so don't only rely on my answer...buti think your a 3c/4a...but wait till the more experienced members give their input...hth :iconbiggrin:
    My Bc was May 25,2008
    I'm a daughter O,L and i have the occasional Q in my hair

basically im a 4abqz...yeah

Day of BC

Dad- you cut your hair
    Me- yup yup:iconbiggrin:
    Dad- you look like a cute boy
    Me-:tongue6:...thanks
    Dad- so what are you going to do with your hair when it grows out
    Me-oh...i don't know...either block out the sun...or attempt in world domination:cussing:
    Dad- the world dominated by afros and curls...thats groovy..
    Me- don't say groovy...ever:sad8:
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    Congrats on your BC. Try giving your new ends and growth some TLC before trying to type it. It's really early to try to type your hair, but it looks like a 4a.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • Curly1908Curly1908 Posts: 192Registered Users
    You are most def a 4a. :iconbiggrin:
    Yay for Kinky-Curly Custard!
    mostly 3c with patches of 2b, 3b, and 4a
    Nappy...and oh-so happy :)
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,144Registered Users
    I agree with Surburban....give yourself a bit more time, but you appear to be a 4a. I remember when I joined the site, and was a 3c. And with more length(and healthier hair), I get MORE shrinkage and I'm more of a 4a now. :)
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs211.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fbb133%2Fshyygirl_2007%2F" class="Popup
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fnaturalurbanista.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Ftinyurl.com%2F3yxneol" class="Popup

DC metro area
  • curlykinkynfrizzy?curlykinkynfrizzy? Posts: 321Registered Users
    Thanks ladies! I'm not sure if I really fall into any of the types, I really wanted to know which I was closest to. I have a lot of springy curls, some big and some really small. My nape is the curliest.
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users
    Thanks ladies! I'm not sure if I really fall into any of the types, I really wanted to know which I was closest to. I have a lot of springy curls, some big and some really small. My nape is the curliest.

I think the ladies have given you som egood information on which category you fall into. It seems almost like u didn't get the information that u were hoping for and u seem disappointed? I dunno i might be reading too much into it.....
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FPlatinumPJ" class="Popup

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • keepitmovin2.0keepitmovin2.0 Posts: 653Registered Users
    Looks like you still have a few relaxed ends left, but from what I can see, it looks mostly 4a.

Congrats on your BC!
    Currently using:

Poo: CON Sulfate Free poo
    Rinse out: Tresemme Naturals
    Leave-in: CJAOO Daily Cond
    Styler: KCCC sparingly and Ampro Olive Oil Gel where needed
    DT: KBB Lucious Locks Mask + EVOO/Avocado

I think the ladies have given you som egood information on which category you fall into. It seems almost like u didn't get the information that u were hoping for and u seem disappointed? I dunno i might be reading too much into it.....

no, no not at all! On the contrary, I'm very thankful for their responses.... I went fotki stalking. I was just explaining what my hair was like
  • GuyanaGal718GuyanaGal718 Posts: 207Registered Users
    Its likely you have more than one texture on your head, but your dominate texture looks to be a 4a, which behaves in many ways like 3c.
    A 3b/3c/ curlicious combo with a sprinkle of 4a.
    The Big Chop August. 2006 :nike:
    Natural Diva since 2005.
    Tracklete Star!
  • hairenvyhairenvy Posts: 47Registered Users
    I agree that you may need to let your hair grow a little bit more before you can determine your hair type.
    Naturally Curly - 3b/3c

www.Long-Healthy-Hair-Advisor.com
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    everyone already said what i was going to say, so i'll just say welcome to the site!
    Its likely you have more than one texture on your head, but your dominate texture looks to be a 4a, which behaves in many ways like 3c.

Yeah, I feel like I have all kinds of different hair on my head. Right in the middle is this thick annoying patch that has lots of thick tight curls. Then the front seems a little straighter than the rest.
  • rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users
    Posted this somewhere else but didn't get many replies. Maybe some of you experts in here can help. I have pix in my fotki, I just bc last week.

thanks!:happy10:

looks like 4a to me in the zoomed-in shots. the hair in the face shots looks different.
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
    subbrock wrote: »
    everyone already said what i was going to say, so i'll just say welcome to the site!

Thank you!! :nike:
  • curlynikkicurlynikki Posts: 2,420Registered Users
    Welcome Curlykinkyfrizzy!! It looks 4a to me...but I'm no expert in hair typing...I actually don't even like the whole typing thing ;) Like the other ladies said, only time will tell :D My hair is a mix of 3c and 4a...mostly 4a.

Anyway, you have great hair!