CurlTalk

Who has a my space page?

2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,480Registered Users
I just started one the other day because my sister-in-law began a blog on myspace. It's kind of fun! I'm not blogging at this point. But I've got a page!

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.myspace.com%2Fbarb522" class="Popup
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

Comments

• lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    I don't but have been thinking of starting one. I asked dear son to help me & he told me I don't want one. :-|
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,480Registered Users
    Ha - that's funny! I told my daughter that I was getting one. She said all the highschool and college kids have facebooks now - myspace is apparently for the mature crowd these days - that's why I started this thread in the over 40!!
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• rnconniesfrnconniesf Posts: 256Registered Users
    I just got one. There's nothing in it except for the photos of my new Deva cut.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.myspace.com%2Fcsf27" class="Popup
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    I just think my son doesn't want me to have one, like I'd embarrass him, as if I were to show up at one of his parties with my hair in curlers wearing pink fuzzy slippers & a robe. :tongue1:
  • g-stringrannyg-stringranny Posts: 2,701Registered Users
    rnconniesf wrote: »

So, do you & 2poodles both know Tom? I don't know anything about bloggs, space page, or face book.
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
  • rnconniesfrnconniesf Posts: 256Registered Users
    No, he's some kind of spammer. He just showed up on my page- have no clue who he is.
    Connie
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
  • starinastarina Posts: 665Registered Users
    I have no interest in my space or facebook. Don't have the time to put into it for one thing. Also I'm just tired of information overload. I barely have time to come to this forum let alone read blogs and stuff about other people that just doesn't interest me (no offense to anyone). If I had the time I would start reading books again. I miss that a lot.
    I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users

So, do you & 2poodles both know Tom? I don't know anything about bloggs, space page, or face book.

He's the co-founder and president of myspace. he shows up on everyone's friend list at first.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users
    2poodles wrote: »
    Ha - that's funny! I told my daughter that I was getting one. She said all the highschool and college kids have facebooks now - myspace is apparently for the mature crowd these days - that's why I started this thread in the over 40!!

That's weird, 'cause I always thought it was the opposite. Most of my friends [some late 20s and some in their 30s] are on Facebook.

I had a myspace at one time, but the page layouts on myspace make me irritable. I'm a graphic designer and cannot stand visual clutter and myspace has it in spades. Facebook is a lot better visually, although it is buggy as all getout.
    wild~hair wrote: »

That's weird, 'cause I always thought it was the opposite. Most of my friends [some late 20s and some in their 30s] are on Facebook.

I had a myspace at one time, but the page layouts on myspace make me irritable. I'm a graphic designer and cannot stand visual clutter and myspace has it in spades. Facebook is a lot better visually, although it is buggy as all getout.

Yeah, that's what I thought, too. My daughter assures me that only little middle-schoolers and old folks use myspace these days! Ah, to be 18 and a complete authority....

• KitaraKitara Posts: 1,224Registered Users
    No, he's some kind of spammer.
    :laughing7:

I'm not really in over 40 catagory just yet, but your replies made me giggle. My 16yo neighbor told me to set up a MySpace because I wanted to see his pictures from his first dance (aww).

He was asking me if I pimped out my page. I just laughed. I said, "OK this is dumb." He said, "No WAY, it's cool. Well.... for young people." :evil:

So now I'm "pimped". lol www.myspace.com/kitara5
    I like the violins! I was not so creative and just found a curly redhead background.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.myspace.com%2Fochy1" class="Popup

Kitara and RCC - you're both way more creative than me. Mine is totally un-pimped... Pimpless?

• CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    I have one, too. Got it ages ago and touched base with a friend from HS, I also use it to keep in touch with my sis and bro.
    2b/3a.
    Kitara and RCC - you're both way more creative than me. Mine is totally un-pimped... Pimpless?

It's all copy and paste so I don't have to actually do anything. I just find one I like and pop in the code.

The Youtube vids are easy to embed too.

• RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    I'm not in the over 40 yet, but I have one. I did it mostly to get in touch with some old high school friends.

Hopefully I typed this right because I can't see it from work
    www.myspace.com/carriecat1976
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    I don't have one. I don't really have anyone I need to keep in contact with and I have some message boards (including this one) that I get obsessed with - I don't want another obsession. :)

But the comment about Tom showing up and that he is a spammer and then the comment that he owns it cracked me up.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
    Hopefully I typed this right because I can't see it from work
    www.myspace.com/carriecat1976

Oh God why did I watch Nineteen. :cry:
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users
    I'm thinking about getting a myspace page. I guess I'm really old, because the idea actually scares me because it'll prove to me how out of touch I really am. My brother has a page on his own and with his band, and the youth group kids I work with have their own. I guess it makes sense that it would be easy to keep in contact with other people. I don't know. I'm sure one night when I'm bored I'll just do it.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.

Leave a Comment