CurlTalk

Trader Joe's Aloe Vera Gel.Awesome.

chicacanelachicacanela Posts: 184Registered Users
Ok ladies. I had no buisness in Trader Joe's bc i was on a date with my boyfriend. But i saw it, and i couldn't stop myself. I made a beeline for the personal care section, intending to buy some nourish spa condish, but instead i see they carried 99% Aloe Vera Gel. It was also 2.50 for 12.5oz. Not too bad. So I pick it up, and quickly leave before me bf's b****fest began.

Well i tried it today for a wash n' go, my very first one i've worn in public. It was the bomb!!!!:blob7:

I got really excellently defined curls that were, admittedly, a tad crunchy. But once my hair dried, i used a little monoi coconut oil to scrunch and it was totally soft and touchable! I usually only get like a few sections here and there that are defined when i try and wear a wash and go and the rest undefined and frizzy, but this was a real success and I wanted to share it wth you ladies. I even got tons of complements and it felt great!! So next time your at Trader Joe's, go on, pick up a bottle. You won't feel guilty at all!!
3c/4a 100% natural:bunny:
I :love8: Tahitian Monoi Oil.
Current Faves: Dr. Bronner's Organic Shikakai Soap (hands, face and hair), Cabellina del Cabello, Eco Styler with Argan oil, Sesame seed oil
Conditioner Only Method.
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fpeabella" class="Popup

Comments

• anonymous_29030anonymous_29030 Posts: 619Registered Users
    Ok ladies. I had no buisness in Trader Joe's bc i was on a date with my boyfriend. But i saw it, and i couldn't stop myself. I made a beeline for the personal care section, intending to buy some nourish spa condish, but instead i see they carried 99% Aloe Vera Gel. It was also 2.50 for 12.5oz. Not too bad. So I pick it up, and quickly leave before me bf's b****fest began.

Well i tried it today for a wash n' go, my very first one i've worn in public. It was the bomb!!!!:blob7:

I got really excellently defined curls that were, admittedly, a tad crunchy. But once my hair dried, i used a little monoi coconut oil to scrunch and it was totally soft and touchable! I usually only get like a few sections here and there that are defined when i try and wear a wash and go and the rest undefined and frizzy, but this was a real success and I wanted to share it wth you ladies. I even got tons of complements and it felt great!! So next time your at Trader Joe's, go on, pick up a bottle. You won't feel guilty at all!!

Will look into this brand as badly need some aloe vera gel and trying to find right one.
  • joycurljoycurl Posts: 162Registered Users
    Can you share your steps with us and all products used?
    Type: 4ab
    Co-Wash: Elucence MB Conditioner, ACV Rinse
    Sealant: Coconut/Castor/Olive Oil Mixture
    Style: My Own Butter Mix
    Deep Cond: CJ Curl Rehab Moisturizing Hair Treatment, Henna, Olive Oil & Honey
    Current Faves: Coconut/Castor/Olive Oil Mixture, Henna, Curl Junkie Products
    My Fotki
    event.png
  • kejournerkejourner Posts: 180Registered Users
    this is my staple styler. i buy a bottle every time i go there so i won't run out.
    last perm 4/07, BC 3/08, currently trying to grow out hair.

Check out my fotki www.fotki.com/kejourner
    no password required
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users
    i'm going to have to check this out. i usually use lily of the valley.
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users
    I actually love this stuff, but I recently got FOTE Aloe Vera b/c the TJ's one has parabens....but, I've found TJ's goes on more clear than other gels. So....I might have to take the L.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • P.P.P.P. Posts: 1,617Registered Users
    hippychic wrote: »

I have both. I'd say it's a bit thinner than LOTF but less crunchy when it dries.

eta: LOTV
    True realism consists in revealing the surprising things
    which habit keeps covered and prevents us from seeing.
    - Jean Cocteau

scaled.php?server=707&filename=superwhymainimage.jpg&res=landing <---Fotki photo albums
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users
    hippychic wrote: »

I have both. I'd say it's a bit thinner than LOTF but less crunchy when it dries.
    thanks pp :)
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
    aloe vera juice / jelly really helps with curls i'm seeing. it's in the top of the list of couple of products that make my hair curl more. i was reading about it being good for curl definition on curlynikki's site too. for me it works best when paired with a cream based moisture product too.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    Thanks for posting this. I picked up a bottle last week but haven't used it yet. Did you use anything under the gel?
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.